Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    @kellyjellybellyjelly I try to have a protein shake after every workout and some days I have to take Advil. But honestly, I've found for the most part I just have to live with the soreness. I workout 4 days a week, so I do legs, chest/back, triceps/biceps, and shoulders. So usually it's a week before I work that body part again, that allows it to fully recover. Just works for me.

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I must have gotten a good night of deep sleep last night because I am totally full of energy this morning.

Going to go to the gym and figure out what exactly I'm going to do there. I want to lift heavy things eventually but since I think I'm going to be the only one there at 6 am (even the attendant doesn't start that early) I'll have to be careful. So I think I'll ease into that. I'm going to see what kind of machines I can use today.

Machines are definitely good when you're by yourself. Although I've found I really only need a spot for bench press.

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Couldn't figure out how to get to the discussions (specifically pet pics) in the group on my phone so here is Tessa after our 40-ish minute walk.

y6ybdxj60ssa.jpg
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    For those of us in the U.S. Yay! For a long weekend!!!!

And Canada too! :wink:

Have a great holiday @orangesmartie !

Oh really? For Labor day?
    !

Yeppirs! The weekend is finally here. I do have to go in tomorrow for a bit to finish all the things I left half done on my desk but at least I can go in when I want and no one else will be there so it should only take a couple of hours.

Interesting. So I guess... Woo hoo for those of us in North America!

Except we call it Labour Day lol
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Couldn't figure out how to get to the discussions (specifically pet pics) in the group on my phone so here is Tessa

Aww she looks happy!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I must have gotten a good night of deep sleep last night because I am totally full of energy this morning.

Going to go to the gym and figure out what exactly I'm going to do there. I want to lift heavy things eventually but since I think I'm going to be the only one there at 6 am (even the attendant doesn't start that early) I'll have to be careful. So I think I'll ease into that. I'm going to see what kind of machines I can use today.

Make sure someone teaches typy how to lift heavy things before you start. Poor form can really cause injury.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I squatted 100 pounds today and deadlifted 135, which is my body weight!!

On a related note, my legs feel like jello and I can't move...lol.
    Lovely jello to start the Labor Day weekend. :wink:

Congrats!

Haha. I read this and was thinking, Who said jello?
    One of my friends has been posting on Facebook about the thousands of jello shots she's making for the weekend. I got confused there for a minute!

Great work on the squats and deadlift!

OMG I haven't had jello shots in agesss!

I used to make the fancy rainbow layered ones for parties all the time, but at some point I think we grew up, sadly.

xnpv3hscss8y.jpg

My family refuses to grow up. My 29 year old cousin got married on Saturday at the Glendale (fancy pants golf club) and she asked if she could bring jello shots :lol: They sold her the booze but she had to make them. They were a big hit, at least with our side of the family lol.

ETA: however we never make any as fancy as yours!

I worked at a Keg steakhouse in university and we used to do jello shots for staff parties, too.

Sometimes I get really fancy and buy unflavoured gelatin so I can make stuff like gin and tonic shots or Baileys coffee shots or champagne shots, too. We've done Cosbys, too, with pudding instead of Jello, although we don't call them that anymore, haha.

You wouldn't happen to know their cheesecake recipe, would you? :)

I'm afraid it's "order frozen from supplier, thaw, add strawberry sauce", lol. I don't know who the commercial bakery was as they packaged it for the Keg specifically.

ETA: If you want to know how to make a lemon meringue, blackberry, or kiwi martini, though, I'm your girl.

Oh, damn. Well, I guess menu consistency across the chain is a good thing.

I really do like that cheesecake. I've found copycat recipes online but a lot of comments that say it may not be regular cream cheese that is used, possibly another soft cheese.

Maybe I'll give it a try and sub it some mascarpone. Can't hurt.... there's no such thing as a "bad cheesecake".
  • Oberon21
    Options

Congrats!

One of my friends has been posting on Facebook about the thousands of jello shots she's making for the weekend. I got confused there for a minute!

I used to make the fancy rainbow layered ones for parties all the time, but at some point I think we grew up, sadly.

xnpv3hscss8y.jpg

My family refuses to grow up. My 29 year old cousin got married on Saturday at the Glendale (fancy pants golf club) and she asked if she could bring jello shots :lol: They sold her the booze but she had to make them. They were a big hit, at least with our side of the family lol.

I worked at a Keg steakhouse in university and we used to do jello shots for staff parties, too.

Sometimes I get really fancy and buy unflavoured gelatin so I can make stuff like gin and tonic shots or Baileys coffee shots or champagne shots, too. We've done Cosbys, too, with pudding instead of Jello, although we don't call them that anymore, haha.

I'm afraid it's "order frozen from supplier, thaw, add strawberry sauce", lol. I don't know who the commercial bakery was as they packaged it for the Keg specifically.

ETA: If you want to know how to make a lemon meringue, blackberry, or kiwi martini, though, I'm your girl.

I really do like that cheesecake. I've found copycat recipes online but a lot of comments that say it may not be regular cream cheese that is used, possibly another soft cheese.

Maybe I'll give it a try and sub it some mascarpone. Can't hurt.... there's no such thing as a "bad cheesecake".

Italian cheesecake. Ick. Sorry @Italian_Buju
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

@TigerNY128 way to go; hopefully, your legs aren't like jello today! I haven't lifted weights for around a week, but what tips do you guys offer when you do have bad delayed onset muscle soreness?

