Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that my comment about my squats started a whole conversation about jello shots! Cheers, everyone!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't go away! We need some new blood in here. Especially since our regulars are slowing down. Put it on your calendar and post 1 thought a day til you get comfortable! Most of us in here often didn't post anywhere else (myself included) for the same reason, but I am so glad I finally plunged in!

I am thinking of talking to the folks in the gym at work to do some weight training/education then trying the SL5x5 thing everyone is talking about... I am feeling left out... And I hate feeling left out!

You will love lifting! Let us know when you try it!

I'll admit, I was thinking about it too...but would have to buy the equipment for it because I don't do gyms!

Do it! I don't know how much it all costs though. Only if it is within your budget. Or you can join me lifting sofas and dogs...

start with a chihuahua and work your way up. A Great Dane gets you extra points!

You can work up to lifting your partner too, lol. My husband loves to tell me how many of me he can deadlift and tries to bench me sometimes too...but I'm way too squirmy/floppy (much like a chihuahua or, more likely, a Great Dane...) Big compound lifts for you, core strength from the necessary planking for him :grin:

There was a thread here a long time ago asking "what can you lift" and gave you the comparable animal. Hang on, let's see if I can find it...

Okay, here's the link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1315053/what-animal-can-you-lift

I can deadlift a baby giraffe. :smiley:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Thread is ssssllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwww today!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I'm bored and quite possibly the only member of the group left on here today so I am spamming the funny pictures thread.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I'm bored and quite possibly the only member of the group left on here today so I am spamming the funny pictures thread.

I'm still here!! I'm counting down the minutes until I can leave for the weekend.... 2 hours and 14 minutes to go for me!
  • jthurman3
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I want to make these if I ever have a Halloween party:
    Jello Shot Worms

worm-jello-shots.jpg

I would love for you to make those and tell me how they are!! I wonder if they'd keep outside the fridge.
  • jthurman3
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I squatted 100 pounds today and deadlifted 135, which is my body weight!!

On a related note, my legs feel like jello and I can't move...lol.
    Lovely jello to start the Labor Day weekend. :wink:

Congrats!

Haha. I read this and was thinking, Who said jello?
    One of my friends has been posting on Facebook about the thousands of jello shots she's making for the weekend. I got confused there for a minute!

Great work on the squats and deadlift!

OMG I haven't had jello shots in agesss!

Haha! My daughter made some while she was visiting us in August. I hadn't had any in a looong time myself. We even went out and bought the little plastic cups for them. I predict more this weekend while she's here.

I've been meaning to say - I'm SO glad she's coming home this weekend! I think it'll be good for both of you to hang out and be reassured that she's doing ok. Plus, jello shots!! Nice. New family tradition!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »

I'm still here!! I'm counting down the minutes until I can leave for the weekend.... 2 hours and 14 minutes to go for me!

1 hour & 7 minutes left for me! This afternoon is dragging!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Made it home but I am still around!!
  • jthurman3
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »

1 hour & 7 minutes left for me! This afternoon is dragging!

For me, too!!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

Haha I did the same thing!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I agree that weight lifting is really interesting to me. I love all the results the ladies around here are getting! What's stopping me is anxiety... I just cannot bring myself to wander into the weight section with all those big men. I'm thinking about making my own, relatively cheap weights at home. Has anyone done this?

Also you guys have done a good job at making me crave bananas. Especially a cold banana smoothie...

I am also scared of the weight room. But I was fed up of letting this put me off , so I sourced some relatively cheap basic equipment to start me off. Barbell, a few dumbells etc. I do my weights in my spare room where no one can see me and I check my form on the many you tube videos you can find on the subject. Hopefully I'll eventually progress to the gym as I don't have room for loads of equipment but doing it this way means I'm at least making some progress. And I have to say, I am loving it so far. Early days for me still but hopefully the love continues. I think what I like most is the feeling of achievement by realising what my body is capable of lifting even in the early stages. That and also, the other day I had my 7 yr old niece round. She looked at my barbell and said' Can you really lift that Aunty Cosmo (not my real name!) and when I responded that I could, she said' Wow, you must be really strong' I felt awesome! One of the reasons I am trying to get fit is to set a good example for my 4 nieces. They have bad examples from elsewhere and I want them to know you don't have to starve yourself or spend 3 hours a day on the treadmill in the gym to be healthy. (sorry for the epic post - seems now I've started I just can't shut up)

I am way behind, but I wanted to welcome you too. Also, you are spot on about feeling an achievement in realizing what your body's capable of doing even early on. I feel the same way! If someone would have told me 4 weeks ago I'd be squatting 100 lbs. I would have told them to shut their dirty mouth.

