Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I find I am hungry a lot lately, I am wondering if I am allowing enough calories. I am set at 1400 + I usually eat most (80%) of my exercise calories. I am 175 lbs 5'6 and want to lose 25 more lbs (been stuck here for a few months) Do you think I am eating enough calories? Why am I hungry all the time?

Maybe it's the kind of calories you are eating? Not enough density? Too many carbs?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I'm only on page 61 out of 1559... Maybe I'll catch up by the end of the year :neutral:
    I wouldn't bother and would just jump straight into things :wink:

Yes we have changed focus a bit in 1560 pages. Juicy/funny confessions still welcome though!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    Really embarrassing...
    Last night, my husband asked me to cut up some of his spicy pickles. I cut them up, brought them in to him, then went to the bathroom without washing my hands first. Wiping burnt so badly that I sat in the bathtub for 20 minutes just trying to soak my areas and get all the pickle juice off. I now feel as though I can identify better with those who have suffered from chlamydia.

I can't even imagine this. I did do something similar with BenGay once. It wasn't fun.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Miss you guys! I'm skimming to see what's going on, but am so busy at work. Have a big, big, big case that is getting ready to break wide open. If it makes the news, I'll try to post the link. Hugs to everyone that needs them, and "good jobs" to those who are rocking it!

We miss you too!! Excited to hear about this case, woo hoo!!

This does sound exciting!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I did the same thing!! Except instead of water I put dish soap in it. I didn't think drowning it in water would be enough to keep from digging it out of the trash can...

@MoHousdon, have you gotten BINGO yet?

I still love when this one shows up. It's my absolute favorite.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    Someone sent me a pretty nasty message earlier. In return, I ate 5 pieces of bacon (was going to be a pound but it burnt me and fell on the floor, and as mopey as I was, I won't eat floor bacon), grape juice (I've been drinking water only for quite a while, with the exception of an occasional glass of OJ) a big bowl of cereal (I didn't measure, but I guestimate it was 3 cups), and chicken tenders pan fried with mozzarella cheese. My normal 1000 - 1200 calories is pretty well shot. I tried to exercise to make up for it, but I just didn't want to. I'd rather go play a video game and sleep.

Was the message from someone in MFP?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Thanks y'all! ❤️
    He's doing much better today, the doctor ordered him to not go to work and rest, which he did. He's going back tomorrow, but he says he's feeling better and not hurting now. I'm still going to make him follow up, since my manager at work today told me she had the same issues last year and it turned out to be a really bad ulcer that was causing her problems.

I'm having a moment of reminiscing tonight, because as of tomorrow morning, I'll officially have a child in 3K. She's beyond excited, I'm wondering where in the heck the time and my baby girl went! :cry:

Glad in the hubby is doing better. So cute on Raelynn!
  • Oberon21
    edited September 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Soooo... Today was a fail. I've been horribly depressed and spent most of the day ugly-crying in my bed, almost hysterically at one point so that I couldn't breathe at all and started wheezing like I was dying. Good times. And then Mr. Susie and I went to Tamimi and bought baking ingredients and made cookies AND brownies. Yay me?

Oh, and the best part? I have NO idea why I was crying. At all. I just woke up completely depressed with no known reason.

I had a feeling things weren't too good today.... you were very quiet. Sorry. Hugs to you and I hope the blues pass soon. I think you need to have some cookies every day. I think you get sad when you don't. You are like the female cookie monster...just not shaggy, hairy and blue (color wise not emotional wise). I hope when you eat cookies you also don't spray crumbs everywhere. <3

My nephew did that last week with cookies. He's four & thought it would be a good idea to take three to four cookies & when his older sister asked if he was The Cookie Monster he took them all & crumbled them all over the table. The little stinker thought after doing that he wouldn't have to eat them & I said oh no you're going to put them in a bowl & eat them.

That is priceless!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

I'm soooo relieved that I'm not the only person who does this. I usually just hang my tops, pants, and sports bras by my window and let them air out between workouts during the week. I only wash them at the end of the week.

Did we pop back up in the general thread? I am always surprised when we get these old confessions all at once....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Yesterday I was trying to buy a pass for the metro (subway) and the machine wasn't working, so I told the guy at the booth and he snapped at me and told me that I had messed up and to try it again. I thanked him and he sighed in this irritated way. I don't know why I allow that stuff to bring me down so much. It's such a small, insignificant thing coming from someone I don't know, but it still put me in a zombified, self-loathing state of mind for the next couple of hours.... especially because he was right, I did mess it up.

Similarily, if I buy something and the cashier seems irritated, I end up getting really sad and thinking it's all my fault even though I KNOW it's probably just work (and probably rude customers) making her upset.

I hate confrontation. I get how you feel, completely. But, it really doesn't have anything to do with you. It's on him!

Agree with this and you need to stop taking this kind of stuff to heart. You will always be sad if nasty people get to you. There are a lot of nasty people in the world. :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I just got a phone call regarding the bat and it is negative for rabies! I wasn't consciously thinking about it much over the last few days, but I was very relieved to hear the good news! :grin:

Wanted to personally add my yay! to this!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Confession: I don't know what is wrong with me but today has been a bad food day. I already ate all 10 twinkies from the box I bought this morning.

I was at my lowest weight before vacation and now I just can't seem to get back to being good with food...

Tomorrow hopefully.

