Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Confession: Here is my ridiculous confession for today. I was craving something sweet, (pie) and went (via stairs) to 4 different vending machines in the building, until I found it! the glorious Mrs. Bairds Apple Pie! I inserted my dollar, punched the letter/number combo for the pie, and voila!! the machine gives me a roll of pep o mint life savers. (I hit the wrong letter) It was my last one dollar bill!!! It was like my subconscious was keeping me from having that 400 calorie pie. I am not even a fan of the pep o mint life savers!

When my head started hurting during court today, I would have paid you a dollar for one Pep-o-mint life saver. I don't know why, but peppermint stops my headaches almost immediately.

THIS! I keep super minty gum on me all the time for that very reason. It's an instant-stop until the aspirin can kick in.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    As a person who has suffered from various forms of disordered eating I am terrified of trying to lose the weight again. I know I need to for health reasons but I am literally terrified I am going to take it to the extreme and get obsessed and end up in a very bad mental state. :(
    Welcome and hugs. Is there a way to work with a counselor as you do it?
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I love both seasons of TD. Vince Vaughn was the weakest part of season 2 but I even liked how his character's arch ended.

I'm really just watching Narcos (...well, trying to stay still long enough to watch it on the desktop) and Fear the Walking Dead atm
    I WAS watching Hannibal, but that ended prematurely last week. It did have a perfect ending.

Glad to hear the bat was negative @ShibaEars !
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    Someone sent me a pretty nasty message earlier. In return, I ate 5 pieces of bacon (was going to be a pound but it burnt me and fell on the floor, and as mopey as I was, I won't eat floor bacon), grape juice (I've been drinking water only for quite a while, with the exception of an occasional glass of OJ) a big bowl of cereal (I didn't measure, but I guestimate it was 3 cups), and chicken tenders pan fried with mozzarella cheese. My normal 1000 - 1200 calories is pretty well shot. I tried to exercise to make up for it, but I just didn't want to. I'd rather go play a video game and sleep.
    Why do people do this? I hope today turns out better!

I wanted to like Hannibal SO BAD, I watched the entire first season and just was not loving it.....

I have Fear of the Walking Dead recorded but have not started it yet.....

i LOVED Hannibal! it totally crushed me when they announced it was cancelled. the finale was last week and i'm still bereft.

fear the walking dead is holding its own. it's only two episodes in, but i really like it thus far.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Not sure how active people are in here during my daytime(UK) but after quick advice.
    I'm having one of my periods of not sleeping- basically just because my body refuses to.(I've had about 8 hours over 3 days) I managed to do a (poor) weights workout yesterday but am wondering whether I'm just being a wimp by reconsidering working out today also or if I should just give my body a rest?
    I'm currently feeling very on edge. I'm seriously about 1 snarky comment away from punching someone in work. I was already stressed as a member of senior management is currently undermining all my decisions for what I can only assume is his own personal amusement considering there is no actual business justification for it - but everything seems to be pushing me closer to breaking point today! Not sure if working out would help the stress or kill me..

And on a completely different note from a few pages back -books, not read Stephen King for years after Insomnia (as in the book not my condition!) put me off, any recommendations anyone?

I think I would claim a mental health day and not go to work!! Sounds like you need some down time. As for the books, keep reading King. They get better.

Thanks. I may go home soon considering I have just sent an email meant for my boss to my boyfriend by accident. On the plus side....at least it wasn't the other way round!!!

I once got a pretty risque email about some weekend plans at work from a coworker whose wife's first name and first two letters of last name were the same as mine, he did not even notice it populated my email address instead of hers. He was very embarrassed. I just replied with something like - Can I bring my husband?
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've never weighed a single piece of food. I rarely measure either...I just try to over "guesstimate". The MFP Police would HATE me ;)
  • bkhamill
    Options
    Confession: Here is my ridiculous confession for today. I was craving something sweet, (pie) and went (via stairs) to 4 different vending machines in the building, until I found it! the glorious Mrs. Bairds Apple Pie! I inserted my dollar, punched the letter/number combo for the pie, and voila!! the machine gives me a roll of pep o mint life savers. (I hit the wrong letter) It was my last one dollar bill!!! It was like my subconscious was keeping me from having that 400 calorie pie. I am not even a fan of the pep o mint life savers!

