Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Confession: I ate Ben and Jerry's The Tonight Dough AND candy cane Hershey's kisses (stashed those babies away at Christmas) Saturday night after my meet. Neither one seemed to taste as good as they used to! Nooooooooo! I don't want to be one of those people that are all "sweets don't even taste good to me anymore." The Blue Bunny Cherrific Cheesecake ice cream is still awesome, so there's that.

Honestly back when I could still eat The Tonight Dough it wasn't as good as half baked. Good news for your micro spread I guess though on the positive side!

P.S. Have you tried carrot cake kisses? I have heard good stuff!

I tried Half-Baked when the store was out of The Tonight Dough. I am (or was?) definitely Team Tonight Dough.

I've never tried the Tonight Dough but I always see it. I did pick up 2 boxes of the new handheld pints that they came out with. The reeses and the cookie dough. I haven't tried them yet but I couldn't pass them up...they were calling to me and I'm not even a huge ice cream person just a horrible impulse buyer I guess haha!

Dude you & I both! I could have a cabinet/freezer full of junk food & then go shopping for regular groceries & see a new shiny junk food & it's all over.

Example: Duncan Hines has new mug cakes (four to a pack) & I picked up two boxes of different flavors at Wal-Mart.

Mug cake?! On the look out. I have so many snacks and candy! I think it's like a security blanket, I just need it there. I have candy in the freezer from months and months ago but when I want a treat I'll just go out and buy something haha!

Same! Sometimes I hate working in retail, because it's inevitable that I'll see something new in my store & have to buy it.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I round my scale down. If my weight is 195.6, I record 194. It makes me feel better.

Also, I weigh myself every night and every morning. If the scale is roughly 2-3 pounds above at night where I want to be in the morning, I know I'm good and feel accomplished.

Weighing in daily isn't quite a bad thing, it all depends on the mindset.
    I currently weight daily but that's because I am trying to find the calories for maintaining, just remember weight is not the end all be all. Pay attention to how things fit you, measure yourself in inches vs some number a scale gives you.
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Confession: I ate Ben and Jerry's The Tonight Dough AND candy cane Hershey's kisses (stashed those babies away at Christmas) Saturday night after my meet. Neither one seemed to taste as good as they used to! Nooooooooo! I don't want to be one of those people that are all "sweets don't even taste good to me anymore." The Blue Bunny Cherrific Cheesecake ice cream is still awesome, so there's that.

Honestly back when I could still eat The Tonight Dough it wasn't as good as half baked. Good news for your micro spread I guess though on the positive side!

P.S. Have you tried carrot cake kisses? I have heard good stuff!

I tried Half-Baked when the store was out of The Tonight Dough. I am (or was?) definitely Team Tonight Dough.

I've never tried the Tonight Dough but I always see it. I did pick up 2 boxes of the new handheld pints that they came out with. The reeses and the cookie dough. I haven't tried them yet but I couldn't pass them up...they were calling to me and I'm not even a huge ice cream person just a horrible impulse buyer I guess haha!

Dude you & I both! I could have a cabinet/freezer full of junk food & then go shopping for regular groceries & see a new shiny junk food & it's all over.

Example: Duncan Hines has new mug cakes (four to a pack) & I picked up two boxes of different flavors at Wal-Mart.

Mug cake?! On the look out. I have so many snacks and candy! I think it's like a security blanket, I just need it there. I have candy in the freezer from months and months ago but when I want a treat I'll just go out and buy something haha!

Same! Sometimes I hate working in retail, because it's inevitable that I'll see something new in my store & have to buy it.

Ya that would be tough! My go to for an every night dessert was the chocolate chocolate donuts from 711...250 cals and 190 sodium and I can always fit those in. Now I may have to start hitting up swig 293 for a sugar cookie and 185 sodium I believe.

I don't know why I torture myself looking at food all the time but I can't help it lol. I'm so excited for tonight's dinner. Making homemade breakfast burritos. red potatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, eggs, onions, bacon, salsa, and sour cream wrapped up in a 90 cal G/F (I think they're vegan too) tortilla. I'm not G/F or vegan but they're good and only 90 cals each so I'm all for it!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    This is why I have to have a list with me in the grocery store. If I don't have something to limit me somewhat, I will just roam the store and toss in whatever sounds good at the time.
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    I am giving up movies for Lent. I watched The Impossible tonight and it was a poor choice, I was bored. Oh well, only 46 days until the next one, lol.
    My son also forgot tomorrow is meat free, even though I reminded him ten times in the last few days. So I told him I would buy a veggie pizza tonight, instead of grabbing it at lunch tomorrow, and we could split it.
    Then he complained about having to go pick it up.....Dude, I am buying your lunch, suck it up!

So, like me, your son is not a good Catholic. Even I remember that you can't eat meat on Ash Wednesday. :) Tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner tonight.
    ETA: I think the good Catholic is a myth. We all screw up something sometimes..

I actually do not even consider myself a Catholic anymore. Not for a very long time. I sent my kids to Catholic school, because I wanted them to go to a school that embraced God, but I do not agree with a lot of the teachings of the church. I consider myself a Christian, as in I follow the teachings of Christ, not other "Christians", but I practice Lent as a way to feel closer to Jesus, not because the church told me to.

