Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Heya!
    Did my mock power lifting meet on Saturday, which was freaking awesome! My numbers were190lbs for squat, 90lbs for bench and 255lbs for dead lift, which comes up with a Wilks of 253.4. For those who don't know what Wilks is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilks_Coefficient
    Yesterday we did a giant hike with one of the guys I work with and a few of his friends, we are hoping to make it a Sunday tradition. They brought us to a bunch of coves in the lake where during the summer there are bonfires, I cannot wait for summer! 340rid9j3ib3.jpg

I love your hiking pictures. Such wide open mountain ranges and lakes!
    you look great. When are you going to compete?

My first competition is going to be in October. I am determined to qualify for provincials so I am taking as many hypertrophy/strength cycles that the coach can throw at me between then and there haha

Can we have pictures and a report!

Of course! :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Well done to Payton on his boxing and to everyone achieving awesome fitness goals.

I have succumbed to cadbury's mini eggs. It's far too early but my goodness they're nice!

I have FOUR of the really big bags of mini-eggs in my house currently. I may have a problem.

That would be dangerous for me.

I may buy them on clearance on Easter Sunday" dangerous or not. LOL!
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Porch Kitty brought me a gift today.
    6nadme1yrm0a.jpg
    Look under the table.

Mom's cat has brought us 2 baby rabbits and a mouse. All at the door we use the most. I wish he wasn't so giving.

:D
    He's only helping! My papa loves cats because of this reason, he grew up in Austria during and post WWII aka poor as all heck. Cat's would hunt and bring gifts to their house, they would cook xyz that the cats brought home if things were dire.

That is a bit scary. He/she brought me a Squirrel about a week ago. He/she gutted it and left it on the walkway. Gross.

Gotta do what you can to survive :)
    Cats are such fascinating little creatures! Same with ravens, they collect things and give them to people they like as well :smile:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Today I learned that my hip feels better walking and that squats are definitely out for a bit.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I have surrendered and made an appointment with one of the docs at my PCP's office for 2:15 tomorrow. For a long time I lived in pain from celiac, but I am out of the habit and this is all I can take.

I hope you feel better ASAP, and that the doctor can give you something to kill the pain!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Porch Kitty brought me a gift today.
    6nadme1yrm0a.jpg
    Look under the table.

Mom's cat has brought us 2 baby rabbits and a mouse. All at the door we use the most. I wish he wasn't so giving.

:D
    He's only helping! My papa loves cats because of this reason, he grew up in Austria during and post WWII aka poor as all heck. Cat's would hunt and bring gifts to their house, they would cook xyz that the cats brought home if things were dire.

That is a bit scary. He/she brought me a Squirrel about a week ago. He/she gutted it and left it on the walkway. Gross.

Gotta do what you can to survive :)
    Cats are such fascinating little creatures! Same with ravens, they collect things and give them to people they like as well :smile:

I've read this about crows! They're quite intelligent. I once read a story where a crow learns by observation that people get food when they pay money, so he found a coin and tried to give it to someone in exchange for the food they were holding!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    One of my daft little dreams is to one day have a crow that I've trained. We would be best friends! We get all sorts in my garden and I feed the birds but so far nothing like training has occurred.

I read a lot of Arabel's Raven as a kid.

PS: I couldn't quite remember the name of the book so googled Angelica's raven and it is NOT safe for work! Whoops. Don't do it!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    This was amazing last night. The clouds were even pinker than the picture shows.

mwt1p6bgxsw3.jpg

ThAnkyou for that it is quite incredible!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Nah it irks me too when people provide good info and the poster doesn't read it
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    I'm so ecstatic right now!!! For one I just got my raise yay! And for 2....I have to give you a little background so bare with me haha so I decided I want to be a contracting officer since I'm doing all this training and getting experience with a warrant why let all that go to waste right? (my coworkers know this and so does the contracting supervisor but I haven't mentioned it to my boss yet it's still in the planning realm). So, I finished my training and submitted my paper work for my warrant. (it would give me $10,000 single purchase limit for fire assignments only) I work in acquisition management so they're the people that do contracting and purchasing agents and leases and all that good stuff. So after I tell my coworker that approves the leases that I'm finishing up the paper work he's like ok I'll send you an invitation so you can go on and submit the documents. Then my boss walks in and he's like I need to discuss something with you about a warrant so I'm thinking oh lord did I do something wrong. So, I get the email and it's for a $25,000 warrant and so I go up to him and my boss and everyone is there and I'm like ummm I got the email and it says 25 not 10 and he's like oh does it? Well that's because we decided to give you $25,000 and not only is it for fire but it will be for non fire purchasing also.... I'm like what?! My supervisor yells out HAPPY BIRHTDAY!! Hahaha and then my supervisor says so that mean the Contracting supervisor is going to have to start assigning you work. They made it so I can do higher dollar purchasing to get me experience in the career I want to transition to! I'm so freaking excited right now I could cry!!!

WOOHOOO! I also just got a raise and currently training to be a loan officer for the mortgage broker's here, alll the goodness going around! :smiley:
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm so ecstatic right now!!! For one I just got my raise yay! And for 2....I have to give you a little background so bare with me haha so I decided I want to be a contracting officer since I'm doing all this training and getting experience with a warrant why let all that go to waste right? (my coworkers know this and so does the contracting supervisor but I haven't mentioned it to my boss yet it's still in the planning realm). So, I finished my training and submitted my paper work for my warrant. (it would give me $10,000 single purchase limit for fire assignments only) I work in acquisition management so they're the people that do contracting and purchasing agents and leases and all that good stuff. So after I tell my coworker that approves the leases that I'm finishing up the paper work he's like ok I'll send you an invitation so you can go on and submit the documents. Then my boss walks in and he's like I need to discuss something with you about a warrant so I'm thinking oh lord did I do something wrong. So, I get the email and it's for a $25,000 warrant and so I go up to him and my boss and everyone is there and I'm like ummm I got the email and it says 25 not 10 and he's like oh does it? Well that's because we decided to give you $25,000 and not only is it for fire but it will be for non fire purchasing also.... I'm like what?! My supervisor yells out HAPPY BIRHTDAY!! Hahaha and then my supervisor says so that mean the Contracting supervisor is going to have to start assigning you work. They made it so I can do higher dollar purchasing to get me experience in the career I want to transition to! I'm so freaking excited right now I could cry!!!

WOOHOOO! I also just got a raise and currently training to be a loan officer for the mortgage broker's here, alll the goodness going around! :smiley:

So awesome congrats!!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Yay, Vix!!! Congratulations!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I am grounded from lifting for a week or so. I have had a Toradol shot and will start a steroid dose pack tomorrow. The shot is working though. I am feeling less pain and a bit sleepy.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the raises @MsFlabULess @MissKalhan
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I am grounded from lifting for a week or so. I have had a Toradol shot and will start a steroid dose pack tomorrow. The shot is working though. I am feeling less pain and a bit sleepy.

Glad it's working!!!
  • raymax4
    Options

That is a wonderful birthday present! How exciting!
  • raymax4
    Options

It stinks getting grounded, but trust the process and get better my friend!