Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the raises to both of you! And I'm glad you're in less pain, Mel, although being grounded stinks. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Ditto'ing Susie!

Hi, by the way!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kelly!

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! Glad it is Thursday, although I must confess that my logging and eating have both been very poorly done lately.

Congrats on both your raises, extra money is always a good thing. Mel, hang in there. You will be back to lifting before you know it.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kelly!! And hi Lee Ann!! :)
  • crosbylee
    Options
    Hey Susie!!!!
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the raises @MsFlabULess @MissKalhan

Thank you!
  • MsFlabULess
    edited March 2017
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I'm so ecstatic right now!!! For one I just got my raise yay! And for 2....I have to give you a little background so bare with me haha so I decided I want to be a contracting officer since I'm doing all this training and getting experience with a warrant why let all that go to waste right? (my coworkers know this and so does the contracting supervisor but I haven't mentioned it to my boss yet it's still in the planning realm). So, I finished my training and submitted my paper work for my warrant. (it would give me $10,000 single purchase limit for fire assignments only) I work in acquisition management so they're the people that do contracting and purchasing agents and leases and all that good stuff. So after I tell my coworker that approves the leases that I'm finishing up the paper work he's like ok I'll send you an invitation so you can go on and submit the documents. Then my boss walks in and he's like I need to discuss something with you about a warrant so I'm thinking oh lord did I do something wrong. So, I get the email and it's for a $25,000 warrant and so I go up to him and my boss and everyone is there and I'm like ummm I got the email and it says 25 not 10 and he's like oh does it? Well that's because we decided to give you $25,000 and not only is it for fire but it will be for non fire purchasing also.... I'm like what?! My supervisor yells out HAPPY BIRHTDAY!! Hahaha and then my supervisor says so that mean the Contracting supervisor is going to have to start assigning you work. They made it so I can do higher dollar purchasing to get me experience in the career I want to transition to! I'm so freaking excited right now I could cry!!!

That is a wonderful birthday present! How exciting!
    Congrats on the raises to both of you! And I'm glad you're in less pain, Mel, although being grounded stinks. :)

Thanks both of you!!
  • MsFlabULess
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Good morning ladies!! Glad it is Thursday, although I must confess that my logging and eating have both been very poorly done lately.

Congrats on both your raises, extra money is always a good thing. Mel, hang in there. You will be back to lifting before you know it.

And thank you Crosby!
  • MsFlabULess
    Options
    I walked my work stairs with a coworker for an hour yesterday... the first half I though I may have been very close to death but the second half wasn't nearly as bad. I'm .8 from my lowest! I've dropped 3.2 lbs. of water weight in the last 2 days. I just want to drop 4 more lbs. before Vegas so when I go up I can stay under that 260 mark. So frustrating!!!
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't log the last meal of the day and close out my diary most of the time because I know I probably went over. >_<.

I really only log the mornings and lunch, because I know if I have about 800 calories left for dinner I'm good. I usually workout like a fiend, so it ends up ok. I can't workout for two weeks, so I've been trying to be better with logging.

I think 1200 calories a day sucks. I specifically work out so that I can eat more than that (About 1500-1700). I don't see how all these people who don't eat back their exercise calories function.

I have the beginnings a "stacked" body -- like I'm curvy and toned at the same time. The only thing that I'm not happy with right now is my belly. It's just pudgy and out of place with the rest of me -- it seriously sucks. If I can master this logging and eating better thing, and I get back in the gym, I am going to burn this sucker off.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @jbirdgreen welcome and you can do this. I am also grounded from anything more strenuous than yoga for 1-2 weeks. And I am on steroids for the same injury. I feel your pain.
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @jbirdgreen welcome and you can do this. I am also grounded from anything more strenuous than yoga for 1-2 weeks. And I am on steroids for the same injury. I feel your pain.
    Thank you, and aww man about your injury. Here's to kicking butt and taking names when we get back in the gym!
  • MsFlabULess
    Options
    jbirdgreen wrote: »
    I don't log the last meal of the day and close out my diary most of the time because I know I probably went over. >_<.

I really only log the mornings and lunch, because I know if I have about 800 calories left for dinner I'm good. I usually workout like a fiend, so it ends up ok. I can't workout for two weeks, so I've been trying to be better with logging.

I think 1200 calories a day sucks. I specifically work out so that I can eat more than that (About 1500-1700). I don't see how all these people who don't eat back their exercise calories function.

I have the beginnings a "stacked" body -- like I'm curvy and toned at the same time. The only thing that I'm not happy with right now is my belly. It's just pudgy and out of place with the rest of me -- it seriously sucks. If I can master this logging and eating better thing, and I get back in the gym, I am going to burn this sucker off.

Welcome! I was doing the same thing with logging. I'd log all my meals and snacks and everything but after I closed my diary sour patch kids or something would be calling me so I'd never log them...anything I put in my mouth after I closed my diary would never get logged. I'm trying to make a conscious effort to log everything! You got this girl!!
  • crosbylee
    Options
    I have felt like a huge ball of fail lately. I have to weigh in for our cookoff team biggest loser competition and I have been going up lately. I am right back to where I started and I suck. I haven't been logging my food and eating lots more than I need to. I am logging today and want to get back on track again. I don't like gaining weight and know what I need to do. Suck it up and do it already!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Totally been at this last part, stomach issues I swear are so deeply ingrained in us women. I'm still not 100% happy with it but ehhh.
  • MsFlabULess
    Options
    I have felt like a huge ball of fail lately. I have to weigh in for our cookoff team biggest loser competition and I have been going up lately. I am right back to where I started and I suck. I haven't been logging my food and eating lots more than I need to. I am logging today and want to get back on track again. I don't like gaining weight and know what I need to do. Suck it up and do it already!

I'm sorry you're feeling that way! You just owned up to what you've been doing so you're already headed in the right direction! I'm rooting for you, you got this!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hugs! It's hard! I know I need to rein in the junk food & start eating more meals that will keep me satiated for longer.

I have at least cut down my soda consumption to one can/bottle a day; hopefully, that will soon be down to zero once I finish my last bottle tomorrow.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

I agree with the bolded statement.
    It also seems harder as I get closer to my goal.
    My body is very good at tracking what I eat, to not put it into my diary makes not difference to it. It will still show me what I have done.
    I log what I eat no matter how disappointing. I have been surprised at times that what I logged was not as bad as I thought it would be.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

I wish you did not feel that way about yourself.
    It is hard keeping on track especially when you have everything planned out and then they get together at work and order out from some wonderful place for lunch. I either buy in and wish I had more will power or regret not buying in when the food comes with all the wonderful smells that go along with it. There is no way to be happy for me in those situations.
    I know you got this!