Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Why is Easter candy so hard for me to resist? I mean there are holiday-centric candies all year, but Easter kills me. Mini eggs, Peeps, jelly beans, the Reeses Pieces in the bags that look like carrots! ARrrghhh!

Reese's eggs. Starburst jelly beans. Cadbury mini-eggs. SO. MUCH. YUM.

Better than Christmas. The only Christmas candy I have to have is Candy Cane Hershey kisses.

Christmas is worse for me. That is when all the special cakes come out. Christmas cake, mince pies, Christmas pudding, Pantone. Mmmmmmm. I could leave Easter. I only just bought my first little tube of mini eggs today.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 that would be very cool! And I was very hardcore keto for about a year until I hit goal and then my weight loss knew zero brakes. I fell to 123 (5'10" at most recent measure) even with ratcheting the calorie load up into the mid 3000's and someone I really respect in the community suggested CKD. CKD was a bad idea, I feel completely off for a couple of weeks, gained back up to 133 and have had nothing but issues since re-adapting (this is a mental issue largely). Keto really is the superior fueling method for me in distance applications- glycogen had my mileage looking erratic af :/ . Let me know if you discover a magical carb number against 10-20k a day!

@MissKalhan even though your form isn't what you wanted is your shoulder feeling okay? Been thinking about you!

@quiksylver296 lame that you got your carbs cut :( . Though admittedly this is why I've considered looking into one this winter- someone to yell at me lol

Is CKD the one where you carbload one day a week or just before your work out? I get CKD and TKD mixed up. I was considering having carbs just before I lift to help me out in the early mornings. Like a pre-workout shake on the way to the gym, or during.

On that topic, the MIL is giving us a load of chocolate for Easter, I was considering taking mini eggs out on a run with me and everytime I burn off the correct amount of calories I eat another one. It'll be like putting the sugar to use straight away.

Brilliant! I have three ginormous bags of mini-eggs still. That's a LOT of running... :o

:lol: Yeah, I don't know how many calories there are to a mini egg. Or how long it takes me to burn that many calories. It'll probably be 5 eggs per 30 minute run or something upsetting.

I know it's like 220 calories for 12 eggs...

Math... 18 calories per egg.

According to my Fitbit, my last 20 min run burnt 362Kcals. That's 20(ish) eggs. I could probably deal with that, :+1:

And I might not feel like I'm dying because I'll be pumped with sugar. :lol:

This sounds like a good plan to me.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Easter food. Haven't even thought about it. Might not bother as it's just my immediate family this year or we might go out for lunch.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am irrationally offended by this gift from my manager. Not only is it the thing I gave up for Lent, and she knew that, but also half of this candy has gluten in it.
    Lord, help me to be gracious when people don't understand me.
    lgfd9hnedd11.jpg

That would be frustrating. Re-gift?

I was thinking re-gift. Or at least save the bits you can eat until after Lent and re-gift the rest.
    It's nice that she gave you something

This was my thought.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I am irrationally offended by this gift from my manager. Not only is it the thing I gave up for Lent, and she knew that, but also half of this candy has gluten in it.
    lgfd9hnedd11.jpg

I was thinking re-gift. Or at least save the bits you can eat until after Lent and re-gift the rest.

This was my thought.

I totally admit to being a jerk for not appreciating the gift. And I also admit that it's not rational to expect her to consider my religious sensibilities when they are not hers.

I am not a manager here because I don't want to buy something like this for 20 people for every single holiday. If I were, however, I would like to believe that I would never give one of those 20 people a gift that they can't have.

If she were thoughtful of me, she would have not put gluten in it and she would have said, "I have one for you, but I will keep it until Lent is over." I would have appreciated that much more than I appreciate being treated like a 5 year old who needs to be bribed with candy periodically.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of the "just one bite," rule. If it's just one bite, I don't always feel compelled to log it. D'oh!

Funny when I started what kept me form that bite is, I made a pact that I had to log everything before I ate it. Being quite the grazer, and having to log every thing before the bite, made me put down an awful lot of bites.
    For me if it was not worth logging it was not worth biting. CREATING wait for it... a calorie deficit!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    lgfd9hnedd11.jpg

This was my thought.

I totally admit to being a jerk for not appreciating the gift. And I also admit that it's not rational to expect her to consider my religious sensibilities when they are not hers.

I am not a manager here because I don't want to buy something like this for 20 people for every single holiday. If I were, however, I would like to believe that I would never give one of those 20 people a gift that they can't have.

If she were thoughtful of me, she would have not put gluten in it and she would have said, "I have one for you, but I will keep it until Lent is over." I would have appreciated that much more than I appreciate being treated like a 5 year old who needs to be bribed with candy periodically.

