Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Well, I skimmed most of the pages I missed, I'm back now. Lots of work travel the past few weeks.

I'm a little freaked out this week, I'm going in for a colonoscopy on Thursday. Fun prep day tomorrow.
    No, I'm not old enough for it to be needed, but there is a TON of colon cancer in my family, so I'm being safe.

I missed commenting on a ton of things, but just know that I care deeply and I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping up even when I'm on the road.

I am way behind on all my checkups. I put myself on the back burner while my kid got treatment, so now I get to play catch up on all those check ups which probably needs to include a colonoscopy too. Lots of fun the rest of the year for me!

Oh yeah, fun times. Next up is a mammogram. And then, I get to start with the dentist. Ugh.

I'm behind on my dentist appointments (about a year and half since I last went). I actually don't mind going, I've never had a cavity so it's usually an OK experience, but for some reason I dread making the appointment. I think it's fear that at some point I'm likely to have a cavity and drills and needles in my mouth freak me out.

I just had my first cavity ever :( Going to have it filled on July 20th...so scared.
    It will be fine. It's never exactly nice, but they are so good now with their numbing gels and good bedside manners. There are two dentists I go to. One is a lovely Egyptian man who soothes me just by chatting to me, and the other is a pretty young woman who sings along to the radio while she works.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Nice shoes. Those are some serious heels, at least for someone as clumsy as I am!

See other post. Platforms baby!

ETA walking and posting is hard!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ETA the cuts on my feet are from another pair of shoes I wore the other day!!!

Ooh they are pretty! I have a pair with similar multi coloured wedges. But the straps are blue canvas

The height kills my feet :(

Platforms never hurt my feet. That's why I like them!

Ah mine aren't platforms, I like them too
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I just can't keep up. I feel left out :'( .

Way behind, but I wanted to say that I'm so relieved that I am not the only person who hates weddings. I love my friends/family and am happy for them, but my goodness most weddings are the most boring events in the world.

Just jump back in instead of catching up! Sometimes it's too much work to get caught up! This thread should be fun not work!! Glad you're back!
    I can't keep up either at the moment. I feel like I need to sit at the computer full-time to reply to everyone who deserves a reply (and everyone deserves one).

Hugs to those who are struggling at the moment, cheers for those who are having successes. Actually, hugs for everyone. Please send me one back - I'm feeling sad about all the stuff that seems to be happening in the world right now.

Also, I want to eat everything in sight. I haven't yet, but I really want to, and I still haven't been running (one week now. What is wrong with me??)

Hugs
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Just sharing today's shoes for my fellow shoe freaks.
    (Picture removed)
    Fab shoes!! I wish I could wear heels.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Original Poster who I will not identify for her sake, I'm glad I read it. I will reply with thoughts of my experience (and for those of you reading my experience is not at all the same, but something in what I'm saying may help her or someone else)

You have dealt with a lot. It does not matter what your orientation is in so far as what happened was in NO way, shape or form any fault of your own. At All. You are blameless. (HUGE HUGS). I am so sorry that you had the experiences you did.

**WARNING FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT BE TRIGGERED BY VIOLENCE - SKIP THE REST OF THIS POST PLEASE, THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS UPSET SOMEONE**

When I was 20 I met an acquaintance through a co-worker. He was a wealthy physician. He invited me to a barbecue. I was in no way attracted to him but I thought he was just being friendly and he was "known" so I said yes. I was drugged (the date rape drug) and have no recollection of what happened, but why would I be drugged if nothing happened?

The same year I was taken by two men in a situation where I thought there was a good chance I'd be killed and I was raped by one. I talked my way out of being raped by the second. I talked the first into a condom. I talked my way into being let go. I was shaken and I (kick myself for this one now) chalked it up to a hard learning experience and I moved on without reporting it and without telling anyone. Until 10 years later someone threatened by then 2 year old daughter. I took care of that situation IMMEDIATELY and have entirely put that person out of my life. I had flashbacks. I had nightmares. I sought counseling and was told I had PTSD. Counseling really helped me enormously. I reframed the incident so that I was strong and did everything I could to protect myself. I worked through the issues and I have not had issues since and that has been a number of years ago. Please seek counseling. Call the hotline number that you see for victims of ___ crimes even if you feel it does not apply to you because they can put you in touch with counselors. HUGE HUGE HUGS.

