Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I gained 10 lbs in 4 weeks from overeating and not exercising while using my pregnancy as an excuse.....no more excuses. Have been maintaining since. Back to proper nutrition and exercise.

I have gained 10 lbs in the last few months. This week was particularly bad. I'm with you. Back at it!
  • Oberon21
    edited December 2016
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I confess I've spent much of the morning trying to figure out what SSRI has the least anecdotal impact on weight because I just can't anymore but I can't handle getting fatter either. Been off my OCD meds since I got pregnant with #3 (who is pushing 18 months) and even though I was doing a lot better in weight loss phase since I had regain in my carb foray I am on the floor depressed again. Hopefully I can get in next week to request the fan favorite, Wellbutrin :/

I'm sorry. Depression sucks. Def get the meds. Who wants to live life in a state of greyness. XOXO
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So, last night, I told myself if I just went to the gym I could just do the "fun" stuff - squats, bench and deads. Like a 5X5 workout. I had no motivation, and haven't had any, for a couple weeks now.

So, I did 5X5 squats at 170 pounds, working on depth. I don't know if I can even confess this... :# I've had my bladder leak a bit before when doing squats or deads, but last night it was bad enough that drops hit the floor. I was mortified. Lucky for me - empty gym and crazy patterned pants (nothing showed)!!! (I grabbed a spray bottle and a towel and cleaned up after myself, in case you were wondering.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AEzJK8x1mE

I then did 125 pound bench 5X5. One of the catch bars on the power rack is broken, so there aren't any safeties. I have to be careful with how much weight I try to bench until they get a new catch bar.

Then the grand finale! Deadlifts. 5X135, 5X185, 5X225, 1X275, 1X295, 1X315!!! New deadlift PR!!! And the three little jerks that think they own the weight room were there to witness it. Yeah, boys, girls CAN lift!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmsS3fLjUjg

Amazing. You are just amazing.

I would definitely listen to Victoria and go to a doctor on the leakage. Just to be sure. But muscle tiredness can cause issues. Look at marathoners who lose control of their bowels late in the race. I think the kind of muscle strain you are putting your body through could definitely lead to this.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I will not be going to yoga. I got stuck in a meeting room with a woman wearing the worst perfume and too much of it and now I am in full migraine. Just. Shoot. Me.

This happens to me with car service drivers and bad colognes. I have to open the window no matter the weather. Why do people think too much perfume/cologne is a good thing??
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession - I cannot find any desire to workout or eat right. I don't know if it's the cold, or the upcoming holiday, or what. Ugh.

I WILL go to the gym this evening. I WILL.

Same. I will go to yoga. I will.

I went to yoga yesterday for the first time in months. So freaking good!

I need to get back to hot yoga. Monday.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I confess that even though it is cold outside and I did not have the extra calories for it, I ate a serving of peppermint ice cream before bed.

Mmmm
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess far too much drown out your sorrows wine was drunk this week. Back on the wagon.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I will not be going to yoga. I got stuck in a meeting room with a woman wearing the worst perfume and too much of it and now I am in full migraine. Just. Shoot. Me.

This happens to me with car service drivers and bad colognes. I have to open the window no matter the weather. Why do people think too much perfume/cologne is a good thing??

I agree. There's times I would rather smell someone with bad B.O. than someone who doused every inch of their body with cologne/perfume.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.

I do not resent thin people anymore but I get mad when a woman crosses her legs because I have never been able to. I still can't because although I have lost a lot of weight I have lymphedema and my legs are still very big.

You look fantastic! I definitely get you on the leg issues. I am not sure if I have/had lymphedema, but I know I had a ton of extra skin on my legs that I hated when I was smaller than I am now (need to re-lose around 30-50 more pounds).
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.

I do not resent thin people anymore but I get mad when a woman crosses her legs because I have never been able to. I still can't because although I have lost a lot of weight I have lymphedema and my legs are still very big.

I am jealous of people who can cross their legs and tuck one food behind their calf.

I can do that after yoga class, but not if I haven't had a good stretch.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    So, last night, I told myself if I just went to the gym I could just do the "fun" stuff - squats, bench and deads. Like a 5X5 workout. I had no motivation, and haven't had any, for a couple weeks now.

So, I did 5X5 squats at 170 pounds, working on depth. I don't know if I can even confess this... :# I've had my bladder leak a bit before when doing squats or deads, but last night it was bad enough that drops hit the floor. I was mortified. Lucky for me - empty gym and crazy patterned pants (nothing showed)!!! (I grabbed a spray bottle and a towel and cleaned up after myself, in case you were wondering.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AEzJK8x1mE

I then did 125 pound bench 5X5. One of the catch bars on the power rack is broken, so there aren't any safeties. I have to be careful with how much weight I try to bench until they get a new catch bar.

Then the grand finale! Deadlifts. 5X135, 5X185, 5X225, 1X275, 1X295, 1X315!!! New deadlift PR!!! And the three little jerks that think they own the weight room were there to witness it. Yeah, boys, girls CAN lift!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmsS3fLjUjg

Oh my word you are a powerful woman! You show those boys how it is done!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I agree. There's times I would rather smell someone with bad B.O. than someone who doused every inch of their body with cologne/perfume.

Yeah. At least that doesn't trigger a migraine.
  • raymax4
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I confess I've spent much of the morning trying to figure out what SSRI has the least anecdotal impact on weight because I just can't anymore but I also can't handle getting fatter either. Been off my OCD meds since I got pregnant with #3 (who is pushing 18 months) and even though I was doing a lot better in weight loss phase since I had regain in my carb foray I am on the floor depressed again. Hopefully I can get in next week to request the fan favorite, Wellbutrin :/

Hope you are selling better soon.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Even though I've lost weight almost every week, have logged my food diligently all week and my clothes are not tighter and it is okay if I don't lose every week I am still scared to step on the scale. Every week I grit my teeth and close my eyes as I step on it. I also always weigh myself about 3 times in a row to be sure.

Speaking of getting things off my chest- one of my breasts seems to be shrinking faster than the other one as I lose weight.

I have a talking scale so I dont have to look and I also get on and off the scale three times. If I feel I should have lost more weight than the scale says, I will wait until I use the bathroom and then re weigh myself

I get on and off the scale several times if it isn't the weight I want. My scale never changes it's mind no matter how I talk to it. It just tells me to do the work. :(
  • raymax4
    Options
    I confess far too much drown out your sorrows wine was drunk this week. Back on the wagon.

To every time there is a season. glad to see you are back.
  • raymax4
    Options

Agreed. Perfume was invented to cover up B.O. but now days bathing is much easer than it use to be. I'm voting for neither.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Agreed. Perfume was invented to cover up B.O. but now-a-days bathing is much easer than it use to be. I'm voting for neither.

Bwahahahahaaaa!!!! :D<3
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I confess this morning I was not a good partner at the gym. I got frustrated with Martin who was helping with my dead lift form, no I DO NOT want to drop weight. I feel bad about it but at the same time, TOM is not helping.
    I think I'll make an apology dinner tonight :#
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Yesterday I ran into someone that I had not seen for over a year. I greeted her with excitement and started talking. She was very reserved and I left wondering if I had done something that made her angry at me. :'(
    Later in the day I saw another friend and started talking to her, the other lady was close enough to her her call me by my name. She ran over and hugged me and said OH I did not recognize you!!

Love this story!