Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Confession: I went over on my calories today. I have a few regrets *glares at empty Sour Cream & Onion potato chip bag* but I vow to do better.

It's Sunday! A new week! I can do this! I will reach 175 by the end of October. Totally an achievable goal if I stick to my guns.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Confession: It's MIDNIGHT!

I've been waiting to dig into this stir fry for about 6 hours....My dad made it and it smelled like HEAVEN so I traded my salad in for the beef stir fry on rice. It might not fit into my calorie goals but I'm gonna MAKE IT FIT! :naughty:
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Confession: It's MIDNIGHT!

I've been waiting to dig into this stir fry for about 6 hours....My dad made it and it smelled like HEAVEN so I traded my salad in for the beef stir fry on rice. It might not fit into my calorie goals but I'm gonna MAKE IT FIT! :naughty:

Yum. It sounds delicious.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Confession: I went over on my calories today. I have a few regrets *glares at empty Sour Cream & Onion potato chip bag* but I vow to do better.

It's Sunday! A new week! I can do this! I will reach 175 by the end of October. Totally an achievable goal if I stick to my guns.

I believe in you!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Couldn't figure out how to get to the discussions (specifically pet pics) in the group on my phone so here is Tessa after our 40-ish minute walk.

y6ybdxj60ssa.jpg

Good dog, Tessa. Way to motivate your owner!!!

I think I love Tessa. What a cutie.
  • nonoelmo
    edited September 2015
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

First date #16

Taking a page from @nonoelmo - a really nice guy, just not for me. Oh and he initially he told me he had one kid that was 24, but actually had two and the other is 13...not cool.

So....bleh

I like that you follow your instincts. I like that you realize that "nice" does not mean you have to go on another date if you don't want to go on another date.

I would be bothered that there was a lie, even if it was by omission or careful wording. Integrity and truthfulness / transparency are important to me. One man I actually liked casually mentioned on the 4th date that he'd been married twice/divorced twice, not the once his profile said. When I expressed surprise he gave me his story . His integrity (or lack of integrity) didn't impress me. He lied in his profile.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Weight room update.
    Daughter joined me in the weight room today. She was a mini-me (and she is a brunet mini me) and did everything that I did. The weight room was just right tonight. There was a BEAUTIFUL early 20's woman going to town on the weights and a fairly attractive guy about the same age working out too. I don't know if they were together or not, I assumed they were. However I noticed daughter take note of pretty woman working out hard on the weights. It makes it seem more acceptable to daughter to see a vibrant young woman hitting the weights hard, but not bulky (daughter worries about that). :smiley:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Couldn't figure out how to get to the discussions (specifically pet pics) in the group on my phone so here is Tessa after our 40-ish minute walk.

y6ybdxj60ssa.jpg

Good dog, Tessa. Way to motivate your owner!!!

I think I love Tessa. What a cutie.
    Thank you! She's well trained too! My sister did a good job with both our dogs (RIP Sandi) and trained them from day one to be very well behaved.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Ugly confession in the Batcave. Not feeling so great. I'm going to go eat popcorn.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I confess, I am getting so MAD at myself for my eating habits lately.
    My allergies are giving me an excuse to be lazy in working out and I want to reach 179 lbs SO BAD! I want to order my FITBIT! :rage:

Today is the day. I swear, I will stay within my calories and get one 20 minute workout/walk/lift session in today if it darn near kills me!

I ignored my allergies, hiked 2 hours and 15 minutes 1400 feet up a mountain from where I started. Ate lunch, took an hour to rest and hiked back down in an hour and 45 minutes. My profile photo is from the top.
    Don't let you allergies stop you from teaching your goals.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins awesome NSV and way to tell your allergies you're the boss!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

You got this! When you reach your goal which Fitbit do you want? I confess I had a few bad days with ice cream & even though I know better I only ate a little amount on Friday & tried the do the same Saturday to make up for it. I didn't binge yesterday, but I talked myself into eating a normal amount & getting back to the program.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

You got this! When you reach your goal which Fitbit did you want? I confess I had a few bad days with ice cream & even though I know better I only ate a little amount on Friday & tried the do the same Saturday to make up for it. I didn't binge yesterday, but I talked myself into eating a normal amount & getting back to the program.

Yay for you!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Weight room update.
    Daughter joined me in the weight room today. She was a mini-me (and she is a brunet mini me) and did everything that I did. The weight room was just right tonight. There was a BEAUTIFUL early 20's woman going to town on the weights and a fairly attractive guy about the same age working out too. I don't know if they were together or not, I assumed they were. However I noticed daughter take note of pretty woman working out hard on the weights. It makes it seem more acceptable to daughter to see a vibrant young woman hitting the weights hard, but not bulky (daughter worries about that). :smiley:

This is great and so good for young girls to have positive role models!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    For those of us in the U.S. Yay! For a long weekend!!!!

Woohoo! Leaving early today too!

I'm sad. They let us know we aren't getting out early today. Oh well!

