Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    We're not going to make 2000.

Yeah, It would be hard to get 40 more pages in 2 days.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 846 Member

Well, next time they say anything mean like that, just yell "GAH!" at them and go on being your awesome self!

^ Yelling "GAH!" at people is my new favorite pastime. It comes from a silly kids' series where this policeman with an anger management problem is always turning purple and yelling it. ;)

I love to run when I'm lighter, myself. But I'm talking a dead sprint, it makes me feel like I'm flying! I don't get to do that anymore, way too heavy for that sort of thing. :(

Hehe, imagining a policeman saying that just makes me think of the policemen on The Beatles 'Yellow Submarine'.

Sprinting is amazing, isn't it? ^_^ That was what drew me to running in the first place.
  • Oberon21
    LenGray wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I think you should! And I think you should join us for the 2017 in 2017 challenge. Even if you don't join online you could just track mileage with the rest of us!

What's that? Is it a challenge?

Yep, I posted the link above
  • Oberon21
    @Susieq_1994 Glad it's not just me :) By the way, that cheesecake looks amazing! I'm hoping to get to the point I can make cheesecake, but it's still a bit intimidating lol

Also, sorry for the multiple posts. I'm trying to do my part to reach 2,000 but it makes it look like I'm just really chatty lol

Oh, and as for the cheesecake, it took me forever to get up the guts to bake cheesecake. Somehow it's one of the most intimidating desserts! A good friend who's an avid baker told me to just do a "starter" cheesecake with a pre-made Keebler crumb crust, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. And that once I saw how easy THAT one was, I'd be ready to make a "proper" cheesecake.

What I did discover, through a few fails, is that even when your cheesecake turns out totally hideous, all that cream cheese and sugar means that it will still taste amazing! Just don't take any pictures of it. :D

I made one once. It didn't set. It was so weird. It just stayed like liquid. I froze it and mixed it in with the crust and ate it that way. It tasted okay because like you said, what can go wrong with taste wise with those ingredients?

A baked one or a non-baked one? If baked, maybe you didn't use enough eggs. If non-baked, not enough gelatin maybe? Having it not set would be very odd!

Non bake. I had to grate orange rinds and everything. Put it in fridge and it was just water. So odd. I am sure I forgot something. It was a lot of work for ice and crust. :)
  • Oberon21
    Haha, sorry! Hmmm, aside from foodie news, I think the only other new thing going on with me is that I'm thinking about starting C25k. Well, a pre-C25k program anyway.

I'm a bit nervous because it'll mean that I'm lifting weights 3x/week and jogging 3x/week, but I really want to run again and feel as though my fitness level is up for it. That, and I think it would be great to see my dad waiting for me at the finish line of my first 5k :D

Like every week I say I'm going to start C25K. Downloaded the app and everything. My treadmill probably cries itself to sleep at night due to loneliness and neglect. ;)

I think you should! And I think you should join us for the 2017 in 2017 challenge. Even if you don't join online you could just track mileage with the rest of us!

Sounds interesting, what's it about? Even without C25K I get around 18,000 steps a day on average, so I think I rack up a good bit of mileage!

check out the link. Come on, it will be fun for all of us to do it!
  • LenGray

What's that? Is it a challenge?

Yep, I posted the link above

Thanks! It looks pretty cool. I don't know if that would be a this year thing, but I'll probably try it at some point. If you'd like an accountability buddy though, I'd be happy to volunteer! We can do our own challenges then we commiserate encourage each other and post our mileage :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Fun fact:

I peed off 3.2 pounds of water weight yesterday, and 5.2 pounds since Christmas.

Holy cow you ate a lot of salt prior to Monday.

Christmas carbs! And sodium, too, I'm sure.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    I gave in. Currently eating my spaghetti....mmmmm!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member

Where's your positive attitude?! We got 30 pages in two days a while ago... Just talk more! ;)
  • Susieq_1994

Yum! I love spaghetti. :smiley:
  • LenGray

Spaghetti sounds awesome! :D I'm taking some chicken stew, a quesadilla, and some cake to work.

Honestly, quesadillas are like the ultimate lazy sandwich for me lol I make one or two batches and then just stuff my face with them the rest of the week.
  • Susieq_1994
    @Susieq_1994 Glad it's not just me :) By the way, that cheesecake looks amazing! I'm hoping to get to the point I can make cheesecake, but it's still a bit intimidating lol

Also, sorry for the multiple posts. I'm trying to do my part to reach 2,000 but it makes it look like I'm just really chatty lol

Oh, and as for the cheesecake, it took me forever to get up the guts to bake cheesecake. Somehow it's one of the most intimidating desserts! A good friend who's an avid baker told me to just do a "starter" cheesecake with a pre-made Keebler crumb crust, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. And that once I saw how easy THAT one was, I'd be ready to make a "proper" cheesecake.

What I did discover, through a few fails, is that even when your cheesecake turns out totally hideous, all that cream cheese and sugar means that it will still taste amazing! Just don't take any pictures of it. :D

I made one once. It didn't set. It was so weird. It just stayed like liquid. I froze it and mixed it in with the crust and ate it that way. It tasted okay because like you said, what can go wrong with taste wise with those ingredients?

A baked one or a non-baked one? If baked, maybe you didn't use enough eggs. If non-baked, not enough gelatin maybe? Having it not set would be very odd!

Non bake. I had to grate orange rinds and everything. Put it in fridge and it was just water. So odd. I am sure I forgot something. It was a lot of work for ice and crust. :)

Maybe you used spreadable cheese instead of solid cream cheese? I did that accidentally the last time I tried to make a cream-cheese based pie, and it was basically like a thin custard, didn't set at all.
  • Oberon21

Maybe you used spreadable cheese instead of solid cream cheese? I did that accidentally the last time I tried to make a cream-cheese based pie, and it was basically like a thin custard, didn't set at all.

Maybe I was a teenager so don't know.
  • LenGray

Where's your positive attitude?! We got 30 pages in two days a while ago... Just talk more! ;)

Haha, with all this cheesecake talk, we've gotten 3 pages in as many hours ;)
  • Oberon21

I'll try but I have to go back to work for a while. I'll respond to everyone later and 'own' a page or 2!
  • Susieq_1994

Spaghetti sounds awesome! :D I'm taking some chicken stew, a quesadilla, and some cake to work.

Honestly, quesadillas are like the ultimate lazy sandwich for me lol I make one or two batches and then just stuff my face with them the rest of the week.

I do that with wraps, so basically the same thing. I bake a kilo of chicken breast every week, slice them into strips and divide into ten equal servings of 100g each. Then I put them in tortilla wraps with either pizza sauce/cheese/pizza-like veggies (bell pepper, mushroom, olives, etc) or with hummus and veggies. Then I throw them on my panini press and voila! A meal in like five minutes. ;)
  • Susieq_1994

Haha, with all this cheesecake talk, we've gotten 3 pages in as many hours ;)

See?! WE CAN DO THIS. And the three pages are like 75% me, right? :p (I talk a lot...)