Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I went through my friends list and deleted people that I've had no interaction with. 2 of these people I know in real life. What is the point of being friends with someone if they NEVER comment on anything you post?! I need interactive friends.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I went into Petsmart yesterday, to look for ONE item for my dog. I spent over $100 and walked out with a new betta fish (and supplies for said fish). They didn't have the dog item...

I now have two bettas - I will see if I can post a pic in the batcave later today, this new guy is a really pretty half-moon tail.

Years ago I went a little fish-crazy, and had up to 6 tanks at one time (the largest was about 35 gallons, the others were smaller ones for the individual bettas). I'm hoping once I'm in my own place next year I can get a really big tank set up. (I won't be the crazy cat lady, I'll be the crazy fish lady)

I love betas! I've had several in the past. I should get my son one for his room!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I went through my friends list and deleted people that I've had no interaction with. 2 of these people I know in real life. What is the point of being friends with someone if they NEVER comment on anything you post?! I need interactive friends.

I'm interactive, I swear! Just busy!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

• quiksylver296
    Options

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    My
    I confess I am sooooo ready for (American) football season. I have changed my profile pic and am currently wearing my Boise State polo at work. I am team mom on my son's team, my hubby is asst coach. We have season tickets to the Boise State games. ARGH!!! Kick off, already!!!!

My husband is a Boise State fan. I am a Mississippi State fan. But I am totally with you: Tee it up and kick it off!!!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you feel better soon.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Loads of sympathy here, I'm having much the same issues.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

DON'T SAY THAT!!! :o

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.

But you have them to lose, I, however, do not.

Nor do I. Just for the record.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So. Much. PAIN. :s

Confession: I spent the better part of this morning crying my eyes out because my back injury hurts so terribly. I haven't slept in two nights because of it, and the OTC medicine we got at the pharmacy is barely tickling it. Walking hurts, sitting hurts, laying hurts, EVERYTHING HURTS.

Right now, between the evil migraine I'm nursing right now and the back injury, I'm in so much pain that I feel nauseated. :'(

Oh, this makes me sad. I have been there and it's miserable. Hugs..
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    So. Much. PAIN. :s

Confession: I spent the better part of this morning crying my eyes out because my back injury hurts so terribly. I haven't slept in two nights because of it, and the OTC medicine we got at the pharmacy is barely tickling it. Walking hurts, sitting hurts, laying hurts, EVERYTHING HURTS.

Right now, between the evil migraine I'm nursing right now and the back injury, I'm in so much pain that I feel nauseated. :'(

Sounds awful... and you just got through a nasty bout.

Feel better soon!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @MoHousdon I have been known to freeze and mail zucchini bread and fudge. If you were to PM me your address, I could mail you some the next time I make it. you're on your own to buy or make icing, though. I am not mailing cream cheese.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    May I just say that mine are both saggy and deflated right now and it makes me sad. Hopefully they bounce back.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Triple post, wow!

You're safe, for now, @quiksylver296. I meant people that never like, comment or acknowledge my existence in any way. You are VERY interactive and encouraging, which I find awesome qualities in internet pals.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    @MoHousdon I have been known to freeze and mail zucchini bread and fudge. If you were to PM me your address, I could mail you some the next time I make it. you're on your own to buy or make icing, though. I am not mailing cream cheese.

Mr. Mo would check the mail and be like "What the what?! Who in the world is MelissaPhippsFeagins and why is she sending Mo zucchini bread and fudge?!" He wouldn't appreciate the gesture like I would. Either that, or it wouldn't make to the house before he ate it.

Running off to PM @MelissaPhippsFeagins.

• Glinda1971
    Options
    I also would like to say that I like logging my food when I get it from some random restaurant. I had a Chicken Caesar Salad and Breadsticks today for lunch and now it looks like I ate at both Panera and Olive Garden - neither one of which exist in my city.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Loads of sympathy here, I'm having much the same issues.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

DON'T SAY THAT!!! :o

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.

But you have them to lose, I, however, do not.

Nor do I. Just for the record.

I know, we've had this conversation before. I believe that's when I posted my booty pic. :blush:

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I found this yesterday and really liked it.
    vu61jpt8hm7l.jpg
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I also would like to say that I like logging my food when I get it from some random restaurant. I had a Chicken Caesar Salad and Breadsticks today for lunch and now it looks like I ate at both Panera and Olive Garden - neither one of which exist in my city.

I do the same thing! In fact, @MoHousdon expressed jealousy at my chicken bacon ranch wrap from Pizza Ranch one day when it was really from a local restaurant. I felt bad telling her the truth.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    May I just say that mine are both saggy and deflated right now and it makes me sad. Hopefully they bounce back.

Now this is just creepy...me too!!! Mine have definitely shrunk and they are sad shells of what they once were. :(

ETA: I am seemingly stalking @Glinda1971
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

I do the same thing! In fact, @MoHousdon expressed jealousy at my chicken bacon ranch wrap from Pizza Ranch one day when it was really from a local restaurant. I felt bad telling her the truth.

Mmmmm, chicken bacon ranch!!! I need a drooling emoji. :p Guess the panting one will have to do.

Side bar, I am planning on trying pretty much EVERYTHING on the Pizza Ranch buffet. I may be dead come Sunday afternoon, but at least I'll be full. :smiley: