Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, I failed at the grocery store...I'm way over goal already and haven't had dinner yet. Oh well, whatever.
    But anyway, after I ordered our half pound of cheese at the deli, my son politely asked the woman working, "Can I get 3 pounds of kittens, please"??? OMG, everyone in line busted out laughing, including me! Where does he come up with this stuff?

That is quite possibly the CUTEST thing I've EVER heard. Sadly, 3 pounds of kittens wouldn't be very much unless they were miniature teacup kittens, which would be beyond adorable.

Haha, I forgot about this! Thanks for reminding me! :)
    @ohgeeque , happy birthday! I'm sure the pizza was delicious!
    @KylerJaye, the dude sounds like a great guy! I'm glad you had some great dates with him...with a little snuggling! :) I definitely don't want you to stop posting your date updates...

Me either!! I love hearing about your dating adventures!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    aww @quiksylver296 that is such a GREAT photo!!! Hope your vacation has improved, we miss you!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I drove 200 miles last night to end my relationships. I talked a lot. Couldn't bring myself to say the words. I didn't think it would be possible for my heart to be so broken again.

I'm so sorry! ((HUGS)) We are here if you need to vent or talk through it all.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @FroggyBug Sorry you're down. Hugs to you.

@Susieq_1994 Rest up and get better!

@xLoveLikeWinterx Congratulations on reaching your goal!!

@quiksylver296 Nice picture!!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I'm still catching up, currently on 1242.

I'm a little bummed this morning. I'm usually very bored at work (hence the frequent MFP visits) and had asked my boss for new tasks. She gave me one that takes up several hours each month & I do enjoy doing. However she keeps taking it back. Each morning I have tasks that take 3-4 hours, so I can't work on the bank stuff until the afternoon. She said she's bored so she's going to do the bank stuff today. So now I'm going to be back to being bored, and since it's only a once-a-month job it becomes more difficult to figure out how to do it since I don't get any practice. *sigh* What's the point of giving me the task if she wanted to keep it?
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    10.5 miles done in 3 hours. 1466 calories burned. Off for a well earned bath!

Nicely done!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye I'm soooooo glad you found somebody who is worth spending some time with... Good for you, slowing it down a bit.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 –yay. I’m glad you can walk again and got to go out for a bit. Congrats on the loss.

@peleroja –I’m so happy that you are able to go on the trip. It sounds like it will be amazing. I’m weird but I would kind of hope to be the only people on the tour haha.

@orangesmartie –Congrats on the weight loss. 67 lbs is AMAZING! Hope things are going ok…

@quiksylver296 –I’m still jealous you are going to the Oregon coast if that makes you feel better.

How are things with you froggy?

I was doing okay but now I'm dealing with some really bad depression. I couldn't stop crying last night so I didn't sleep too well. It's my TOM so that doesn't help of course. :)

How are you?

Sorry you're feeling bad, @FroggyBug

I'm out of sorts today. My daughter called while I was getting ready for work. She was crying so hard I could barely understand what she was saying. I so wish she didn't live 200+ miles away right now, it's killing me.
    Is the medication not working? Were you able to help her get calmed down? What was she upset about?
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok all caught up!

Thank you all for the well wishes! I had an awesome race! It's been raining non stop in Indiana and was misty, grey and rainy the two days we have been here. But today the one day of the race it was sunny and beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

So blow by blow (those not interested please ignore):

First amazingly I forgot nothing! I usually end up forgetting some vital piece of equipment and having to buy it. I had everything I needed for the race (we'll ignore that I forgot enough socks, underwear and warmer clothing for day to day and had to go shopping for those...)

We were a bit late and parking was a mess. We got in on time though and then they pushed back the start 15 min so I had plenty of time to go to the bathroom ( a porta potty...sorry @MoHousdon ) and pull on my wetsuit and drink my last minute energy drinks before heading down for my wave. Ladies 45-49 went off about 7:30.

Swim: the water was gorgeous. It's a reservoir so nice and flat. The water was 72 degrees so wetsuit legal. I don't like wearing a wetsuit as I usually find it constricting but it provides some flotation advantages and speed advantages so is worth it. The water felt plenty warm so that was good.

I normally utterly panic at the start of every swim as you are crowded in with all these people and I am not a great swimmer. Normally I would have about 5 min of utter panic and thinking of getting back out before I calm down and start swimming. No problem today! I just put my head down and went. I found a spot in the chaos pretty quickly and settled into a really good (albeit slow) pace. The next big issue is often sighting. I usually have trouble finding the buoys to keep them in sight and not veer too far off course and add distance today I swam dead on. The trip back was hard as the sun was directly in my eyes but I just tried to follow the swimmers in front of me and stayed pretty on course. I didn't get beat up too bad by the swimmers coming up behind either which is a good thing. Because I am really slow the waves behind me always catch me and if they are age grouper men especially the 35-45 groups they are so obnoxious and will swim right over you, push you aside, etc. Anonymity in the water often breeds bad behavior. It can be scary. This is the worst part for newbies to get used to (it was really scary for me in the beginning of doing triathlon). Made it out in 52 min feeling great. And only a few minutes off my usual trained time.

