Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Yay for starting Stronglifts @MoHousdon & double yay for Mr Mo joining you. I think that would be fun to do with your hubby.

I confess that today is my birthday and I am usually so excited about it but seemingly not this year and I'm not sure why. I am kind of all over the map today. I started out a little weepy, like I wanted to cry over nothing. Now that I'm at work, lets just say I'm easily irritated. I know what it sounds like and that's a possibility but I'm out of town (at at waterpark no less) this weekend so if it's true that would be...lets call it less than ideal. I was going to bake cookies or something to bring in as a treat but got lazy so I bought fun size candy bars instead. I have had more than my share already. Tuesdays my daughter has swim lessons so we usually have leftovers for dinner but who wants leftovers on their birthday so...fast food. I choose Chick-Fil-A. I'm excited about this :)
    Cue music...
    Happy birthday to you...and manyhapoy returns
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I started SL 5x5 last night with Mr. Mo. He didn't even try to weasel out of it and that made me so happy. I was able to talk one of our friends that lifts into helping us so we made sure our form was correct and we knew how to do each lift properly. I felt VERY out of place in the weight room because everyone else knew what they were doing and didn't have a "coach". Anywho, he was very encouraging and helpful and I'm glad he was there.

We took our measurements last night and I'm sad about mine. My waist measured 31" across my belly button, (I've been bloated lately, so I'm not sure how accurate that really was) my hips are 37.5, biceps are both 10" while my quads are 19.5", (I think) and my calves are I think 15". Not sure what "healthy" measurements for someone 5'7 should be.

The DOMS are strong with this one this morning. Especially my neck from where the bar was resting during my squats. I feel bruised.

I enjoyed the lifting, but more than that, I enjoyed spending time with my honey.

For what it's worth, I am 5'7" and my waist is 31" and hips are 40.5. (I am definitely pear-shaped.) Not sure about the rest, I'll measure tonight and let you know.

Was there no pad for the bar? I don't use it because the Velcro sticks to my ponytail, but my gym has them.

I got that bruised feeling really bad the first few times I did squats, but it soon stopped.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope your day improves. Big Hugs!!
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Happy birthday! I usually get super excited about my birthday too but the last couple of years not so much. :(

Try and enjoy the day.
    jthurman3 wrote: »

Happy birthday!!! I hope your day improves a ton and that you enjoy the heck out of your dinner tonight!! I'll be honest... I'm a grumpy brat if I have to work on my birthday. So I can understand being irritable....maybe that's all it is? I hope so for your waterpark enjoyment purposes this weekend. :-)
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Have a great birthday!!!

Thanks everyone!! My mood is definitely getting better. It might be the fun size chocolate, looking forward to Chick-Fil-A or that my work day is almost done. Maybe it's all the awesome people wishing me a happy birthday. This is what was on my facebook news feed

ETA: the picture turned out very large and it was a little scary. It was from The Walking Dead and it said Zombody's having a Birthday or something like that. I apologize if anyone was creeped out
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Wow, somewhere between page 82 and 1468 this went way off track!
    o:)
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

Confessions are still welcome, it's just expanded a bit.
  • kecmw25
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Aww, thanks!! That picture is so much better than the one I posted :)
  • kecmw25
    Options
    Cue music...
    Happy birthday to you...and manyhapoy returns

Thank you!!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Oh you have no idea.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Random...why am I getting targeted with depends adult diapers now??? What site did I visit that caused THAT?

Bahaha! No idea, but sometimes these targeted ads are quite funny... :p

I always get confused when you guys talk about the ads, and then I remember it is because I have ad blocker so I do not see any :p

So do I, but I did have them for a while--and I still think it's funny to laugh at everyone else's ads. >:)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Random...why am I getting targeted with depends adult diapers now??? What site did I visit that caused THAT?

