Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    SusieQ Thank you for the update. I agree with their point to a point - Not everything is perfectly cut and dry and my guess is there has been consideration and potentially discussion on where this thread belongs that has not been (nor does it need to be) shared with any of us.

I'm probably not going to be around for 4 - 5 days although I may have time to check in on Saturday. I hope everyone has a nice weekend!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I'm back in sunny Devon. My mum is sleeping, so I'm sitting in a cafe watching my car get valeted (detailed for our pond cousins). its a very weird treat,but the state of my car inside was getting me down.

Despite everything, I'm feeling a lot better today, I think its the combination of sunshine and singing cheesy songs for 200 miles.

I like being part of this community, even though I never met any of you. Somewhere safe to chat and vent and confess to all my horrible shameful binges and not feel alone or like no one understands
  • orangesmartie
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Im having a bit of a friending spree, so if I missed you I'm really sorry, but please feel free to add me, if you like that sorta thing. If you don't, I won't be offended if you decline
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Have a fun weekend @nonoelmo!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'm back in sunny Devon. My mum is sleeping, so I'm sitting in a cafe watching my car get valeted (detailed for our pond cousins). its a very weird treat,but the state of my car inside was getting me down.

Despite everything, I'm feeling a lot better today, I think its the combination of sunshine and singing cheesy songs for 200 miles.

I like being part of this community, even though I never met any of you. Somewhere safe to chat and vent and confess to all my horrible shameful binges and not feel alone or like no one understands

So your mom is doing okay then? So happy to hear you're feeling up today, what a great feeling! :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:
    Is your accent more Downton Abbey or Dick Van *kitten* Cockney?
    Edit: That's hilarious, it censored Dick Van D y k e!!

um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

It's more like Kate Winslet or Kate Beckensale. So what would that be?
    I talk a bit like Kate Winslet - Home Counties girl. Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors is another good example.
    Fun fact: Kate W's from Reading, and had her (first) wedding reception in the hall of the school where my friend's daughters went. They apparently served bangers and mash.

I live in Reading!!!!!!

Omg!!! I'm in Slough!! If you ever fancy meeting for a long walk or run or something, give me shout*

I hope that doesn't sound stalkery, I'd just love to have an mfp person to work out with

Definitely. I'll message you. My mum lives in Maidenhead so I'm often over that way. I thought you lived in London.

I generally say London, then peoples have an idea where it is. No one ever heard of slough lol!

I'm usually in Devon for weekends ATM (due to mum and nephew), which is where I officially live (I'm like the queen, I have two residences lol), but if you're about for an evening :)

All I ever really do weekday evenings is go to the gym and watch criminal minds, I'm very boring like that, so I'm generally around!

We shall make a plan!

This would pretty much be the greatest thing ever if you two met IRL.

I know I'm super jealous :( Send pictures you two! Haha...anyone near Columbus, OH need a workout buddy? :)

I'm about 15 hours away so I guess that won't work. Lol
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    When I worked as a youth counselor at a wilderness boarding school we sometimes had rice with sugar and butter for breakfast and the girls called it "Poor boy cereal"..I was not a fan personally.

You people putting sugar on your rice are monsters.

Confession: There were times when I was super broke where rice with barbecue sauce was dinner. Still would.

As a broke newlywed, I made Hamburger Helper without any hamburger or milk. Blech. Gosh, that was 1996. I haven't bought Hamburger Helper in at least 14(?) years. The thought of eating it now....disgusting. :s
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I like raisins on their own, but not in things. And the worst is when you think it's a chocolate chip, but it's really a raisin. Blech.

Oh my gosh! All you raisin haters! Oatmeal raisin cookies with lots of cinnamon...my favorite. Yum. It may be time to make some cookies...
  • orangesmartie
    Options

So your mom is doing okay then? So happy to hear you're feeling up today, what a great feeling! :)

The surgery went well, they did some extra excision to be safe, so we just wait on pathology for chemo and skin grafts. She's very tired, but got excellent painkillers to help. I'm really looking forward to picking my boy up from school too, I've really missed him, as we went to Scotland last weekend for a family party and I didn't see him (except on Skype)
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.