Oh no I didn't think you were a jerk. We don't get Easter gifts at work (I didn't know if it was an American thing or just an over-generous boss) so I just thought it was nice of her to buy you something. By you saying you are irrationally offended I gathered you knew you shouldn't be. :)

However, if I knew I had to buy for 20 people, I admit I would bulk buy like your boss. Tailoring for 20 people must be hard. But then I would have to accept that some people would probably trade or give it away.
  • raymax4
    edited April 2017
    Options
    lgfd9hnedd11.jpg

The blaggard! Well Maybe she wanted to just say happy easter. and did not say it so well.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Is everybody doing something delicious for Easter brunch/dinner? I'm actually going to my sister's in-laws and have no idea what is going to be served. I'm taking lemon blueberry cream cheese coffee cake, though, and I can't wait to have a big ol' piece of it. I will log the best I can, but zero care is going to be taken to stay within calories/macros.

Lemon blueberry cream cheese coffee cake
    nhi50pp5bqg6.jpg

I would log a bite of that!
  • raymax4
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 that would be very cool! And I was very hardcore keto for about a year until I hit goal and then my weight loss knew zero brakes. I fell to 123 (5'10" at most recent measure) even with ratcheting the calorie load up into the mid 3000's and someone I really respect in the community suggested CKD. CKD was a bad idea, I feel completely off for a couple of weeks, gained back up to 133 and have had nothing but issues since re-adapting (this is a mental issue largely). Keto really is the superior fueling method for me in distance applications- glycogen had my mileage looking erratic af :/ . Let me know if you discover a magical carb number against 10-20k a day!

@MissKalhan even though your form isn't what you wanted is your shoulder feeling okay? Been thinking about you!

@quiksylver296 lame that you got your carbs cut :( . Though admittedly this is why I've considered looking into one this winter- someone to yell at me lol

Is CKD the one where you carbload one day a week or just before your work out? I get CKD and TKD mixed up. I was considering having carbs just before I lift to help me out in the early mornings. Like a pre-workout shake on the way to the gym, or during.

On that topic, the MIL is giving us a load of chocolate for Easter, I was considering taking mini eggs out on a run with me and everytime I burn off the correct amount of calories I eat another one. It'll be like putting the sugar to use straight away. @Oberon21 Isn't that what you do on triathlons? Have gummy sweets or something like that.

When I did the half marathon I had something like that but they were posed as electrolyte replacement too. I ate two packs. That night I looked at the package and discovered that the nutritional information was for a half pack. They were loaded with sugar :o:s That did give me quite and energy surge though!
  • raymax4
    Options
    Why is Easter candy so hard for me to resist? I mean there are holiday-centric candies all year, but Easter kills me. Mini eggs, Peeps, jelly beans, the Reeses Pieces in the bags that look like carrots! ARrrghhh!

Better than Christmas. The only Christmas candy I have to have is Candy Cane Hershey kisses.

Christmas is worse for me. That is when all the special cakes come out. Christmas cake, mince pies, Christmas pudding, Pantone. Mmmmmmm. I could leave Easter. I only just bought my first little tube of mini eggs today.

Costco had mini ginger bread muffins this Christmas. They severely diminished my weight loss.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Wendy, who is that bungee jumping in your picture?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    No particular Easter plans here except I expect we'll do lots of DIY and garden work.

I do have my booking in appointment with the midwife on Thursday, which I am looking forward to an irrational amount. It's just form-filling and blood tests, but it makes it all feel a little more 'real'.

I do have a Lindt Easter egg tucked away in a cupboard, with some of those tiny red eggs with the world's most delicious filling. I am really looking forward to that!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins I know what you mean about thoughtless work gifts. Every year my work gives out bottles of wine at Christmas. I do not drink, I have never drunk. Even when I was heavily pregnant with Andrew they gave me a bottle of wine, but regardless I've worked here long enough that they all know I don't drink. Never mind, I think my parents appreciate it when I inevitably give it to them a couple of weeks later.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Wendy, who is that bungee jumping in your picture?

Our youngest went to Germany this summer With the college german language class. After he spent a month exploring Norway, Switzerland, and England. You may recall my mentioning that we have raised them to be fearless. He had many adventures. This was bungee jumping out of a perfectly good gondola over a Swiss lake.
    The pictures he brought back were fantastic.

Wow that sounds like an amazing trip! Even though I live in England, I'm jealous ha ha ha.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Is everybody doing something delicious for Easter brunch/dinner? I'm actually going to my sister's in-laws and have no idea what is going to be served. I'm taking lemon blueberry cream cheese coffee cake, though, and I can't wait to have a big ol' piece of it. I will log the best I can, but zero care is going to be taken to stay within calories/macros.

nhi50pp5bqg6.jpg

I'm visiting my sister and her family! I leave Thursday night and leave Tuesday afternoon to head back home, all I know is there will be Church and a trip for vegan foods heh.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Costco had mini ginger bread muffins this Christmas. They severely diminished my weight loss.

Meanwhile the vegan over here is like... I can do dark chocolate, depending on the brand.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

nhi50pp5bqg6.jpg

I'm visiting my sister and her family! I leave Thursday night and leave Tuesday afternoon to head back home, all I know is there will be Church and a trip for vegan foods heh.

New nephew!!!