I always get confused when you guys talk about the ads, and then I remember it is because I have ad blocker so I do not see any :p

So do I, but I did have them for a while--and I still think it's funny to laugh at everyone else's ads. >:)

I ignore mine, to the point where I don't even notice them. I actually looked at one today, I apparently need a new car, a Fiat.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    stacynoell wrote: »
    I undereat all the time. I almost get "high" off cardio and burn 500-600 calories per cardio session. But I don't increase my calories, so my weight loss is stalling...I have to retrain my brain to go ahead and eat. Most of the time I am not hungry...I used to weigh 262, but now I weigh 180, but I still see the fat girl in my head, so I stick to about 1500 calories even if I work out and burn 1000... :'(

@stacynoell awesome job on losing 82 pounds! Not judging but trying to help so don't take this the wrong way.

Are you accurately measuring your burns by either using a heart rate monitor or a fitness tracking device like Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, etc.? Could you be overestimating your calorie burns?

Do you weigh your food on a digital food scale that measures in grams, ounces, & pounds? If not then you could be overestimating how much you burn & underestimating how much you're actually eating. Sometimes eyeballing & using measuring cups can be off by a great percentage. Usually when there's a stall it's from eating more than we think.

Sometimes the exercise machines that measure calorie burns are great overestimated as are the MFP exercise estimations.

This is very true. :)Usually halving the MyFitnessPal exercise calorie burn is roughly correct. Also, be kind to yourself! <3 Starving your body of the nutrition it needs will give you a lot of unpleasantness down the road. :)

:o

Um, guys, is this true??

Trust your Fitbit. The rule for mfp is roughly half, but to reassess how you are losing - too quick, eat back a larger %. If you eat them all back and are losing at the rate you expect to be, that works too.

I tend to think that As you get more fit, the burns are less accurate. When I was logging exercise on here, I usually tried a couple other calculators to see how close the burn was and it was usually close.

I try not to eat any exercise calories back at all....I am totally confused now :|

It really varies for everyone, but MFP is designed so that you eat your exercise calories back, because it uses what's known as the NEAT method (NEAT stands for Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis), which means it gives you the amount of calories for your regular activity, excluding your exercise. So, when you do exercise, you should eat more calories to maintain the same level of deficit.

However, as long as you're not making a really huge deficit with exercise, you don't necessarily have to eat them back at all. If you burn 500+ a day in exercise, though, accompanied with a 2 pound-per-week loss rate, your body won't handle that kind of deficit too well in the long run.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

I ignore mine, to the point where I don't even notice them. I actually looked at one today, I apparently need a new car, a Fiat.
    I have one! Such fun - recommended!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Yay for starting Stronglifts @MoHousdon & double yay for Mr Mo joining you. I think that would be fun to do with your hubby.

I confess that today is my birthday and I am usually so excited about it but seemingly not this year and I'm not sure why. I am kind of all over the map today. I started out a little weepy, like I wanted to cry over nothing. Now that I'm at work, lets just say I'm easily irritated. I know what it sounds like and that's a possibility but I'm out of town (at at waterpark no less) this weekend so if it's true that would be...lets call it less than ideal. I was going to bake cookies or something to bring in as a treat but got lazy so I bought fun size candy bars instead. I have had more than my share already. Tuesdays my daughter has swim lessons so we usually have leftovers for dinner but who wants leftovers on their birthday so...fast food. I choose Chick-Fil-A. I'm excited about this :)

*singing loudly and off-key*

Happy biiiirthday to youuuu,
    Happy biiiirthday to youuuu,
    Happy birthday to @kecmw25...
    Happy BIIIIIRTHDAAAAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Hope you have a good day, even if you're feeling not-so-good. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