In my case it seems to be "lift again". I lift 7 days a week, alternating upper/lower body, so I just have to suck it up and do it... it kinda helps.

I have specific stretches from my physiotherapist that I do right after lifting, and I take my protein supplement as soon as I come upstairs. Once in a while I've had to take ibuprofen if sitting at my desk gets too uncomfortable, but that's not often.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

First date #16

Taking a page from @nonoelmo - a really nice guy, just not for me. Oh and he initially he told me he had one kid that was 24, but actually had two and the other is 13...not cool.

So....bleh
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I confess, I am getting so MAD at myself for my eating habits lately.
    My allergies are giving me an excuse to be lazy in working out and I want to reach 179 lbs SO BAD! I want to order my FITBIT! :rage:

Today is the day. I swear, I will stay within my calories and get one 20 minute workout/walk/lift session in today if it darn near kills me!

I ignored my allergies, hiked 2 hours and 15 minutes 1400 feet up a mountain from where I started. Ate lunch, took an hour to rest and hiked back down in an hour and 45 minutes. My profile photo is from the top.
    Don't let you allergies stop you from teaching your goals.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Couldn't figure out how to get to the discussions (specifically pet pics) in the group on my phone so here is Tessa after our 40-ish minute walk.

y6ybdxj60ssa.jpg

Good dog, Tessa. Way to motivate your owner!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Congrats!

xnpv3hscss8y.jpg

Italian cheesecake. Ick. Sorry @Italian_Buju

^.^
    ____
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I went to PetSmart yesterday after about five weeks. So I bought quite a few cans of food, couple months worth. The cashier asked me how many cats I had.....when I said one, he replied, "Um, is it a mountain lion?"

You should have said, "None, why?" He would have been so confused. :D

• MoHousdon
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #14

interacting online and via text, things were pretty cool.
    good, fun interactions, actual conversations that moved past the "hi, how's your day going?" type thing.
    but despite fun convo, dude kinda seemed like he was never going to actually ask me out, so on friday, i was like hey, if you wanna hang out let me know! so then we ended up going to a local place that evening.

in person, it was....awkward?
    he was really quiet and withdrawn. which, i get the whole nervous first date type thing, but usually after a few hours, that lightens up a little. only it didn't. he just didn't seem very interested, and that's totally fine. but it still feels weird. so after a few hours, a few beverages, my filter ceases to exist, and upon saying good night (no attempt at a kiss or even a hug), the phrase "you poor boy" slipped out. eep.

que the ensuing text argument wherein any chance of a second date was destroyed. so despite what appeared to be a total lack of all interest, dude says he had a good time. but of course at this point, i'm all angsty and annoyed and say as much in regards to his stand-offishness, to which he does the fine, it's all me whatever, thing.

done and done.

i miss mr.jerkface more than i care to admit :(

Stupid frogs. I wish I could just conjure up Mr. Right-for-you and send him your way! <3

hehehehe, i wish you could too!

i just want to come home from work one day and have a cute dude sitting on my front porch, he knows all my weird quirks, likes to clean, can make me laugh, and wants to love me forevers.
    is that too much to ask for?

:'(
    This broke my heart. He's out there but he's a man so he won't stop and ask for directions.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    For those of us in the U.S. Yay! For a long weekend!!!!

Woohoo! Leaving early today too!

I'm sad. They let us know we aren't getting out early today. Oh well!

We won't be either. I'll be here until the bitter end (4:30). Only 4.5 hours to go! :disappointed:

Ugh sorry! I'm here until 4 then I have to drive in rush hour traffic (hopefully a lot of people get out earlier today so traffic isn't too bad...) to go let my boyfriend's brother's dog out since no one is home to take care of it this weekend. Poor dog!

Oh at least here I wasn't expecting to get out early since we didn't last year. It was just me hoping for an early release. :-P So at least I wasn't TOO disappointed.

I got out early but then traffic was terrible and didn't get to run any errands before getting the kids. Not a win.
  • kellienw335
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I want to make these if I ever have a Halloween party:
    Jello Shot Worms

Those look awesome!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    *post date update*

First date #16

Taking a page from @nonoelmo - a really nice guy, just not for me. Oh and he initially he told me he had one kid that was 24, but actually had two and the other is 13...not cool.

So....bleh

Seriously! What is wrong with people? And isn't he a little old for you? Not judging, just asking.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I did the same thing!! Except instead of water I put dish soap in it. I didn't think drowning it in water would be enough to keep from digging it out of the trash can...

@MoHousdon, have you gotten BINGO yet?

@kelly_c_77, I think I've gotten at least one black out by now.

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

First date #16

So....bleh

Seriously! What is wrong with people? And isn't he a little old for you? Not judging, just asking.

SSP is 39 and I'm 26. He COULD have a kid who would be 24 and another who is 13. But he has no kids and he's never been married. :grin: Although, I wont see him for two weeks. :grumble: Stupid mandated training in Houston... :grumble:

My first husband was 11 years older than me. I MIGHT have a thing for older men... So you just do you @KylerJaye and it's good that you seem to be giving everyone at least one chance. Remember, integrity is important, you don't want someone who will lie to you or someone who can't communicate what they really mean.