The first few counselors I saw were batty, find one you can work with. What happened does not define me nor do I think about it often. It is now just a tiny moment in time. You will get there. I believe in you and your bright future.

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for this experience. I have nothing to say. Hugs.
    Ditto. How awful.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Tubbs216 Big hugs to you!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I just can't keep up. I feel left out :'( .

Way behind, but I wanted to say that I'm so relieved that I am not the only person who hates weddings. I love my friends/family and am happy for them, but my goodness most weddings are the most boring events in the world.

Just jump back in instead of catching up! Sometimes it's too much work to get caught up! This thread should be fun not work!! Glad you're back!
    I can't keep up either at the moment. I feel like I need to sit at the computer full-time to reply to everyone who deserves a reply (and everyone deserves one).

Hugs to those who are struggling at the moment, cheers for those who are having successes. Actually, hugs for everyone. Please send me one back - I'm feeling sad about all the stuff that seems to be happening in the world right now.

Also, I want to eat everything in sight. I haven't yet, but I really want to, and I still haven't been running (one week now. What is wrong with me??)

I can relate- I don't know what it is but I get in funks...that's the only way to describe it! I want to eat everything and I have no motivation to move much. I'm trying to get back into it this week but it's been hard as I've had a pounding headache the past couple days and haven't slept much. Missed you around here though @Tubbs216
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Ooh they are pretty! I have a pair with similar multi coloured wedges. But the straps are blue canvas

The height kills my feet :(

Platforms never hurt my feet. That's why I like them!

Same here, platform wedges are my favorite types of shoes. And I LOVE yours by the way!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I have a Garmin, I think I may be the special snowflake on here haha

My tri watch is a garmin. Too bulky and ugly for every day.

I left my Garmie in a hotel last month. When I replaced it, I wanted the HRM on my wrist and couldn't wait for Garmin to release theirs, so I now use a Tomtom Multisport. It does the job and was cheaper than my beloved Garmie.

I read good reviews on that one. Do you do tris?

One day. I mostly just run. I need some serious coaching on my swimming. LOL

My co-worker is doing 4 Iron Man Tris per year, and it's making me want to do them, too. (even though her life revolves around training).

I have done 3. My 4th is this year. I only trained for the 1st. I am notorious for doing races without training. Stupid. I have a half in 2 weeks. Haven't trained.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    A huge huge thank you to all of you who have donated to my alzheimer's society/Ben nevis fund. It's such a kind and generous thing for you to do for a random Internet stranger (except @girldownsouth whom I have now met once!) I am deeply overwhelmed at the support and encouragement I have had from all of you.

• Oberon21
    Options

This is relevant to my interests... I might need those shoes! <3

Edited to remove the image...

Heels.com Chinese laundry. So much fun!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I am replying like I don't know how to speak English. It's the walking and posting. Sorry!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    ((Hugs)) @Tubbs216

I haven't been running either, I think that's why I'm in such a funk. Tomorrow is July 1 and I'm in a weight loss challenge with some friends on Facebook. Tomorrow is the day I get back at it, with a clean colon I suppose...
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    @bkhamill Sucks to hear about the extra work but glad to see you're doing okay!
    Cool story @orangesmartie ! I've never had the courage to meet up with anyone I've met online.
    @noaddedsugarx I am very sorry to hear about the situation with you and your grandma. I wish you and her the best.
    Good job on the scale victories @CountessKitteh and @xLoveLikeWinterx !
    @Coastalpath I hope things improve soon. I really hate the idea that you aren't allowed to feel bad just because someone else has it worse. If I'm allowed to feel happy finding ten dollars on the ground while someone wins the lottery, I'm allowed to feel bad while there are people in the world in situations must worse than me.
    I don't see any issue with hiring extra help for your pets, kids, or home care. It provides a source of income to someone and ensures that whatever you're leaving in someone's care isn't neglected.

