Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Confession: I am currently trying something dietary that scares the kittens right out of me but something has to give. Also I took a progress photo earlier since I hadn't in a while- kind of feeling like I ran an unintentional bulk, only running 80-100k a week instead of progressive overload programming...only that isn't a thing lol. Oh my brains -_- !

Inquiring mind(s) want to know, what are you trying?

Different carb threshold approach basically. I want to see if running my current training load could theoretically keep me floating in and out of ketosis on an increased carb macro. I don't want to eff up so bad I have to re- fat adapt before Banff because there is no.goddamn.time. but I also need to balance that with the speed goals I need to hit in June (really hoping to Boston qualify this season). Me and carbs are not a great combo historically so I have to keep a tight lid on it.

Good luck!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Confession: I took my last anti-anxiety pill this morning, tomorrow I am going to be officially unmedicated for the first time in just over two years. I'm one part excited and one part terrified.

Best of luck. My folders and toes are crossed for you to stay off of them.

Auto correct wins again! Unless Mel is really gong to cross her folders :p

There are enough of them at my desk to do that, but I did mean fingers. Earlier today I sent my husband a text and it corrected something to "lifting chicken"

Lifting chickens would be very hard.... ;)

I had a mental picture of the chicken trying to deadlift, actually.

Oh I had a picture in my head of a chicken replacing the dumbells.

That's what I first pictured too, but a chicken trying to deadlift is a lot funnier to imagine! hahaha

Hi Mo!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: I took my last anti-anxiety pill this morning, tomorrow I am going to be officially unmedicated for the first time in just over two years. I'm one part excited and one part terrified.

There are enough of them at my desk to do that, but I did mean fingers. Earlier today I sent my husband a text and it corrected something to "lifting chicken"

That's what I first pictured too, but a chicken trying to deadlift is a lot funnier to imagine! hahaha

Hi Mo!!!

But if a chicken could deadlift, think how much more protein would be on a fried chicken leg.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

Hi Mo!!!

But if a chicken could deadlift, think how much more protein would be on a fried chicken leg.

:open_mouth: I think this should happen. Or would that be animal cruelty? It can deadlift, but only if it chose to. It should be given the opportunity! It would be like a Hulk chicken.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I swear I had you in there!!! It freaked out on me when posting and deleted things. Maybe it got you?!?

Likely story, Quik. I thought we were homies.

:'(
  • quiksylver296
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So, I admitted my food freakout of the last couple weeks to my trainer. So he cut my carbs. OUCH!!! I've been back on track for six days now, and I'm back down to 171 - which is where I was pre-freakout.

My allergies are KILLING me, though. Passed on church yesterday and got extra sleep because I was so wiped out. Still felt pretty crummy at the gym yesterday afternoon. Had to bail on 205 lb squats. :#
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited April 2017
    Options

I swear I had you in there!!! It freaked out on me when posting and deleted things. Maybe it got you?!?

You can be my Homie, Quik. We will need to meet in Wichita though since it's midway, so we may as well let Mo take us to Pizza ranch.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

You can be my Homie, Quik. We will need to meet in Wichita though since it's midway, so we may as well let Mo take us to Pizza ranch.

That sounds like a plan!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Benched today, it went well. My form is still shyte but there is improvements compared to before so yay. I would love it if I could figure all of this out already :/
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Benched today, it went well. My form is still shyte but there is improvements compared to before so yay. I would love it if I could figure all of this out already :/

Right? I always feel that when one lift is clicking, the others kinds fall apart. :s
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @Lois_1989 that would be very cool! And I was very hardcore keto for about a year until I hit goal and then my weight loss knew zero brakes. I fell to 123 (5'10" at most recent measure) even with ratcheting the calorie load up into the mid 3000's and someone I really respect in the community suggested CKD. CKD was a bad idea, I feel completely off for a couple of weeks, gained back up to 133 and have had nothing but issues since re-adapting (this is a mental issue largely). Keto really is the superior fueling method for me in distance applications- glycogen had my mileage looking erratic af :/ . Let me know if you discover a magical carb number against 10-20k a day!

@MissKalhan even though your form isn't what you wanted is your shoulder feeling okay? Been thinking about you!

@quiksylver296 lame that you got your carbs cut :( . Though admittedly this is why I've considered looking into one this winter- someone to yell at me lol
  • MissKalhan
    Options

Right? I always feel that when one lift is clicking, the others kinds fall apart. :s

Bench is the bane of my existence. The rest of it, I am figuring out a lot quicker. I have a few bad habits that need to be stopped. Lol
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    @Lois_1989 that would be very cool! And I was very hardcore keto for about a year until I hit goal and then my weight loss knew zero brakes. I fell to 123 (5'10" at most recent measure) even with ratcheting the calorie load up into the mid 3000's and someone I really respect in the community suggested CKD. CKD was a bad idea, I feel completely off for a couple of weeks, gained back up to 133 and have had nothing but issues since re-adapting (this is a mental issue largely). Keto really is the superior fueling method for me in distance applications- glycogen had my mileage looking erratic af :/ . Let me know if you discover a magical carb number against 10-20k a day!

@MissKalhan even though your form isn't what you wanted is your shoulder feeling okay? Been thinking about you!

@quiksylver296 lame that you got your carbs cut :( . Though admittedly this is why I've considered looking into one this winter- someone to yell at me lol

Yep! As I said, it's semi normal. A weekend of rest was a good thing, coach has me benching twice a week now vs three times a week. I'm doing strict press instead for one of the days, which still inforces the shoulder etc but is a lot easier on it.
  • JessicaMcB
    Options

Yep! As I said, it's semi normal. A weekend of rest was a good thing, coach has me benching twice a week now vs three times a week. I'm doing strict press instead for one of the days, which still inforces the shoulder etc but is a lot easier on it.

You're a tough bird getting back at it right away- good for you!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

Oh I'm afraid I can't even run 5k a day, I would love to, and I could 18 months ago, but life happened and I put I load of weight back on and haven't got back to it yet. Know Keto is my answer, I just haven't found the dedication to it yet.
    I would slowly increase carbs until you find the sweet spot, but I know that is easier said that done. Good luck with your experiment!
  • JessicaMcB
    Options
    Thanks @Lois_1989 ! I'm lucky I structured my season the way I did so that all my heavily time dependant races are condensed into June and my ultras are August and (hopefully!) October. So if I eff up and completely trash my shot at BQing at least I'll have enough time to salvage the half of my season that is less about speed, more about pain ;) haha

@quiksylver296 that is exciting! She'll have a great resource in you! I love the photo you included in thread, you look so great.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Thanks @Lois_1989 ! I'm lucky I structured my season the way I did so that all my heavily time dependant races are condensed into June and my ultras are August and (hopefully!) October. So if I eff up and completely trash my shot at BQing at least I'll have enough time to salvage the half of my season that is less about speed, more about pain ;) haha

@quiksylver296 that is exciting! She'll have a great resource in you! I love the photo you included in thread, you look so great.

That's the very first photo where I think I almost see abs peeking out. o:)
  • JessicaMcB
    Options

I find the whole abs classification thing confusing honestly. I can't say I've ever seen a woman with full shred in real life (maybe I know the wrong people lol). I'd say you have nice abs period in that photo!
  • MissKalhan
    Options

I find the whole abs classification thing confusing honestly. I can't say I've ever seen a woman with full shred in real life (maybe I know the wrong people lol). I'd say you have nice abs period in that photo!

I have abs sorta kinda! I'm over the whole shredded look, HOWEVER I'm totally okay if more visable muscle on my lower and upper body show up. Fat booty pleaseee