Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    So I felt the discomfort pop back in place this morning while I was stretching and then I went and lift light. Like 55 pounds on squat.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Mel, keep it light until you are cleared. I know you know that back injury can be from lots of little injuries. I hope it is getting better.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Mel, keep it light until you are cleared. I know you know that back injury can be from lots of little injuries. I hope it is getting better.

I know the drill and promise to be safe. I will be slowly working back up to heavy weights. My form is better with the bar than without so 55 pounds for the next week or so.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have felt like a huge ball of fail lately. I have to weigh in for our cookoff team biggest loser competition and I have been going up lately. I am right back to where I started and I suck. I haven't been logging my food and eating lots more than I need to. I am logging today and want to get back on track again. I don't like gaining weight and know what I need to do. Suck it up and do it already!

Hugs!!! You can do it.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    This old photo popped up in my Facebook memories. Disney World 2012. I didn't realize how far I've come!

gy0gtenhjujt.jpg
    cay34mmz0mt6.jpg
    I love the success story you look amazing as usual.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I have felt like a huge ball of fail lately. I have to weigh in for our cookoff team biggest loser competition and I have been going up lately. I am right back to where I started and I suck. I haven't been logging my food and eating lots more than I need to. I am logging today and want to get back on track again. I don't like gaining weight and know what I need to do. Suck it up and do it already!

Hugs!!! You can do it.

Ditto
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone. It's late in the evening, but it's still Sunday. It's been a laid back day for me. Hung out with the hubs family while he did some dirt work with our tractor at my father in law's house. Now he is doing some dirt work at home. I feel like I haven't really done anything today, but I will be getting on my treadmill and getting the rest of my 10k steps today. I got them yesterday and want to make that my daily goal, along with some lifting again. I didn't get to prep for the week, but I am getting things out of the freezer to be ready to cook this week, so that is at least a step in the right direction. Hope you all had a great weekend.

I have sucked at this for the last couple of weeks. It was Mother's Day yesterday and I never got around to food shopping, so we have no food and no plan. So nothing good will come of this. I have 6-7 hours to come up with a food plan.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday everyone. It's late in the evening, but it's still Sunday. It's been a laid back day for me. Hung out with the hubs family while he did some dirt work with our tractor at my father in law's house. Now he is doing some dirt work at home. I feel like I haven't really done anything today, but I will be getting on my treadmill and getting the rest of my 10k steps today. I got them yesterday and want to make that my daily goal, along with some lifting again. I didn't get to prep for the week, but I am getting things out of the freezer to be ready to cook this week, so that is at least a step in the right direction. Hope you all had a great weekend.

I have sucked at this for the last couple of weeks. It was Mother's Day yesterday and I never got around to food shopping, so we have no food and no plan. So nothing good will come of this. I have 6-7 hours to come up with a food plan.

I am in the same boat this week. I did the grocery shopping, but I have not planned how. To use the food I bought yet. I think. I'll do spaghetti tonight. That's pretty easy.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession - I ate the entire house this weekend. :# I usually have 2-3 days where PMS makes me ravenous, and it happened to fall on the weekend this month. Bad, bad, bad combo.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Confession - I ate the entire house this weekend. :# I usually have 2-3 days where PMS makes me ravenous, and it happened to fall on the weekend this month. Bad, bad, bad combo.

That happened to me on Thursday. :#
  • quiksylver296
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

That happened to me on Thursday. :#

I didn't log or anything. Usually I will. This was a true freak out.

Before church - Protein shake
    After church - eggs, cucumber, grapes
    Uh oh, still hungry - two pieces of toast with a little butter
    Still hungry - two more pieces of toast with a lot of butter
    This day is screwed - Cadbury mini-eggs, a lot of them!!!
    Nap
    Gym
    Waiting for hubby to get home so we can eat dinner - Asian trail mix, the rest of the bag.
    Dinner - a huge 1 lb steak and roasted sweet potatoes
    Dessert - Ginormous bowl of ice cream.

Ugh.

ETA: All right, I went back and logged it...now I need to man up and add it to the journal my trainer sees. :#
    2nidfokmfjxj.jpg
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Oh man this is me! I ate like crap all weekend, bad news bears. Also TOM was messing with my deadlifts (back pain cause cramps), which means I had a mental breakdown/needed all the food.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Oh man this is me! I ate like crap all weekend, bad news bears. Also TOM was messing with my deadlifts (back pain cause cramps), which means I had a mental breakdown/needed all the food.

You guys will recover quickly. You are wonderfully dedicated.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I walked my work stairs with a coworker for an hour yesterday... the first half I though I may have been very close to death but the second half wasn't nearly as bad. I'm .8 from my lowest! I've dropped 3.2 lbs. of water weight in the last 2 days. I just want to drop 4 more lbs. before Vegas so when I go up I can stay under that 260 mark. So frustrating!!!

Great on being so close to your lowest!
  • Oberon21
    Options

You and me both, Lee Ann. I have been a massive failure for months and my weight and fitness shows it. I am trying to get it back together as well.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I'm so ecstatic right now!!! For one I just got my raise yay! And for 2....I have to give you a little background so bare with me haha so I decided I want to be a contracting officer since I'm doing all this training and getting experience with a warrant why let all that go to waste right? (my coworkers know this and so does the contracting supervisor but I haven't mentioned it to my boss yet it's still in the planning realm). So, I finished my training and submitted my paper work for my warrant. (it would give me $10,000 single purchase limit for fire assignments only) I work in acquisition management so they're the people that do contracting and purchasing agents and leases and all that good stuff. So after I tell my coworker that approves the leases that I'm finishing up the paper work he's like ok I'll send you an invitation so you can go on and submit the documents. Then my boss walks in and he's like I need to discuss something with you about a warrant so I'm thinking oh lord did I do something wrong. So, I get the email and it's for a $25,000 warrant and so I go up to him and my boss and everyone is there and I'm like ummm I got the email and it says 25 not 10 and he's like oh does it? Well that's because we decided to give you $25,000 and not only is it for fire but it will be for non fire purchasing also.... I'm like what?! My supervisor yells out HAPPY BIRHTDAY!! Hahaha and then my supervisor says so that mean the Contracting supervisor is going to have to start assigning you work. They made it so I can do higher dollar purchasing to get me experience in the career I want to transition to! I'm so freaking excited right now I could cry!!!

WOOHOOO! I also just got a raise and currently training to be a loan officer for the mortgage broker's here, alll the goodness going around! :smiley:

Congrats to both of you!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    One of my daft little dreams is to one day have a crow that I've trained. We would be best friends! We get all sorts in my garden and I feed the birds but so far nothing like training has occurred.

I read a lot of Arabel's Raven as a kid.

PS: I couldn't quite remember the name of the book so googled Angelica's raven and it is NOT safe for work! Whoops. Don't do it!

Like the time I googled whitehouse.com. The official is whitehouse.org. Don't google .com at work.