Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    My trainer posted this on Facebook.
    oatrqhbnbb8a.jpg

I confess I am going to paper this ALL OVER this threads!

I confess I think you should
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    My daughter finished the autism speaks 5k in 33:08. I am proud of her.

I am still grounded from running on pavement. Lifting strengthens the muscles that hold my bad disc in place and so the docs want me to do it as physical therapy. Running on pavement delivers shock waves up the spine. 1-3 mile trail runs are an option, according to my orthopedic doc. He lifts at my gym and is fine with me resuming 5x5 as long as I stop at the first sign of stress on L5-S1. Today I did 80 lb squats, 60 lb OHP, and 125 DL. No pain at all, but failed on rep 4 of the last set of OHP.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I am still grounded from running on pavement. Lifting strengthens the muscles that hold my bad disc in place and so the docs want me to do it as physical therapy. Running on pavement delivers shock waves up the spine. 1-3 mile trail runs are an option, according to my orthopedic doc. He lifts at my gym and is fine with me resuming 5x5 as long as I stop at the first sign of stress on L5-S1. Today I did 80 lb squats, 60 lb OHP, and 125 DL. No pain at all, but failed on rep 4 of the last set of OHP.

Nice work, Mel!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    @froggybug Thank you for the birthday card. I tried to message you but I couldn't get it to send. Kept saying invalid so thanking you publicly. Hope all is well!

Patricia
  • raymax4
    Options

Good going!
  • raymax4
    Options
    I need to apologize to all the people that had birthdays.
    My life has been in an upheaval since Christmas.
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the welcome, and making me feel a little bit better about my "fails."

I got a new confession:
    I am terrified of lifting by myself. I just found out that my trainer won't be able to take me at my old time, so I may have to work solo. The branch that I used to train in shut down, so I have to use the other one, and a lot of the equipment is different!
    I'm scared of becoming one of those memes -- like the guy eating the PF pizza and doing some weird exercise with crappy form. hqdefault.jpg
    I haven't lifted in 2+ weeks, so I have to get back on the wagon ASAP. Hopefully I get the courage to go lift today after Zumba.
    Wish me luck!
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Still alive ya'll! I love zumba and I love it even more because my cousin is the instructor at the gym I go to! After Vegas I'm coming home to hit it hard and to try out aqua zumba! So tired today to ugh! This weekend was all late nights and early mornings. Cheer practice, laundry, and packing... :tired_face:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    jbirdgreen wrote: »
    Thank you all for the welcome, and making me feel a little bit better about my "fails."

I got a new confession:
    I am terrified of lifting by myself. I just found out that my trainer won't be able to take me at my old time, so I may have to work solo. The branch that I used to train in shut down, so I have to use the other one, and a lot of the equipment is different!
    I'm scared of becoming one of those memes -- like the guy eating the PF pizza and doing some weird exercise with crappy form. hqdefault.jpg
    I haven't lifted in 2+ weeks, so I have to get back on the wagon ASAP. Hopefully I get the courage to go lift today after Zumba.
    Wish me luck!

I hope it goes well! If in doubt ask someone how to use it. There must be staff in the gym who can show you? 2 weeks isn't too long, you might be a little achy.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I need to apologize to all the people that had birthdays.
    My life has been in an upheaval since Christmas.

I'm jumping on this too! You all know I love you, right? <3
  • pennypamaple1
    pennypamaple1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

I have this same problem. Tried Body Balance for a few weeks and half way through the course during the stretching period, I managed to fart like a machine gun. I never went back. *blush*
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    jbirdgreen wrote: »

I got a new confession:
    Wish me luck!

You got this. I mean, obviously, skip the pizza, but rely on what you have learned and get to work. Good luck!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I confess I am a bit ticked off currently. My sister got the okay to go to the gym after having Bennett, so she went today for her first time. She was doing Leg Press (25lbs) and a woman had the audacity to go up to her and ask if she was new and then proceed to tell her all about how she shouldn't lift heavy cause she'll get manly.
    Obviously she has me as a reference as well as her SIL (who does bikini competitions) but why in the world do people think doing stupid things like this is okay?!
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    We went a spa/resort over the weekend. Steam rooms, cold rooms and scented saunas oh my! We had a fantastic dinner and genuinely just enjoyed lazing around with each other. :)s5tv5gltiitc.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I confess I am a bit ticked off currently. My sister got the okay to go to the gym after having Bennett, so she went today for her first time. She was doing Leg Press (25lbs) and a woman had the audacity to go up to her and ask if she was new and then proceed to tell her all about how she shouldn't lift heavy cause she'll get manly.
    Obviously she has me as a reference as well as her SIL (who does bikini competitions) but why in the world do people think doing stupid things like this is okay?!

The bolded is the problem. They don't. (Think, that is.)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    We went a spa/resort over the weekend. Steam rooms, cold rooms and scented saunas oh my! We had a fantastic dinner and genuinely just enjoyed lazing around with each other. :)s5tv5gltiitc.jpg

Look at you! So gorgeous! (And I giggled a bit at your deadlifting bruises... ;))
  • MissKalhan
    Options

Look at you! So gorgeous! (And I giggled a bit at your deadlifting bruises... ;))

Lol we did deads that morning so they're nice and fresh :D
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    On my birthday my wife made me a chocolate pie w/ whipped cream but it was too chocolaty for both her and the kids. Pretty sure it has (had) 7000 calories, oh, plus the fudge greek yogurt ice cream that I needed.

It only took three nights, but I did get to watch Star Wars twice :).
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Rusty740 wrote: »
    On my birthday my wife made me a chocolate pie w/ whipped cream but it was too chocolaty for both her and the kids. Pretty sure it has (had) 7000 calories, oh, plus the fudge greek yogurt ice cream that I needed.

Totally needed for the gainzzz :smiley:
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Rusty740 wrote: »

Totally needed for the gainzzz :smiley:

Haha it's true! I started a bulk at the same time because I hit my goal :) I just didn't plan on such a tasty treat.