Took my time in transition. Went to the bathroom. Ate a clif bar. Changed into biking gear and off I went. Bike was equally slow. It's my least liked leg but I chose this race for the "flat" course and flat it was! It was 2 loops and the scenery was beautiful and the weather perfect. I was again incredibly slow and most of the field passed me but hey, I was doing it and not hating every moment so a win all around. My hips and legs were killing me and I composed a lot of status updates in my head to you guys and thought about how cool this thread is and how great it is we have all found each other, etc. it took 3.5 hours so a lot of time to think!

So came in off the bike. My friend got me coming in so when she sends me these pictures I'll share them all in all stages (ugly wetsuit and all!) when I get them. Took my time in transition again and then headed out on run. I was sure I wouldn't be able to run at all after how bad my legs hurt after the bike but amazingly I felt GREAT! I kept thinking I was going to crash and burn so played it safe and ran slowly in the beginning to feel myself out. But rather than falling apart I got stronger and stronger. The time flew, I was passing a ton of women in my age group who blew past me on the bike and each mile improved. By the end I was doing sub 9 min miles and I finished in 2:07 which was amazing with little training and time spent running. I was thrilled. I did walk all water stops and got water and Gatorade and coke but otherwise I ran everything and never felt like I couldn't do it.

I haven't checked my final time or standing in my age group but I don't care. It was probably just under 7 hours, but I was thrilled. With zero training it could have been a disaster. Plus I mentally was in it the whole day and happy, never miserable or wishing I had not done it. So glad I came and plan on getting myself back on track with this training!

My friend was amazing and such a great support team. It's so good to have great friends and composing updates to you guys really kept me going. Thanks again for the well wishes and good lucks!

Sorry for the long post...

Thanks for the breakdown! I've never known anyone who's done a triathlon. Glad to hear you had an awesome day!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 –yay. I’m glad you can walk again and got to go out for a bit. Congrats on the loss.

@peleroja –I’m so happy that you are able to go on the trip. It sounds like it will be amazing. I’m weird but I would kind of hope to be the only people on the tour haha.

@orangesmartie –Congrats on the weight loss. 67 lbs is AMAZING! Hope things are going ok…

@quiksylver296 –I’m still jealous you are going to the Oregon coast if that makes you feel better.

How are things with you froggy?

I was doing okay but now I'm dealing with some really bad depression. I couldn't stop crying last night so I didn't sleep too well. It's my TOM so that doesn't help of course. :)

How are you?

Sorry you're feeling bad, @FroggyBug

I'm out of sorts today. My daughter called while I was getting ready for work. She was crying so hard I could barely understand what she was saying. I so wish she didn't live 200+ miles away right now, it's killing me.
    Is the medication not working? Were you able to help her get calmed down? What was she upset about?

The one medication probably just needs some more time to get in her system. The Klonopin, she took it this morning at work. Apparently, she was dozing off at work and her supervisor told her she should maybe just go home. She didn't want to go home. So, the panic attack / crying fit was about she doesn't feel like anybody likes her, she doesn't have any friends there, oh and her ex-dude also works there so she has to see him every day too.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Aww, that's a nice pic @quiksylver296 ! Looks like an great vacation!

Time to start reading back through some of these posts. I have an appointment with my orthopedist this afternoon and it always makes me kinda jittery.
  • ShibaEars
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Seriously, Fitbit? I am reading the directions online for Fitbit & they have What's you'll find in this document? I'm not saying I am a grammatical genius, but you would think a big company like that would at least proofread.

LOL
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I drove 200 miles last night to end my relationships. I talked a lot. Couldn't bring myself to say the words. I didn't think it would be possible for my heart to be so broken again.

So sorry.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I am incredibly tired today. I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night. My dog had me up several times with an upset stomach, and then we had a brief, but loud, thunderstorm. I asked my dad to go check on her today while I am at work and she messed in the house, which is very out of character. I'm hoping it's just something that didn't agree with her and is making its way out of her system. (She's still acting normal otherwise.)

I have my weekly training session tonight and I hate that I'm so tired for it, since I know I won't be able to push myself as hard as normal, and then I feel like I'm letting my trainer down.

Basically I'm just feeling whiny and emotional from the lack of sleep. This morning I had to stop to put air in one of my tires, and I was ready to cry because the hose wouldn't wrap up properly when I was done. (I don't deal well with lack of sleep lol)

I SO relate to this. If I don't get sleep, it messes me up so bad. I can relate to crying over things like that due to lack of sleep. I'm sorry that you didn't sleep well.

I REALLY hope your dog is doing okay.

She is doing better now. I ended up taking her to the vet yesterday. Three nights of waking up every two hours (or less) was too much. She's on some meds that seem to be helping already & will have her back to normal soon (I hope!)

I saw your post that you were having a tough time, and I hope today is a better day for you :heart:
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Sorry for the long post...