It did, just a little. ;) But it's awesome now! :p (And confessions are still always welcome)
  • saraherren
    saraherren Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Okay so for anyone who hasn't read my earlier posts, I haven't had a period in almost a year (September last year was my last one) and I have had a severe loss of appetite and literally never get hungry. I lost 80 pounds and reached my goal weight in January. But since then, it's been hard to increase my calorie intake (especially carbs) because I'm afraid of gaining all the weight back. I know I lost my menstrual cycle because I exercised a lot and didn't compensate with enough calories, but I slowed down on the exercise in November while keeping my calories the same with hopes that my period would return (obviously didn't).
    Anyway, for the past month I've been eating under 300 calories a day and I actually have to force myself to eat even that little. Yes, I know it's not healthy to be eating under 300 calories, but at least it's SOMETHING and not anything at all (even though I could easily go without eating for 1-2 days and still not get hungry). I went to my OB at the end of May and she tested my thyroid, sex hormones, etc. and everything came back normal except for my LH level, which was really low.
    I still didn't have an answer on what to do to get my period back, so I went to my family doctor last Monday and she took another blood sample to test my insulin, DHEA, estrogen, progesterone, and thyroid levels and ordered a pelvic ultrasound. The pelvis US showed a benign (thank God) subserosal uterine fibroid which she said is nothing to worry about. **UPDATE** I just got my blood test results for the hormones and they were all normal (thank God). I'm honestly shocked that my thyroid is normal. I have to go back on September 25 for a follow-up, but I asked her what I can do between now and then that could get me to start having a regular menstrual cycle again. She said to cut down my water intake (I drink 5 L a day) and increase my calorie intake to a healthy level again to around 1,500-1,800 a day. I feel like that's going to be hard because I don't eat fast food or drink Starbucks (which I did multiple times daily my entire life up until I graduated college in May of last year). I also only eat foods that are in the perimeter of the grocery store (so obviously no processed foods).
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

I sent this card when I was in college to someone! How funny is that!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Hi all! I was about 6 pages behind and have just caught up. I'm so glad @Susieq_1994 is feeling better! Are you still pain free today? I hope so!

I miss Laura, too and hope the trip is going splendidly!

@quiksylver296 - 9 days is a good streak! Keep it up if you feel like the alcohol is keeping you from your optimal health. I decided that I don't really want to drink my calories, so this is generally not an issue for me personally. But I applaud your effort to make a change that could improve your overall health!

@pofoster21 How's your recovery going?

My husband decided that he'd rather do a couch-to-5K running program than start the Strong Lifts program with me at this time. Soooo.. the lifting is on hold for the moment. We are gonna try the Zombies, Run! 5K program with our first night tonight. I got a stride assessment from the local running store so that I could buy the right kind of shoes and we got shoes yesterday. I also splurged and got a HRM! I'm excited to try it out tonight. I blame @pofoster21 for her enthusiastic endorsement of running as "fun" in my current decisiong to try it out again. And, I'll be running from virtual zombies, so it can't be all bad, right?

Yay for joining the running crowd! Just take it easy, don't push it, get shin splints, think its terrible and give up. Start slow. I don't know this couch to 5K or Zombie Run programs, but just starting with a minute run, 2 minute walk, etc. and slowly build up your time/distance and then speed. Going too fast = failure!

As for recovery, my stitches seems to be a bit infected (probably from doing too much even though I have been sticking to no running/biking/riding/swimming and got help with the heavy stuff on Sunday). If they don't look better by tomorrow, I am calling the Dr. to get antibiotics. I had some issues with repeated infections on my face about a decade ago that turned out to be MRSA (or however its spelled) likely from dogs (meaning I catch it from dogs, don't pass it onto others, but can infect myself, apparently it 'lives' in the nose? And touching my nose then the acne on my face (which I have mentioned before until I realized if I stopped eating dairy I had terrible acne and picked it like crazy, so open sores, but now have ZERO acne -- tip for kids with teenagers suffering from acne)) anyway it took a while to figure out that was what it was, then a while to realize penicillin-based antibiotics don't work on me and I need sulfur based ones. So... if its not better by tomorrow, I'll call and get some antibiotics. Thanks for asking!

MRSA is not something to mess around with, go to the Dr. I let an infection go just a few days (like 3 or 4) a few years ago and ended up having to have surgery where they cut out a huge chunk of my skin and it had to grow back from within which meant an open wound requiring daily trips to the wound care facility for almost 2 months.