Sorry for missing any posts. I need to go grab something for dinner.

Thanks, and I am in Texas, so others here, we might need to do a meetup.

I live in southeast Texas, near Houston, but I am always up for a road trip!!!

Can we do this next time I am in Dallas?

Sounds like a possible plan to me.
  • Oberon21
    Options

You travel in those? You're brave...or crazy! ;) Although I'm more of a tennis shoe and flip flop kind of girl.

ETA: Very cute though! And I was more of a shoe person when I was thinner being overweight in heels is tough, but I know plenty of people that do it! And I wear a size 12, so that makes it difficult to find shoes.

Confession I was in the airport bathroom changing into jeans and sneakers. Not because they hurt but I freeze on planes.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @bkhamill Sucks to hear about the extra work but glad to see you're doing okay!
    Cool story @orangesmartie ! I've never had the courage to meet up with anyone I've met online.
    @noaddedsugarx I am very sorry to hear about the situation with you and your grandma. I wish you and her the best.
    Good job on the scale victories @CountessKitteh and @xLoveLikeWinterx !
    @Coastalpath I hope things improve soon. I really hate the idea that you aren't allowed to feel bad just because someone else has it worse. If I'm allowed to feel happy finding ten dollars on the ground while someone wins the lottery, I'm allowed to feel bad while there are people in the world in situations must worse than me.
    I don't see any issue with hiring extra help for your pets, kids, or home care. It provides a source of income to someone and ensures that whatever you're leaving in someone's care isn't neglected.

Sorry for missing any posts. I need to go grab something for dinner.

Thanks, and I am in Texas, so others here, we might need to do a meetup.

I live in southeast Texas, near Houston, but I am always up for a road trip!!!

Can we do this next time I am in Dallas?

Sounds like a possible plan to me.

Yay! I will let you know when I am coming back. I come here pretty often.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ((Hugs)) @Tubbs216

I haven't been running either, I think that's why I'm in such a funk. Tomorrow is July 1 and I'm in a weight loss challenge with some friends on Facebook. Tomorrow is the day I get back at it, with a clean colon I suppose...

Well I hear you lose a lot of weight with that....
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I have a Garmin, I think I may be the special snowflake on here haha

My tri watch is a garmin. Too bulky and ugly for every day.

I left my Garmie in a hotel last month. When I replaced it, I wanted the HRM on my wrist and couldn't wait for Garmin to release theirs, so I now use a Tomtom Multisport. It does the job and was cheaper than my beloved Garmie.

I read good reviews on that one. Do you do tris?

One day. I mostly just run. I need some serious coaching on my swimming. LOL

My co-worker is doing 4 Iron Man Tris per year, and it's making me want to do them, too. (even though her life revolves around training).

I have done 3. My 4th is this year. I only trained for the 1st. I am notorious for doing races without training. Stupid. I have a half in 2 weeks. Haven't trained.

Sweet! Marathons are tough, the thought of swimming and biking 114.4 miles and THEN running a marathon. Wow. You rock!

You and me both. Sometimes, I do a half hearted job of training for a race (edited my verbiage for Susie). I'm not running any marathons this year just to try to get my head on straight. My intent is to do ALL the training for my next marathon and see what happens.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm going on the Fitbit adding spree lol. I'm Heather and my user pic is a pic of my youngest DS lol

I just checked my Fitbit friends and I don't have a Heather. Did you post your email or username in the Batcave?

ETA: Ignore this...I just stopped by the Batcave and added you!

What is this batcave?

If you head on over to the groups section, we have one 'Confession is good for the soul'. Join up!

OK, I have never been the groups before, and just popped over to join up and cannot find that one and do not have a search feature, as I supposed to have a search feature there? there are 1400+ pages of groups in there.