This was a fun read. :) I've never done anything like that so it is interesting to read about it. It sounds like you had a lot of fun and did really well. I have a lot of respect for you for pushing yourself and doing so well.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Still on vacation. Just dropping by to share this photo.

That is an awesome pic! Looks like things are going well.

Yeah, that!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    post weekend, catching up on 20 pages, after date(s) update:

(also, if my random date updates bothers anyone or if no one actually cares, PLEASE let me know and i'll stop posting. seriously)

Thursday -

there was this dude that i had been msg'ing online, who actually made the transition to texting my real number (shocking!) and he'd asked me out a few times over the 4th of july weekend, but i was being a dirty, lazy, spazz and didn't really do anything at all for that whole weekend besides drink and watch netflix (which was actually really fun!). hehe

so after work on thursday, i finally make plans and meet up with the dude for first date beverages and chit chat. really nice guy!!
    we had quite a bit in common. he was really sweet and respectful and we laughed a ton throughout the evening. really cool!
    unfortunately (or kinda fortunately?) it was so much fun, and i stayed out WAY too late. like 1:30 am too late. of course i had a migraine when i woke up and completely caved and called off friday. whoops.

Friday -

same dude texts me mid-morning to see how i'm doing (aww). i confess my inability to bounce back and he offers to take me out for coffee. we meet-up for coffee in the late afternoon, and yes, even sober, we still had a really good time! after about an hour talking, he asked if he could take me out to dinner and a movie. yes, yes you can. so we went to see ted2 and then went to this local mexican restaurant i had never been to. we seem to get along really well. all good!

Saturday -

i had a craft fair in the morning from 9-3pm. it was an hour and a half away (i didn't realize the distance before i registered!). after packing up all my junk (i sell jewelry for the fun of it) i got home around 5 ish. but while i was at the show lil dude and i were texting back and forth randomly. ok, so then at 6ish, dude is like hey, not sure if you have anything going on, wanna hang out tonight?

NOW, i tried to slow it down a lil bit, because three dates in three days?? maybe a lil bit too much too fast?
    which i relay the concern to dude. and he's completely fine with it. says he totally understands, it's no big deal, was just going to have a few drinks on his patio, and thought that after my long day i might want some time to chill and relax, very low key.
    so then of course i'm like, well.... ok! :D
    beverages on his lil patio, hours of great conversation, fun times!!!
    of course by about midnight, i'm drunk and prolly shouldn't drive and dude is like you can stay here, i'd prefer you to be safe. THEN, quickly added, i'll totally sleep on the couch, no funny business i swear, this wasn't like a grand scheme to get you drunk at my place!! very cute. very very cute. had a lil cuddly action, overall it was an awesome night!

Sunday -

ok, i promise no fourth date (or another of the firsts) and i just chilled with netflix with the puppies for the day. but dude, did text me a few times to make sure i was doing ok, and to let me know that he really likes spending time with me and hopes he can keep doing so in the future. *squee*

I like hearing updates! This totally made me smile - I'm glad this guy seems to be a good guy & that you like him so far!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I have to confess I think I have found my group thread!! I have tried to be a part of several other thread groups, but just didn't seem to gel with any of them. I think I found people who really are/have been where I am at and have similar goals in mind. I am glad to know all of you (even if some are missing from my friends list).

Agree with this SO much!! This is the only thread I've kept up with and I know I've kept at it after having bad calorie days because of the people from this thread <3

Same. I realized I've had longer "relationships" with all of you than most guys I've dated :grin:
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Caught up from the weekend and here are some random thoughts. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

@MoHousdon – Glad the SD visited. I hope this is a step in the right direction.
    @LBuehrle8 – I hope you have a fantastic time in the UK! How long will you be there?
    @nonoelmo – That place looks amazing! Glad your SO enjoyed the ride!
    @pofoster21 – Awesome weekend!
    @Susieq_1994 – Glad you’re feeling better!
    @TigerNY128 – Sounds like your BF is enjoying torturing you!
    @KylerJaye – I like reading about your dates! Sounds like you had a good weekend!
    @quiksylver296 – Love that picture!
    @m1xm0d3 – How was your daughter’s party?
    @FroggyBug – Sorry you’re so down. (Hugs)
    @peleroja – What dress did you end up wearing?
    @spacequiztime – Good luck at your appointment!

Has anyone heard from the piano playing name lady, the girl that lost a bunch of weight and then was struggling with anorexia, Marissafit or something like that, or Overlook?
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Woke up this morning to a text from my boyfriend..."chest and back today, love you!". Lol. Today is day 3 in the gym with him. We've done legs, biceps, triceps, and shoulders the past 2 days. I'm sore but in a good way! I'm really starting to like this lifting thing!

I'm actually jealous. I want to lift too. Right now I'm not going to pay for a gym. Maybe in the future. I have some small free weights that I use sometimes but I really like using machines at the gym for lifting (like the leg press etc). I miss working out like that.