Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

I think it's become the thread motto, and I love it. <3

You guys will appreciate this. I went to immediate care last night to get a crazy insect bite on my knee checked out. The doc came into the room and asked me how I was, and without even thinking, I said, "super great". And then I just chuckled to myself for the rest of the appointment. LOL

He was probably like, "Well, I guess that's good." This made me smile. :smiley: <---See?!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ... Guys? It looks like the cool kids found us. Think we should run?
    Quick, to the BatCave.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

Awesome!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.
    Super great.

You're all super great!

Agreed! You're all so incredibly wonderful. And now a certain poster who shall not be named, ( @quiksylver296 did you ever find out who this was) has stopped posting here, it truly IS a safe place.

I STILL DO NOT KNOW WHO THIS IS! I ASKED SEVERAL TIMES WHEN YA'LL WERE TALKING ABOUT IT BEFORE, SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE FILL ME IN! PM me!!

Someone PM the lady, she's desperate! I'd do it, but I forgot that user's username... O.O

Done.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Today is my second day in a row that I haven't binged. I hope to stop binging & maybe I'll set a reward system like I did with weight loss. Before I started binging I was around 153 now I'm up to about 160 which was what my original goal weight was going to be anyway, but I would like to eventually lose a little more. For right now I am going to set my calories around 1973 & try to eat around that amount everyday but if I go over some days I am NOT going to BEAT myself up & try to make up for it in another day.

Last night I confessed I was hungry at 11:33 & wasn't going to eat anything but decided to eat a Quest bar, because I hate going to bed hungry.

I also ordered New Rules Of Lifting For Women on Amazon & hope to get it soon.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I just can't keep up. Despite checking in on this thread every day, I'm still 30 pages behind!

Had a bit of a nightmare with my GP recently. Told them 5 weeks ago I was pregnant. They don't give out the number for the midwife (midwife-led care is standard in the UK, you only see an OB if there's something wrong) and said, she'll call you. And it's my first, so I don't have any phone numbers from last time. Well she didn't call. 10 weeks in and no contact whatsoever. So I ring my GP, who says, we don't know, we just forward on the info, it's nothing to do with us, call back if you've not heard anything by week 12. Week 12?! For those who don't know, you're supposed to have a booking in appointment with the midwife anytime from week 8 onwards, and a dating scan at 12, so I was a bit antsy about this. Plus the fact they wouldn't even give me a contact number was pissing me off. Way to keep me in the dark and make me feel like my concerns are of no value.

Anyway, I decided to be proactive. Rang my local hospital and got through to the maternity ward as it's the only pathway I could think to find an NHS midwife. They were wonderful and a bit appalled on my behalf as they had no record of me. This was 6pm on Tuesday. By 10am on Wednesday they'd rung me back and said, would you like your booking in app at lunchtime? It lasts 1-2 hours so I was pleased they fit me in so quickly. Apparently I'm considered urgent since I'm further along than usual. It was nice to feel vindicated. In defense of the NHS, I should highlight the midwife and student midwife I saw were great. Pleasant, warm, understanding and very professional. Sorted out my next few appointments as they said leaving me in the dark about my own care was doing me no favours (damn straight!). Anyway, I get my first scan in a couple of weeks, so that's pretty exciting!

Tldr: Proper annoyed with my GP. Love the NHS midwives, they're ace.

Also for the Americans, NHS is national health service. You get some choice for example if there are two hospitals local to you, but you don't choose a midwife or choose a doctor like you do in the States. Hardly anyone I know uses a private midwife, it's just not common here unless you're seriously rich.
    Sorry about your bad GP experience, and I'm glad you're now in the capable hands of the midwives. I really love the midwifery system - when I did see OBs I always felt that they'd rather be on the golf course, whereas the midwives also seemed to be much more focused on their patients.
    Keep well!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm really excited today that my face is feeling better!! I'm going to eat all my crunchy veggies I packed for lunch-I've missed them.

The first thing I do in the morning is check this thread - it keeps me logging in.

Then I go see how much spam I can kill - three threads this morning.

Then I go read other things always watching for new posts in here.
    Glad your face is better - do you have to see the dentist again?
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    It has been a tough day. I know this was not going to be easy but even the people that help you....judge you....smh and crying
    Sorry your day was bad - feel free to vent about it here if you need some support.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I was on a little binge of Nimm2 candy yesterday for some reason. I have never really binged, but I guess I needed it for some reason yesterday. Was a bit sick anyway. Well.. and had a burger with wedges in the evening when eating out with friends. Oh well... it won't really change my weight in the long run nor change my maintenance.
    You have a good attitude!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

That must be a hard hurdle to overcome. You sound like you have your mind in the right place. Keep at it! All we can do is be the best us we can be, stretch marks and all. Good luck to you!!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    It has been a tough day. I know this was not going to be easy but even the people that help you....judge you....smh and crying
    Sorry your day was bad - feel free to vent about it here if you need some support.

+1

• quiksylver296
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 you know the thread hero moniker might stck. I always look forward to your captions!
    Only if I get to wear a cool costume. With a cape. There has to be a cape.

And it has to be pink because, you know, on Wednesdays we wear pink!
    Do we?
    Edit: Ah, got it. Took me a minute!