THIS! I classify myself as more spiritual than anything but Jesus was a freaking cool dude and preached good and only good.
    I'm not giving anything up for lent, mainly because usually what I give up is diet related and it's cheating considering where I am now. However I am making it my goal to have 10 minutes a day of daily reflection.
  • MsFlabULess
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    This is why I have to have a list with me in the grocery store. If I don't have something to limit me somewhat, I will just roam the store and toss in whatever sounds good at the time.

I still do it even with a list haha. I have a list 90% of the time I'm just an obsessive compulsive buyer. Not just with food though clothes shoes. I just love to shop :confounded:
  • MsFlabULess
    edited March 2017
    Options
    i07n8sdjp7j2.png

This will probably be huge but I'm a hardcore cheer mom and this is my baby at a competition a few weeks ago! :heart: Yes it is huge but I don't know how to change that soooo.... :lol:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @MsFlabULess she is beautiful!!!
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    i07n8sdjp7j2.png

This will probably be huge but I'm a hardcore cheer mom and this is my baby at a competition a few weeks ago! :heart: Yes it is huge but I don't know how to change that soooo.... :lol:

Awwwwwwwww <3
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start Lent tomorrow since I couldn't think of anything to give up.

Last year I made it 40 days without eating any ice cream, but I definitely don't want to pick that again since I binged & gorged after the 40 days were up.

This year I am going to go 40 days without going on the Impulsive Buy or On Second Scoop website since it's so easy to see all these new foods & then want to go find them.

I'm also going to try to limit my meat eating to just chicken occasionally & seafood since I have found that beef at times makes me have bad gas.
  • MsFlabULess
    Options
    Thank you ladies!! She's an amazing little person and can tumble her butt off!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Last year I made it 40 days without eating any ice cream, but I definitely don't want to pick that again since I binged & gorged after the 40 days were up.

This year I am going to go 40 days without going on the Impulsive Buy or On Second Scoop website since it's so easy to see all these new foods & then want to go find them.

I'm also going to try to limit my meat eating to just chicken occasionally & seafood since I have found that beef at times makes me have bad gas.

You can do it. I know you can.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @MsFlabULess your daughter is gorgeous! Must get it from her mama ;)

@kellyjellybellyjelly does that mean I won't see you on the food product thread :( ? Great resolution setting though, you clearly know yourself well!

I confess that in light of my husband working late (I usually run at night) I structured the whole day so that Mia was down for nap at 12:30, Emma and Kates' afternoon craft were set up in my gym just so I could bang out 15k now and do StrongLifts tonight when they are in bed. Pro Tip: A 4 year old asking, "When can we have a snack?" every two minutes will radically improve your times
  • MsFlabULess
    Options
    @MsFlabULess your daughter is gorgeous! Must get it from her mama ;)

@kellyjellybellyjelly does that mean I won't see you on the food product thread :( ? Great resolution setting though, you clearly know yourself well!

I confess that in light of my husband working late (I usually run at night) I structured the whole day so that Mia was down for nap at 12:30, Emma and Kates' afternoon craft were set up in my gym just so I could bang out 15k now and do StrongLifts tonight when they are in bed. Pro Tip: A 4 year old asking, "When can we have a snack?" every two minutes will radically improve your times

Aww thank you!
  • MsFlabULess
    Options
    I'm stuck at work for at least another 30 min. which will make for 10.5 hrs. today :cry: I just want to go home and eat...
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I am giving up movies for Lent. I watched The Impossible tonight and it was a poor choice, I was bored. Oh well, only 46 days until the next one, lol.
    My son also forgot tomorrow is meat free, even though I reminded him ten times in the last few days. So I told him I would buy a veggie pizza tonight, instead of grabbing it at lunch tomorrow, and we could split it.
    Then he complained about having to go pick it up.....Dude, I am buying your lunch, suck it up!

So, like me, your son is not a good Catholic. Even I remember that you can't eat meat on Ash Wednesday. :) Tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner tonight.
    ETA: I think the good Catholic is a myth. We all screw up something sometimes..

I actually do not even consider myself a Catholic anymore. Not for a very long time. I sent my kids to Catholic school, because I wanted them to go to a school that embraced God, but I do not agree with a lot of the teachings of the church. I consider myself a Christian, as in I follow the teachings of Christ, not other "Christians", but I practice Lent as a way to feel closer to Jesus, not because the church told me to.

THIS! I classify myself as more spiritual than anything but Jesus was a freaking cool dude and preached good and only good.
    I'm not giving anything up for lent, mainly because usually what I give up is diet related and it's cheating considering where I am now. However I am making it my goal to have 10 minutes a day of daily reflection.

Totally agree on the bolded!
    And the last line is great as well, it is fine to add something instead of taking something away!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    @MsFlabULess she is beautiful!!!

THIS
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I missed that Lent started again. I haven't done this in years, but your goals sound good! I think maybe I did the no alcohol last year? Since I am already doing that (with the exception of last weekend) I need to try something different. I need to try exercise and get my but in gear. So once again shall I try 1 hour of exercise every day? I keep failing at this so not sure it will work but the jeans I wore today were tight so I clearly need to find something to remotivate me and everything I have tried has failed.
  • Oberon21
    Options

OMG she is gorgeous. Those eyes!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I still do it even with a list haha. I have a list 90% of the time I'm just an obsessive compulsive buyer. Not just with food though clothes shoes. I just love to shop :confounded:

Me too...