When my head started hurting during court today, I would have paid you a dollar for one Pep-o-mint life saver. I don't know why, but peppermint stops my headaches almost immediately.

THIS! I keep super minty gum on me all the time for that very reason. It's an instant-stop until the aspirin can kick in.

Testing this out, I have a headache right now, and I am opening the unwanted pep-o-mints now.
  • bkhamill
    Options
    I've never weighed a single piece of food. I rarely measure either...I just try to over "guesstimate". The MFP Police would HATE me ;)

In the beginning I weighed or measured everything, then started to get a feel for how much it was, and stopped, maybe that is part of the issue with my stall in weight loss - well, that, and peanut butter.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I eat food that is past the use by or best before date if it still looks/tastes ok. I'll chop mouldy parts of cheese, and vegetables and use the unspoiled parts. I've consumed milk that was nearly a month out of date because it still tasted ok and only bin food if it's well beyond edible.

i totally do this.
    part of my food hoarding/super couponing issue.
    unless i'm drinking it straight, there's no way i could use 12 bottles of bbq sauce by the best before date!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    God you people are chatty! I can't keep up it's stressing me out!

1. I hope they put Fear the Walking Dead on Netflix like they did Walking Dead.
    2. Today hates me :(
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Not sure how active people are in here during my daytime(UK) but after quick advice.
    I'm having one of my periods of not sleeping- basically just because my body refuses to.(I've had about 8 hours over 3 days) I managed to do a (poor) weights workout yesterday but am wondering whether I'm just being a wimp by reconsidering working out today also or if I should just give my body a rest?
    I'm currently feeling very on edge. I'm seriously about 1 snarky comment away from punching someone in work. I was already stressed as a member of senior management is currently undermining all my decisions for what I can only assume is his own personal amusement considering there is no actual business justification for it - but everything seems to be pushing me closer to breaking point today! Not sure if working out would help the stress or kill me..

And on a completely different note from a few pages back -books, not read Stephen King for years after Insomnia (as in the book not my condition!) put me off, any recommendations anyone?

I think I would claim a mental health day and not go to work!! Sounds like you need some down time. As for the books, keep reading King. They get better.

Thanks. I may go home soon considering I have just sent an email meant for my boss to my boyfriend by accident. On the plus side....at least it wasn't the other way round!!!

I once got a pretty risque email about some weekend plans at work from a coworker whose wife's first name and first two letters of last name were the same as mine, he did not even notice it populated my email address instead of hers. He was very embarrassed. I just replied with something like - Can I bring my husband?

I love that response. And from prior allusions wonder what would have happened if he'd said ok...
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options

In the beginning I weighed or measured everything, then started to get a feel for how much it was, and stopped, maybe that is part of the issue with my stall in weight loss - well, that, and peanut butter.

I also don't log exercise calories, so maybe somehow it evens out? Haha idk.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I did the same thing!! Except instead of water I put dish soap in it. I didn't think drowning it in water would be enough to keep from digging it out of the trash can...

@MoHousdon, have you gotten BINGO yet?

I still love when this one shows up. It's my absolute favorite.

I am surprised no one has quoted the cocoa powder confession for awhile.
    True. I've seen quite a few about not washing sweaty workout clothes lately.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Well, you all were busy over the weekend and just now I am getting a chance to really catch up. @ShibaEars so glad the bat was negative. Huge relief for you!! I don't really get migraines, but I have seen my sister go through them and can sympathize with those of you that do get them. I have been trying to figure out what I want to watch next, but I have been walking more and losing interest in TV and movies pretty much. Give me a good book.

Lee Ann! What are you reading now? I'm a book lover, ever in search of the next great story. :-)

Hope I don't let anyone down, but I love Stephen King. Some of his more recent books I have enjoyed alot. Dr. Sleep is a sequel to The Shining. It was a good one. Then he has tied story lines across a couple of new books with Mr Mercedes and Finders Keepers. I finally got to read 11/22/63. It was an interesting spin on time travel and how changing things can possibly affect the future. Also, a guilty pleasure of mine, I like young adult ficiton and have been reading the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I am going to write down some of the books you guys are reading. Most of it for me is pure escape.