I totally wore pink today. :smiley:

Dangit, I wore red. But I looked freaking fantastic, if I do say so myself. :p
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I can't remember who shared it, but I sent my colleague the thing about procrastination. Since then we've been discussing the dark playground and instant gratification monkeys over lync. And now, instead of the paper about plutonium contaminated materials I should be reading, I am reading that, even though I've read it before. SMH
    That sounds like heavy reading.
    (Did I make a good science joke? Did I?!)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

I love a few odd things....peanut butter and tomato sandwiches tops the list I think....

I have not had it in a long time, but I love a sandwich, on rye bread, with peanut butter, mayo, bacon, egg, tomato, cucumber, cheese and lettuce......

Not a fan of rye bread, and I'd have to sub mayo for peanut butter...so basically change the outside of the sandwich! ;)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I did well on my calories allllllll day... then the child asked to watch Spongebob Out of Water... No way I can do this sober... bring on the wine...

Ooh, that's a good idea for when my son finally forces me to watch it!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I'm back in sunny Devon. My mum is sleeping, so I'm sitting in a cafe watching my car get valeted (detailed for our pond cousins). its a very weird treat,but the state of my car inside was getting me down.

Despite everything, I'm feeling a lot better today, I think its the combination of sunshine and singing cheesy songs for 200 miles.

I like being part of this community, even though I never met any of you. Somewhere safe to chat and vent and confess to all my horrible shameful binges and not feel alone or like no one understands
    Then it's a very good day!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I lied, I have another confession.

I keep starting the day strong with logging. Then by dinner I just give up and say to myself, "oh, I will just start over tomorrow". Then tomorrow comes and it is a repeat of the day before. I really want to get rid of the last 18 but just don't have the motivation anymore. Even when I go back to my progress graph to see where I was at this point last year, I amaze myself at how far I have come. I just can't seem to get the mojo to finish the job. *Sigh*

That's pretty much me, too.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you!

@orangesmartie I'm glad you took your meds! I hope they'll help you get into a better headspace. :)

@FluffySandwich Have a wonderful time on vacation, safe travels! Don't forget airplane window pictures. ;)

Everyone else... MrM contacted me through PM. He let me know that he asked the others to stop engaging here, but wants us to understand their point--inconsistent moderation isn't fair to anyone.

Nobody has anything against our thread, and they don't want to get it removed--they just believe that the mods are being unfair by treating us one way and others in another. I think we can all agree that they're right, even if the comparison of the locked threads to this one are not very similar--the mods are usually super strict, and they've never made an appearance here (which I'm sure we're all grateful for).

Anyhow, he just wants us all to play nice and understand each other's point, if possible--I personally see their side, and I hope you guys do as well. I hope we can all avoid attacking or offending each other, and meet halfway.

Sorry about the novel. :)

Can you PM me and fill me in on what happened? It will take me days to go back through the thread to find it. Did Mr.M get booted from this thread?

Edited to fix quotes

Sent you a pm.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Sorry guys, I don't have time to catch up at the moment, I'm driving down to Devon to see my mum and collect my nephew.

Just wanted to check in and say I've taken my medication this morning.

@girldownsouth i saw your message - I will reply when I get home, thank you x

Hi to Charlie!!!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

*Runs out to find this*

Wait for me.

Would I be universally despised if I admitted that I don't like Ben & Jerry's? I tried one of their flavors just because everyone seems to rave about them (I paid 15 dollars for it, people!!), and it was honestly pretty disappointing. :-/

My favorite brand of ice cream is London Dairy. I love pretty much ALL of their flavours. Mmmmm.

What flavour did you try?

Susie, do you have Talenti in Saudi Arabia?

Sadly, no. *sniffle* Although, considering the price of Ben & Jerry's here, Talenti might be way beyond my budget even if it was. :-/

Boo! Have you ever tried to make your own? I still can't believe you have to pay $15.00 for ice cream. I wish we could mail you guys some:(.

At least I have my beloved London Dairy! It is a little expensive, but more like 5 dollars than 15. :) We do have some local brands, but they taste kind of cheap, and the imported stuff like Ben & Jerry's, Haagen Daz (sp?), Fregento, Skinny Cow, Breyers, and others are really out of this world expensive.

But that's okay, because London Dairy is amazing. And they have a Speculoos biscuit flavor. Mmmmm. <3

Yeah I wouldn't pay much for Breyers since most of their ice cream is a frozen dairy dessert & not the real stuff.

You can't go wrong with cookie butter ice cream:D. Do you guys get Jif products over there? If so you need to get the Hazelnut spreads if you get them there. So good.

We do, but I haven't tried it. I try to buy local stuff as much as humanly possible, because you don't even want to know how much American and U.K. imported products cost. :-/ Saudi Arabia has quite a large range of local products, thankfully, so it's not hard to do. The only imported product I splurge on regularly is Wisconsin cheddar cheese. Worth every penny.

I heart you
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I'm back in sunny Devon. My mum is sleeping, so I'm sitting in a cafe watching my car get valeted (detailed for our pond cousins). its a very weird treat,but the state of my car inside was getting me down.

Despite everything, I'm feeling a lot better today, I think its the combination of sunshine and singing cheesy songs for 200 miles.

I like being part of this community, even though I never met any of you. Somewhere safe to chat and vent and confess to all my horrible shameful binges and not feel alone or like no one understands

Glad to hear that you're feeling better. Getting out in the sunshine almost always improves my mood when I'm depressed.

I agree about this thread! It has become a pretty wonderful place. :)