422 new? Wow, looks like we strayed into the Neutral Zone there for awhile...

The above retty much sums it up! Well done, Susieq.

This is the only thread I post in (besides a 100% challenge that I run) for basically the exact reasons stated above. (Love the bolded part.)

• quiksylver296
    Options
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

I think it's become the thread motto, and I love it. <3
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    So I just realized that a few pairs of the shorts I bought today look a bit like pajamas. I'm wondering if I accidentally bought pajamas, but I doubt it as they were amongst all the other clothes and away from the pajama section :neutral:

I don't think anyone at the resort is going to care anyway... people are going to be walking around in bathing suits all the time (count me out-too self conscious).

But this says something for my fashion sense!!

I admit, I laughed out loud when I read this. I've noticed that some of the non denim shorts do resemble pajamas. My daughter owns a pair. I'm sure you'll look adorable pajamas or not.
    Thanks! At least I'll be comfortable ;)

I have to get up at 4 so I can get to the airport and board my plane at 6:15 :neutral: Not looking forward to getting up that early, but at least I'll be in paradise soon, eh? (I'm hoping my tub won't have mold like some reviewers are saying it will!)

But I'll miss this thread while I'm gone!

Hoping for no mold, a safe trip, and a great time. We'll miss you too, @FluffySandwich .
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:
    Is your accent more Downton Abbey or Dick Van *kitten* Cockney?
    Edit: That's hilarious, it censored Dick Van D y k e!!

um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

It's more like Kate Winslet or Kate Beckensale. So what would that be?
    I talk a bit like Kate Winslet - Home Counties girl. Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors is another good example.
    Fun fact: Kate W's from Reading, and had her (first) wedding reception in the hall of the school where my friend's daughters went. They apparently served bangers and mash.

I live in Reading!!!!!!

Omg!!! I'm in Slough!! If you ever fancy meeting for a long walk or run or something, give me shout*

I hope that doesn't sound stalkery, I'd just love to have an mfp person to work out with

Definitely. I'll message you. My mum lives in Maidenhead so I'm often over that way. I thought you lived in London.

I generally say London, then peoples have an idea where it is. No one ever heard of slough lol!

I'm usually in Devon for weekends ATM (due to mum and nephew), which is where I officially live (I'm like the queen, I have two residences lol), but if you're about for an evening :)

All I ever really do weekday evenings is go to the gym and watch criminal minds, I'm very boring like that, so I'm generally around!

We shall make a plan!

This would pretty much be the greatest thing ever if you two met IRL.

Oh we have to do it now!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

Speaking of stupid decisions, I confess that when I was 20 (way back in 1989...YIKES), I was living on my own for the first time. Cut all my rocker hair off & was bummed how fat I looked.

I then went on a crash diet that consisted of the following:

Breakfast: Can of Diet Coke
    Morning Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Lunch: Turkey sandwich (2 pieces of bread, 1 slice of deli turkey, 1 slice of deli swiss, mustard)
    Afternoon Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Workout: 45-60 minutes on a cheap-*kitten* rowing machine I had in my apartment
    Dinner: 6 pack of Bud Light tall boys

I was a chubby 210 lbs when I started, and a thin 165 after 4 months. From there I started weight training.

I'd get slaughtered for suggesting this in 2015, but....I lived to tell the tale

Edited to add: Just did the MFP calculator:

1100 in
    497 out
    BMR: 1,985
    Daily Deficit: 1,382

that's about 3 lbs per week - the maths add up!

I would be a starving lunatic trying to stick to that. LOL! I am definitely happy I have learned I can eat 1750 calories a day and still lose.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I wish I had the bod of Rosa Acosta! !! Yeah I know I probably never will but before I stuff my face w cupcakes or want to junk food out next time, I'm going to visualize her body w my head. Lol

So I had to google that name. Wooo lawdhammercy!

I literally only understood this about the 5th time I saw it.

Up until that point I was trying to understand what hammercy is. Use of a hammer?

Hammercy verb 1. The act of putting on a pair of drop crotch pants, dancing around and singing "Can't Touch This".

LMFAO! Or dancing to Ice Ice Baby. Alright stop collaborate and listen.

Ice is back with a brand new invention.

I confess that my first 2 CD's were Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em & To The Extreme. Child of the 90's here. I STILL to this day know every single word to Ice Ice Baby and I'm not ashamed.

• quiksylver296
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I like raisins on their own, but not in things. And the worst is when you think it's a chocolate chip, but it's really a raisin. Blech.

+1
    I have worse. Did you see my earlier confession when I mentioned how my husband nearly ate my newborn's severed umbilicus, thinking it was a stray raisin?

Ah, good thread memories! :p
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Super great.

I think it's become the thread motto, and I love it. <3

You guys will appreciate this. I went to immediate care last night to get a crazy insect bite on my knee checked out. The doc came into the room and asked me how I was, and without even thinking, I said, "super great". And then I just chuckled to myself for the rest of the appointment. LOL
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Super great.

You're all super great!

Agreed! You're all so incredibly wonderful. And now a certain poster who shall not be named, ( @quiksylver296 did you ever find out who this was) has stopped posting here, it truly IS a safe place.

Yeah, somebody messaged me the username... I am glad they're gone. I see them on other threads and shudder just a little bit.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    When it finally comes time for a cheat meal... It some how magically turns into a cheat day... Then cheat week... And it only gets worse from there :/ Then after those awful cheat days, I decide I'll start again Monday. EVERY. DANG. TIME. Lol

I don't know if this is helpful or not (I'm still relatively new to this whole thing), but I don't do "cheat meals". If I am craving something, I just make sure it fits into my daily calorie allowance or I work out extra to make it fit. I don't view food as "good" or "bad" I just view as "good" or "gross". I hope you can get back on track. Good luck.

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.
    Agreed. And since this is a really supportive, safe zone, I honestly think a lot of people have been helped back from the verge of falling off the wagon by discussing their struggles here. Or had a helping hand back on when they have fallen. To be honest, I don't really care where this thread is, as long as it doesn't get nuked.

Same here, which is why I do kind of wonder why everyone jumps on the posters who dare to ask why it's in this particular section. Wouldn't it make more sense to explain all that before telling them to go away? :D

I don't understand why others are so offended by this thread? Apparently many more people than we knew or thought lurk and read every so often.

any other thread that was as off topic as this one would of been locked down by page 15….

just saying..

so the special status is interesting.

Good point... Maybe we're all special snowflakes. ;)

Actually, I think the mods like the positivity and support that this thread continually generates, and since confessions still do pile in daily (and we don't judge them! Most of the time.), we're somewhat on topic. It would be pretty dumb to pull this thread when it's going so well--not that they don't lock down threads for dumb reasons pretty often.

there is plenty of support in the main forums, it just is not sugar coated.

I'd agree there is support in the main forums but the reality is not everyone is as thick skinned as you or I. This thread keeps the people (who would throw the towel in the bucket because they didn't like the deliverance on the main forums) coming back and maybe learning more about weight loss. May be a bit slower but better late than never.
    Right, although they may also have to learn how to properly size a bra, make flapjacks or change the transmission on a Jeep Wranger on the way.

great, but last time I checked it was not a site designed for any of those things. And people are always being chastised to "stay on topic"….
    FWIW, I do understand what you're saying, but the fact is we're on topic enough of the time.

sorry, but based on a browse of the last ten pages or so that does not appear to be the case.

topic.jpg