Love Stephen King. Love. He is a master at character development, even though a lot of his endings suck. LOL I adore his short stories for the most part, and he's got a new collection coming out in November! *squee*

That I may have to read, his short stuff is amazing!!

Anyone love Rose Madder? That was one of my favorites by him. It is not a short, but really good.

The Bachman Books were some of my favorites. The Long Walk is a favorite.

YES! Mine, too! I have never forgotten that story.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I love both seasons of TD. Vince Vaughn was the weakest part of season 2 but I even liked how his character's arch ended.

I'm really just watching Narcos (...well, trying to stay still long enough to watch it on the desktop) and Fear the Walking Dead atm
    I WAS watching Hannibal, but that ended prematurely last week. It did have a perfect ending.

Someone sent me a pretty nasty message earlier. In return, I ate 5 pieces of bacon (was going to be a pound but it burnt me and fell on the floor, and as mopey as I was, I won't eat floor bacon), grape juice (I've been drinking water only for quite a while, with the exception of an occasional glass of OJ) a big bowl of cereal (I didn't measure, but I guestimate it was 3 cups), and chicken tenders pan fried with mozzarella cheese. My normal 1000 - 1200 calories is pretty well shot. I tried to exercise to make up for it, but I just didn't want to. I'd rather go play a video game and sleep.

I wanted to like Hannibal SO BAD, I watched the entire first season and just was not loving it.....

i LOVED Hannibal! it totally crushed me when they announced it was cancelled. the finale was last week and i'm still bereft.

fear the walking dead is holding its own. it's only two episodes in, but i really like it thus far.

WOAH HOLD ON A SECOND!!! ALREADY?!?! Welp I know what I will be doing during the long weekend...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I know of a couple of people that don't weigh. Most would think you're doing just fine. Weighing foods is mostly suggested to people that are bad at guesstimating their portions and are wondering why they can't lose.

And yeah, Hannibal ended last weekend. The show ended perfectly for me, but I'm still pretty upset with how NBC treated it after the official cancellation. They moved the series to Saturday nights and didn't even air a preview for the series finale!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Is it? I love the Walking Dead & was really excited about the new show but I found the first episode incredibly boring & didn't think it needed to be 90 minutes. I didn't bother watching week 2, but maybe I should watch a couple more episodes before giving up on it completely.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I rarely weigh or measure my food.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Was the message from someone in MFP?

Yeah, it was. I'm over it now, just took some time. The message was basically just saying that I am a "wanna be med student" and a bunch of other stupid crap. It was really rude and hurtful, but I realized that the user knows nothing about me as a person, and likewise I know nothing about them. For all I know, they could have just been having a horribly crappy day. And for anyone who is curious, after soaking in the tub, lady bits felt much better. I will be more cautious in regards to washing my hands after I touch any spicy foods.

I know it's not easy but my advice is to ignore those people. Stupid people used to get to me until I realised how empty their lives must be that they can spare the time to write you a message to insult you. Imagine how sad they are that they sit at their computer all day conjuring up insults for people. Personally I'd rather be out doing positive things than searching for misery. Almost makes you feel sorry for them- if they weren't such 'no marks' (not sure if that's a scouse term or generally known but I think you'll all get the point).

Despite that we are all allowed to feel sorry for ourselves and binge occasionally. As long as we realise why we are doing it it's progress in my opinion.

On the other issue, suffice it to say I have done similar and feel your pain....

All of this. The people that have nothing better to do than troll on websites are pathetic, in my opinion. They need to go find something useful to do with themselves and stop messing with people who are here legitimately trying to help others and better themselves.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I rarely weigh or measure my food.

I did measure, until my scale's battery died. I haven't replaced it yet so I'm back to guessing. I do much better when I weigh things though.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Is it? I love the Walking Dead & was really excited about the new show but I found the first episode incredibly boring & didn't think it needed to be 90 minutes. I didn't bother watching week 2, but maybe I should watch a couple more episodes before giving up on it completely.

I can promise you it will pick up. Right now is character development. I keep waiting for more, but I guess I expect more since I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead and am way too excited for Season 6.