I had it a few times so I know what to look for. Had them drained, etc. It's looking better today so I think it's just irritated from overuse.

@pofoster21 Thanks for the running advice! Going slow is sometimes hard for me because I just want to push it. (I played basketball and softball when I was younger, so am more of a sprint for short distances kind of athlete.) But I sure don't want an injury or to get discouraged from running, so I'm taking it slow. We are doing the couch-to-5K training program w/ the zombies, so it's pretty gentle. Mostly walking at first, then adding in some slow running for intervals, then back to walking again. I enjoyed it yesterday and was pleased Mr. Jenni also had fun with it. Back in the day, he really wanted to try a half marathon. He was running regularly and I think his longest run was a bit over 11 miles long. I had decided I hated running by then, so this was something he was doing on his own. We both strayed from the fitness path in the intervening 7 or 8 years, though, so we are starting at square one as for running. But I know if he gets back into it and feeling good again, he'll be shooting for a 1/2 marathon before we know it!

I'm hoping your stitches heal up without any sort of infection, especially not MRSA. That is not a fun thing to deal with! I'm glad they are looking a bit better today, though. How long are the stitches in? You've been doing such a good job of following the doc's advice re: exercise/running. It must be so hard! I hope the time flies by and that you get back to your normal routine ASAP!!

Thank you! I did call the Dr's just in case (since my friend from the barn was giving me crap about it) but they seemed unconcerned.

The 'gentle' training plan sounds perfect. Don't get impatient and burn yourself out! BTW, the Country Music Marathon has both a Full and a Half! Just saying...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    Okay so for anyone who hasn't read my earlier posts, I haven't had a period in almost a year (September last year was my last one) and I have had a severe loss of appetite and literally never get hungry. I lost 80 pounds and reached my goal weight in January. But since then, it's been hard to increase my calorie intake (especially carbs) because I'm afraid of gaining all the weight back. I know I lost my menstrual cycle because I exercised a lot and didn't compensate with enough calories, but I slowed down on the exercise in November while keeping my calories the same with hopes that my period would return (obviously didn't).
    Anyway, for the past month I've been eating under 300 calories a day and I actually have to force myself to eat even that little. Yes, I know it's not healthy to be eating under 300 calories, but at least it's SOMETHING and not anything at all (even though I could easily go without eating for 1-2 days and still not get hungry). I went to my OB at the end of May and she tested my thyroid, sex hormones, etc. and everything came back normal except for my LH level, which was really low.
    I still didn't have an answer on what to do to get my period back, so I went to my family doctor last Monday and she took another blood sample to test my insulin, DHEA, estrogen, progesterone, and thyroid levels and ordered a pelvic ultrasound. The pelvis US showed a benign (thank God) subserosal uterine fibroid which she said is nothing to worry about. **UPDATE** I just got my blood test results for the hormones and they were all normal (thank God). I'm honestly shocked that my thyroid is normal. I have to go back on September 25 for a follow-up, but I asked her what I can do between now and then that could get me to start having a regular menstrual cycle again. She said to cut down my water intake (I drink 5 L a day) and increase my calorie intake to a healthy level again to around 1,500-1,800 a day. I feel like that's going to be hard because I don't eat fast food or drink Starbucks (which I did multiple times daily my entire life up until I graduated college in May of last year). I also only eat foods that are in the perimeter of the grocery store (so obviously no processed foods).

Milk and cottage cheese (full fat) are on the perimeter. Buy a protein shake mix - EAS Complete Nutrition is good and at Target - and drink that in your milk. Eat the cottage cheese with fruits and veggies. I have been where you are. I know you don't want to, but do it anyway. 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and one shake a day for a week or so and then two of each. As your appetite comes back, you can sub in chicken or whatever meat you like for a shake. Good luck. It is hard work.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I see ads on the Android app but they're pretty harmless. I get a lot of ads for Krogers.

Happy birthday, @kecmw25 ! Hope you enjoy the Chick Fil A. :wink: