Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I eat food that is past the use by or best before date if it still looks/tastes ok. I'll chop mouldy parts of cheese, and vegetables and use the unspoiled parts. I've consumed milk that was nearly a month out of date because it still tasted ok and only bin food if it's well beyond edible.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    This morning I was tired and struggling to get going and I forgot to pick up the sandwich my boyfriend made me that was right in front of me. He handed it to me and told me I was ungrateful. I said I'm not, just not very with it. He told me that if I go to the toilet to make sure I remember to take my (under)pants down if that's what my brain is like. Sorry @spamarie ;)
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    clh72569 wrote: »
    I peeled the crayon wrappers off my color blind brothers crayons, so he could not read the colors. Then I would get all the crayons.

As a fellow colour blind kid, that's cruel!

It's incredibly rare in women, if I remember my high school biology genetics section correctly. I believe it requires the gene from both parents.

Yes it does. It makes me 1 in 200. My mother carried it (grandfather colour blind) and my dad is colourblind. My colour blindness is so severe that I was rejected from the Navy.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I peeled the crayon wrappers off my color blind brothers crayons, so he could not read the colors. Then I would get all the crayons.

As a fellow colour blind kid, that's cruel!

It's incredibly rare in women, if I remember my high school biology genetics section correctly. I believe it requires the gene from both parents.

I actually didn't think women could be color blind.

Sadly we can
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm only on page 61 out of 1559... Maybe I'll catch up by the end of the year :neutral:

Good luck with that!
  • spamarie
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Well, you all were busy over the weekend and just now I am getting a chance to really catch up. @ShibaEars so glad the bat was negative. Huge relief for you!! I don't really get migraines, but I have seen my sister go through them and can sympathize with those of you that do get them. I have been trying to figure out what I want to watch next, but I have been walking more and losing interest in TV and movies pretty much. Give me a good book.

Lee Ann! What are you reading now? I'm a book lover, ever in search of the next great story. :-)

What types of books do you enjoy?

I like fiction, mostly fantasy (magic makes me happy), literature, and detective type novels. But I really will read most anything. My favorite series is by Patrick Rothfuss and is called the Kingkiller Chronicles. It's meant to be a trilogy, but book 3 hasn't yet been written. The first book in the series is called The Name of the Wind. It's got interesting characters, magic, coming-of-age story, mystery, and a school of magic.

I loved Harry Potter. I like young adult fiction, too, and have been reading lots of that over the last year or 2. I love Louise Penny (Canadian author who writes a very, very good detective series featuring Chief Inspector Gamache. Beautifully written, compelling, complex characters, interesting plots). I love Jim Butcher (author of the Dresden Files - professional wizard/detective).

I read All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr earlier this year and will never forget the story or characters. It is amazing, heart-wrenching, beautiful.

What do you like to read? Do we have overlapping tastes?
    If you like magic/fantasy, I highly recommend the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. Also, The Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan and the Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage. Some of my most favorite books EVER. The Black Magician is a darker one, meant for older readers, but still kid-friendly in the language/graphic descriptions (basically the only kind of book I'll read).

I love the names of fantasy characters, but this one reminds me of a relative of mine. My great, great grandfather was called Septimus, the reason being he was the 7th son. How cool is that? There's even a photo of him on ancestry.com because he started a business that's still going today. He looks like a proper boss. Septimus is an impressive name to live up to and I think he did.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Well, you all were busy over the weekend and just now I am getting a chance to really catch up. @ShibaEars so glad the bat was negative. Huge relief for you!! I don't really get migraines, but I have seen my sister go through them and can sympathize with those of you that do get them. I have been trying to figure out what I want to watch next, but I have been walking more and losing interest in TV and movies pretty much. Give me a good book.

Lee Ann! What are you reading now? I'm a book lover, ever in search of the next great story. :-)

What types of books do you enjoy?

I like fiction, mostly fantasy (magic makes me happy), literature, and detective type novels. But I really will read most anything. My favorite series is by Patrick Rothfuss and is called the Kingkiller Chronicles. It's meant to be a trilogy, but book 3 hasn't yet been written. The first book in the series is called The Name of the Wind. It's got interesting characters, magic, coming-of-age story, mystery, and a school of magic.

I loved Harry Potter. I like young adult fiction, too, and have been reading lots of that over the last year or 2. I love Louise Penny (Canadian author who writes a very, very good detective series featuring Chief Inspector Gamache. Beautifully written, compelling, complex characters, interesting plots). I love Jim Butcher (author of the Dresden Files - professional wizard/detective).

I read All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr earlier this year and will never forget the story or characters. It is amazing, heart-wrenching, beautiful.

What do you like to read? Do we have overlapping tastes?
    If you like magic/fantasy, I highly recommend the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. Also, The Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan and the Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage. Some of my most favorite books EVER. The Black Magician is a darker one, meant for older readers, but still kid-friendly in the language/graphic descriptions (basically the only kind of book I'll read).

I love the names of fantasy characters, but this one reminds me of a relative of mine. My great, great grandfather was called Septimus, the reason being he was the 7th son. How cool is that? There's even a photo of him on ancestry.com because he started a business that's still going today. He looks like a proper boss. Septimus is an impressive name to live up to and I think he did.

Septimus Heap is the seventh son of a seventh son. ;)
  • spamarie
    Options

I'm a mean big sister too. My younger brother had a thing whereby he wouldn't eat broken biscuits (cookies). So if he had annoyed me somehow that day, I would get to the biscuit tin a minute before him and snap every single biscuit cleanly in half. Even if you found the two matching halves, he refused to eat them. No biscuits for him.

He deserved it, he used to eat the ends of my felt tip pens so they wouldn't draw. He'd have green or purple all over his face and deny he'd touched them. I regret nothing.
  • spamarie
    Options
    This morning I was tired and struggling to get going and I forgot to pick up the sandwich my boyfriend made me that was right in front of me. He handed it to me and told me I was ungrateful. I said I'm not, just not very with it. He told me that if I go to the toilet to make sure I remember to take my (under)pants down if that's what my brain is like. Sorry @spamarie ;)

Haha I'm glad I inspire you.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Miss you guys! I'm skimming to see what's going on, but am so busy at work. Have a big, big, big case that is getting ready to break wide open. If it makes the news, I'll try to post the link. Hugs to everyone that needs them, and "good jobs" to those who are rocking it!

We miss you too!! Excited to hear about this case, woo hoo!!

This does sound exciting!

I agree! I'm excited to hear!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am really tempted to book my flight to Nashville, as a training incentive. But i'm worried about booking a flight and not a hotel. and I don't know how long to go for.

That would do need to figure out. I do that all the time, book things as an incentive. And then don't train. ;) it doesn't always work. Are there any half marathons locally in Dec you can start training for as a shorter term objective? Or even a 10k in like Oct or nov?

Its going to cost me nearly £1000 in flights and hotel (about $1500) for a week. It better be a beeping incentive!

there is windsor half marathon on 27th September, but I'll have been back from holiday for 2 days, so i think that will be beyond me.

there is a 5/10/15/20km walk/run/jog at Eton Dorney on 23rd January.

Definitely don't do the 1/2 in Sept its too soon. Look to the Eton Dorney that sounds more reasonable.

So, I think a week will be good.
    • Get there Thur, Race Expo Friday
    • Race Saturday/nap or hotel (house) pool (NOTE if we rent a house or get a hotel we need a HOT TUB), then dinner on Broadway
    • Sunday recovery/Zoo (believe it or not it will be good to move)?
    • Monday Plantation/tours
    • Tuesday Broadway/Nashville (will be doing a bit of that probably Friday too but we don't want to walk too much) or if we have had enough of Broadway/Nashville more tours?
    • Wed either one more day relax/day trip or leave?

I plan on driving down so will probably drive down a day early or same day depending on when you are getting in when you book your flights. So I need a travel day each way too for driving.

You MUST try to get to the Grand Old Opry if you can move at all on Saturday night. If you can't, you must see the Ryman Auditorium during your visit. Since imam not racing, I'm probably going to try to drive down Friday and home on Sunday. Nashville is just 4.5 hours from my house.

I am NOT missing the Opry! You can crash with us!

I'd be happy to crash with you. Fun times ahead!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Thanks all for your kind words. It's frustrating because even if I KNOW I'm not the cause of someone's anger, I am not fully able to convince myself. Just like with any anxiety I suppose :tongue:
    Anyone watch Wayward Pines? I am just watching the first episode now.....
    I just finished watching it with my boyfriend and we both agreed that it was a huge letdown. I especially hated the ending. You might think otherwise, though. Right now I'm watching True Detective and it is brilliantly acted!

@ShibaEars I'm happy to hear about the rabie-less bat! @raelynnsmama52512 Good news on all fronts! Even if your baby growing up is bittersweet... but she'll always be your baby deep down :blush:

The 1st season, right? Let me know when you're finished watching it. The acting was amazing!

ETA: Yay about the no-rabies news. You must be so relieved!
    Yes! I admit I have never been a big fan of Matthew Mcconaughey, mostly because I always want to yell at him to CLOSE HIS MOUTH (I ruined him for my mom and boyfriend after making them notice this)... but he is an amazing actor and is definitely growing on me. I love him in True Detective so far.

Oh. My. God. This is it. This is why I hate him! Thank you. LOL
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Jury duty is interesting, but I if I ever see the prosecutor outside court, I am going to tell her to learn muzzle discipline. She waved a shotgun in my face 3 times today. And, truthfully, the shotgun had nothing much to do with the alleged crime. It just happened to be in the defendant's truck at the time.

If it works kind of like it does here in Houston, after the case is over, you will have the opportunity to speak with both attorneys. Let her know about it then.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    I love both seasons of TD. Vince Vaughn was the weakest part of season 2 but I even liked how his character's arch ended.

I'm really just watching Narcos (...well, trying to stay still long enough to watch it on the desktop) and Fear the Walking Dead atm
    I WAS watching Hannibal, but that ended prematurely last week. It did have a perfect ending.

Glad to hear the bat was negative @ShibaEars !
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    Someone sent me a pretty nasty message earlier. In return, I ate 5 pieces of bacon (was going to be a pound but it burnt me and fell on the floor, and as mopey as I was, I won't eat floor bacon), grape juice (I've been drinking water only for quite a while, with the exception of an occasional glass of OJ) a big bowl of cereal (I didn't measure, but I guestimate it was 3 cups), and chicken tenders pan fried with mozzarella cheese. My normal 1000 - 1200 calories is pretty well shot. I tried to exercise to make up for it, but I just didn't want to. I'd rather go play a video game and sleep.
    Why do people do this? I hope today turns out better!

I wanted to like Hannibal SO BAD, I watched the entire first season and just was not loving it.....

I have Fear of the Walking Dead recorded but have not started it yet.....

It is a slow starter, no spoilers for you!!
  • crosbylee
    Options

Hope I don't let anyone down, but I love Stephen King. Some of his more recent books I have enjoyed alot. Dr. Sleep is a sequel to The Shining. It was a good one. Then he has tied story lines across a couple of new books with Mr Mercedes and Finders Keepers. I finally got to read 11/22/63. It was an interesting spin on time travel and how changing things can possibly affect the future. Also, a guilty pleasure of mine, I like young adult ficiton and have been reading the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I am going to write down some of the books you guys are reading. Most of it for me is pure escape.

why would you say that? He is brilliant!! I remember when Green Mile first came out in six parts, my friend and I used to cross the border every week to get the newest part because it came out like two days earlier than here!!