I am seriously impressed with the 10 Twinkies. I probably shouldn't admit that in here.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am watching Last Comic Standing and am pretty irritated with who is advancing (well, more so who is not)......ugh
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I am really tempted to book my flight to Nashville, as a training incentive. But i'm worried about booking a flight and not a hotel. and I don't know how long to go for.

That would do need to figure out. I do that all the time, book things as an incentive. And then don't train. ;) it doesn't always work. Are there any half marathons locally in Dec you can start training for as a shorter term objective? Or even a 10k in like Oct or nov?

Its going to cost me nearly £1000 in flights and hotel (about $1500) for a week. It better be a beeping incentive!

there is windsor half marathon on 27th September, but I'll have been back from holiday for 2 days, so i think that will be beyond me.

there is a 5/10/15/20km walk/run/jog at Eton Dorney on 23rd January.

Definitely don't do the 1/2 in Sept its too soon. Look to the Eton Dorney that sounds more reasonable.

So, I think a week will be good.
    • Get there Thur, Race Expo Friday
    • Race Saturday/nap or hotel (house) pool (NOTE if we rent a house or get a hotel we need a HOT TUB), then dinner on Broadway
    • Sunday recovery/Zoo (believe it or not it will be good to move)?
    • Monday Plantation/tours
    • Tuesday Broadway/Nashville (will be doing a bit of that probably Friday too but we don't want to walk too much) or if we have had enough of Broadway/Nashville more tours?
    • Wed either one more day relax/day trip or leave?

I plan on driving down so will probably drive down a day early or same day depending on when you are getting in when you book your flights. So I need a travel day each way too for driving.

sounds good to me. I can get a flight that gets in to Nashville about 4pm local time on the Thursday, and one out the following Wednesday that departs at 5.15pm, letting me sleep overnight.

A hot tub is a great idea. I was looking at cheapo motels, but if we can find a house to rent that would be awesome.

Well we have to stay in the same place. I think we'll look to rent a house or condo. I do think there will be at least 4 of us minimum. If it's just the two of us we'll get a hotel. Nothing too crappy. And a hot tub is a must.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Had my first unsolicited bump/size comment today from a co-worker I hardly know! It went along the lines of:

- When are you due?
    - Early January.
    - You're big for that early on. My wife didn't show until she was 6 months gone.
    - Brave of you to comment on a woman's size.
    - ...awkward silence...
    -
    I don't mind a comment when I post a bump photo in the batcave, I'm rather inviting them. But coming unsolicted from acquaintances I hardly know, um no thanks. If you wouldn't say it to a non-pregnant woman, why would you think it's okay now. I'm not upset as I know he wasn't trying to be rude. I just think it's a crappy double standard.

When is it ever OK to tell anybody that they're awfully big? I mean, really.

Yup. This.
    And just for the record..I saw your picture in the Batcave and think you look great! :) (which I already commented on..but I'll say it again).

I am in total agreement with this!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I am really tempted to book my flight to Nashville, as a training incentive. But i'm worried about booking a flight and not a hotel. and I don't know how long to go for.

That would do need to figure out. I do that all the time, book things as an incentive. And then don't train. ;) it doesn't always work. Are there any half marathons locally in Dec you can start training for as a shorter term objective? Or even a 10k in like Oct or nov?

Its going to cost me nearly £1000 in flights and hotel (about $1500) for a week. It better be a beeping incentive!

there is windsor half marathon on 27th September, but I'll have been back from holiday for 2 days, so i think that will be beyond me.

Definitely don't do the 1/2 in Sept its too soon. Look to the Eton Dorney that sounds more reasonable.

• Race Saturday/nap or hotel (house) pool (NOTE if we rent a house or get a hotel we need a HOT TUB), then dinner on Broadway
    • Tuesday Broadway/Nashville (will be doing a bit of that probably Friday too but we don't want to walk too much) or if we have had enough of Broadway/Nashville more tours?

I plan on driving down so will probably drive down a day early or same day depending on when you are getting in when you book your flights. So I need a travel day each way too for driving.

You MUST try to get to the Grand Old Opry if you can move at all on Saturday night. If you can't, you must see the Ryman Auditorium during your visit. Since imam not racing, I'm probably going to try to drive down Friday and home on Sunday. Nashville is just 4.5 hours from my house.

I am NOT missing the Opry! You can crash with us!
  • Oberon21
    edited September 2015
    Options
    [/quote]A couple of years ago, I was waiting with my nieces for my sister to move her car. A guy came up to me and asked me if I was ready to handle another because of my gut. :/[/quote]

This was so wrong on this guy's part for so many reasons.

ETA I tried to eliminate all the other quotes and now it posted funny.
  • Oberon21
    Options

sounds good to me. I can get a flight that gets in to Nashville about 4pm local time on the Thursday, and one out the following Wednesday that departs at 5.15pm, letting me sleep overnight.

A hot tub is a great idea. I was looking at cheapo motels, but if we can find a house to rent that would be awesome.

Depending on how many people, I have tons of room at my house. But no hot tub yet. :(
    I have a jacuzzi tub in my master bath that I use constantly, definitely love the idea of a hot tub.

Oooh free place to stay!
  • Oberon21
    Options

I did a ladies 5 miler that was on the day before the Windsor half a few years ago. Don't know if they still do that, but it was quite good, around the great park.

Yeah its on again this year. Does look good. Not sure I'd be up to it having just got back from holiday!

but i have just signed up for the beginners course with Burnham Joggers which starts from 2nd October.

Excellent this is a fantastic move!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok I own 1562. All caught up!