I hope you have stuck around and continued participating, and not just gone back to being a stalker. :smiley:

• ShibaEars
    Options
    For those that may still be stuck at work this thread is a good time waster http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10006202/its-friday-gif-it-up-again/p1
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Way to go!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't go away! We need some new blood in here. Especially since our regulars are slowing down. Put it on your calendar and post 1 thought a day til you get comfortable! Most of us in here often didn't post anywhere else (myself included) for the same reason, but I am so glad I finally plunged in!

I am thinking of talking to the folks in the gym at work to do some weight training/education then trying the SL5x5 thing everyone is talking about... I am feeling left out... And I hate feeling left out!

You will love lifting! Let us know when you try it!

I'll admit, I was thinking about it too...but would have to buy the equipment for it because I don't do gyms!

Do it! I don't know how much it all costs though. Only if it is within your budget. Or you can join me lifting sofas and dogs...

start with a chihuahua and work your way up. A Great Dane gets you extra points!

You can work up to lifting your partner too, lol. My husband loves to tell me how many of me he can deadlift and tries to bench me sometimes too...but I'm way too squirmy/floppy (much like a chihuahua or, more likely, a Great Dane...) Big compound lifts for you, core strength from the necessary planking for him :grin:

Mr. Mo squatted me on his shoulders last week. It was awesome!

My daughter's boyfriend does this to her all the time. He could squat her bodyweight and mine, but it's funny to watch.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Had prelogged my lunch and then the boss bought Chikfila wraps for us. I chose to use my own low cal salad dressing on it and had some fruit. I did have one of their fabulous cookies. (I deserved it after getting drenched going to help pick up the food!) Moved my lunch to dinner, put the cookie in my afternoon snack and have not broken my calorie goal!! Yay me!!

That is awesome!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess that today I FINALLY took a day off with my husband to move our old stove and a dead riding lawn mower from the back yard to the metal recycling place. Then we used the proceeds from recycling to buy ourselves lunch and a treat from our friend's coffee shop. The recycling place we use has places you can do aluminum cans and small stuff on the weekends, but appliances have to be taken to their main location that is only open on week days. It is shameful how.long it took us to do this. The grass is totally dead where the stove sat for months. While we were at it, we took down the swing set after 13 years at this house and recycled it too.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Lovely jello to start the Labor Day weekend. :wink:

Congrats!

Haha. I read this and was thinking, Who said jello?
    One of my friends has been posting on Facebook about the thousands of jello shots she's making for the weekend. I got confused there for a minute!

Great work on the squats and deadlift!

OMG I haven't had jello shots in agesss!

I used to make the fancy rainbow layered ones for parties all the time, but at some point I think we grew up, sadly.

xnpv3hscss8y.jpg

My family refuses to grow up. My 29 year old cousin got married on Saturday at the Glendale (fancy pants golf club) and she asked if she could bring jello shots :lol: They sold her the booze but she had to make them. They were a big hit, at least with our side of the family lol.

ETA: however we never make any as fancy as yours!

I worked at a Keg steakhouse in university and we used to do jello shots for staff parties, too.

Sometimes I get really fancy and buy unflavoured gelatin so I can make stuff like gin and tonic shots or Baileys coffee shots or champagne shots, too. We've done Cosbys, too, with pudding instead of Jello, although we don't call them that anymore, haha.

You wouldn't happen to know their cheesecake recipe, would you? :)

I'm afraid it's "order frozen from supplier, thaw, add strawberry sauce", lol. I don't know who the commercial bakery was as they packaged it for the Keg specifically.

ETA: If you want to know how to make a lemon meringue, blackberry, or kiwi martini, though, I'm your girl.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Have a fantastic vacation, Nicci!! We'll miss you bunches!

Edited to say: I suppose I should have said a fantastic "holiday" :smiley:

+1 to this! Enjoy :)

Ditto.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I confess that today I FINALLY took a day off with my husband to move our old stove and a dead riding lawn mower from the back yard to the metal recycling place. Then we used the proceeds from recycling to buy ourselves lunch and a treat from our friend's coffee shop. The recycling place we use has places you can do aluminum cans and small stuff on the weekends, but appliances have to be taken to their main location that is only open on week days. It is shameful how.long it took us to do this. The grass is totally dead where the stove sat for months. While we were at it, we took down the swing set after 13 years at this house and recycled it too.

Yay! Sounds like a successful day to me!