I will admit I have not read anything new of his in a long time, my taste is pretty much exclusively non-fiction now.

I guess it's my fear of folks not liking some of the stuff I do! Earlier in the threads it sounded like some of you do some pretty heavy reading!
  • crosbylee
    Options

Hope I don't let anyone down, but I love Stephen King. Some of his more recent books I have enjoyed alot. Dr. Sleep is a sequel to The Shining. It was a good one. Then he has tied story lines across a couple of new books with Mr Mercedes and Finders Keepers. I finally got to read 11/22/63. It was an interesting spin on time travel and how changing things can possibly affect the future. Also, a guilty pleasure of mine, I like young adult ficiton and have been reading the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I am going to write down some of the books you guys are reading. Most of it for me is pure escape.

Love Stephen King. Love. He is a master at character development, even though a lot of his endings suck. LOL I adore his short stories for the most part, and he's got a new collection coming out in November! *squee*

That I may have to read, his short stuff is amazing!!

Anyone love Rose Madder? That was one of my favorites by him. It is not a short, but really good.

The Bachman Books were some of my favorites. The Long Walk is a favorite.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    When I was younger my mom use to put me in charge of the task of feeding the cats and a few times I actually ate some of the cat food (wet). Looking back I have no clue WHY i would do that. However, if I remember correctly it wasn't that bad tasting hahahha.

Haha! I split 2 cans of food between my 5 cats every day. I get freaked out if I even get any on my hands. LOL
    I'm such a wimp about dirty hands. I hate getting dirty.

Me too, on all of the above! I do not like it getting anywhere and hate having dirty hands at all!

Ugh & if any gets on your hand it smells so rancid!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    Really embarrassing...
    Last night, my husband asked me to cut up some of his spicy pickles. I cut them up, brought them in to him, then went to the bathroom without washing my hands first. Wiping burnt so badly that I sat in the bathtub for 20 minutes just trying to soak my areas and get all the pickle juice off. I now feel as though I can identify better with those who have suffered from chlamydia.

Hahahaha!

Ouch! That's definitely a lesson you will never ever, ever, ever forget.

I hope you're feeling better today @ejb060793
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Not sure how active people are in here during my daytime(UK) but after quick advice.
    I'm having one of my periods of not sleeping- basically just because my body refuses to.(I've had about 8 hours over 3 days) I managed to do a (poor) weights workout yesterday but am wondering whether I'm just being a wimp by reconsidering working out today also or if I should just give my body a rest?
    I'm currently feeling very on edge. I'm seriously about 1 snarky comment away from punching someone in work. I was already stressed as a member of senior management is currently undermining all my decisions for what I can only assume is his own personal amusement considering there is no actual business justification for it - but everything seems to be pushing me closer to breaking point today! Not sure if working out would help the stress or kill me..

And on a completely different note from a few pages back -books, not read Stephen King for years after Insomnia (as in the book not my condition!) put me off, any recommendations anyone?
  • crosbylee
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Not sure how active people are in here during my daytime(UK) but after quick advice.
    I'm having one of my periods of not sleeping- basically just because my body refuses to.(I've had about 8 hours over 3 days) I managed to do a (poor) weights workout yesterday but am wondering whether I'm just being a wimp by reconsidering working out today also or if I should just give my body a rest?
    I'm currently feeling very on edge. I'm seriously about 1 snarky comment away from punching someone in work. I was already stressed as a member of senior management is currently undermining all my decisions for what I can only assume is his own personal amusement considering there is no actual business justification for it - but everything seems to be pushing me closer to breaking point today! Not sure if working out would help the stress or kill me..

And on a completely different note from a few pages back -books, not read Stephen King for years after Insomnia (as in the book not my condition!) put me off, any recommendations anyone?

I think I would claim a mental health day and not go to work!! Sounds like you need some down time. As for the books, keep reading King. They get better.