We won't be either. I'll be here until the bitter end (4:30). Only 4.5 hours to go! :disappointed:

Ugh sorry! I'm here until 4 then I have to drive in rush hour traffic (hopefully a lot of people get out earlier today so traffic isn't too bad...) to go let my boyfriend's brother's dog out since no one is home to take care of it this weekend. Poor dog!

Oh at least here I wasn't expecting to get out early since we didn't last year. It was just me hoping for an early release. :-P So at least I wasn't TOO disappointed.

I got out early but then traffic was terrible and didn't get to run any errands before getting the kids. Not a win.

Bummer!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    On the second week of my lifestyle change, I went over to a friend's house for a sleepover, and I had a tall piece of cake with lots of frosting on each day that I stayed there. I wasn't completely honest with the calorie count for those days. Haha. In the end, I still lost 10 pounds in the first month alone. I *do* exercise for two-four hours a day (90% light, 10% intense), and I make a point of walking everywhere within three miles, and I ALWAYS take stairs, so maybe this off set the weight gain. Since then, I've fostered a potent armor of will power, discipline, and self-control, so that'd never happen again.

How much do you have to lose? What do you do when you exercise two hours?

Be careful with exercising too much, because it can weaken your immune system (I just got over a bad sinus infection from exercising way too much).

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/on-fitness/2010/11/05/10-signs-youre-exercising-too-much

With how much exercise you said you do eating a few desserts will not hinder your progress so don't get in the habit of beating yourself because it's not worth the misery.

@kellyjellybellyjelly Sorry for the late reply! I forgot to check back on this thread. At that time, I had over 50 to lose, and now I have about 20 more to go. I usually do a 20-60 minute workout video from YouTube followed by brisk walking.
    Thanks for the warning! I did not know that. Yeah. You're right. I guess not beating myself up is something I need to work on.
  • neldabg
    Options
    On the second week of my lifestyle change, I went over to a friend's house for a sleepover, and I had a tall piece of cake with lots of frosting on each day that I stayed there. I wasn't completely honest with the calorie count for those days. Haha. In the end, I still lost 10 pounds in the first month alone. I *do* exercise for two-four hours a day (90% light, 10% intense), and I make a point of walking everywhere within three miles, and I ALWAYS take stairs, so maybe this off set the weight gain. Since then, I've fostered a potent armor of will power, discipline, and self-control, so that'd never happen again.

Be careful with exercising too much, because it can weaken your immune system (I just got over a bad sinus infection from exercising way too much).

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/on-fitness/2010/11/05/10-signs-youre-exercising-too-much

With how much exercise you said you do eating a few desserts will not hinder your progress so don't get in the habit of beating yourself because it's not worth the misery.

+1 cake is a pleasure occasionally. (I say this as someone who makes her own because of celiac.) As often as you exercise, two pieces of cake are nothing to feel guilty about.
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Thank you for the advice. I'll try to not feel guilty about such things in the future.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

@kellyjellybellyjelly Sorry for the late reply! I forgot to check back on this thread. At that time, I had over 50 to lose, and now I have about 20 more to go. I usually do a 20-60 minute workout video from YouTube followed by brisk walking.
    Thanks for the warning! I did not know that. Yeah. You're right. I guess not beating myself up it's something I need to work on.

@neldabg It's something we ALL need to work on. I think that's why this thread does so well. We get the forgiveness from others and that makes us feel 'allowed' to give it to ourselves.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I must have gotten a good night of deep sleep last night because I am totally full of energy this morning.

Going to go to the gym and figure out what exactly I'm going to do there. I want to lift heavy things eventually but since I think I'm going to be the only one there at 6 am (even the attendant doesn't start that early) I'll have to be careful. So I think I'll ease into that. I'm going to see what kind of machines I can use today.

Make sure someone teaches typy how to lift heavy things before you start. Poor form can really cause injury.

My nephew is going to come with me 2 weeks from now. He's going to be my trainer. They had a trainer come and show them proper form and now he's going to show me.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

You got this! When you reach your goal which Fitbit did you want? I confess I had a few bad days with ice cream & even though I know better I only ate a little amount on Friday & tried the do the same Saturday to make up for it. I didn't binge yesterday, but I talked myself into eating a normal amount & getting back to the program.

Good on ya @kellyjellybellyjelly!
    I wish I could say I held back on ice cream but I ate 4 servings in one setting. "It was Blue Bell and I couldn't help it" excuse just isn't really working for me.

I have no idea which Fitbit I want. I'm leaning towards the Charge no HRM because I don't feel it necessary. We'll have to wait and see though.

• neldabg
    Options

Thanks for the warning! I did not know that. Yeah. You're right. I guess not beating myself up it's something I need to work on.

@neldabg It's something we ALL need to work on. I think that's why this thread does so well. We get the forgiveness from others and that makes us feel 'allowed' to give it to ourselves.
    That is true. And for that, I'm glad for MFP and this thread. ^_^