Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I confess that I skipped Cub Scouts tonight to fold and put away two weeks worth of laundry. I don't know what possessed me to think that my kids would fold their own while I am working overtime. (sigh)
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I confess that I skipped Cub Scouts tonight to fold and put away two weeks worth of laundry. I don't know what possessed me to think that my kids would fold their own while I am working overtime. (sigh)

As potentially the only person in my house that even knows the laundry room exists/is not in fact a passage to Narnia, I feel for you. Way to get it done mama!
  • ConquerAndBloom
    ConquerAndBloom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of the "just one bite," rule. If it's just one bite, I don't always feel compelled to log it. D'oh!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Thanks @Lois_1989 ! I'm lucky I structured my season the way I did so that all my heavily time dependant races are condensed into June and my ultras are August and (hopefully!) October. So if I eff up and completely trash my shot at BQing at least I'll have enough time to salvage the half of my season that is less about speed, more about pain ;) haha

@quiksylver296 that is exciting! She'll have a great resource in you! I love the photo you included in thread, you look so great.

That's the very first photo where I think I almost see abs peeking out. o:)

I find the whole abs classification thing confusing honestly. I can't say I've ever seen a woman with full shred in real life (maybe I know the wrong people lol). I'd say you have nice abs period in that photo!

I have abs sorta kinda! I'm over the whole shredded look, HOWEVER I'm totally okay if more visable muscle on my lower and upper body show up. Fat booty pleaseee

You are well on your way to da squat booty ;) ! I have a lot of respect for anyone who can go low enough bf% to get full shred but I know the likelihood of me ever being there is very (very lol) low. My pregnancy stretchmarks are so deep I look like a very wrinkly mauled person so it likely would never look right anyway. Now legs like a Runner's World model...I want those :')
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of the "just one bite," rule. If it's just one bite, I don't always feel compelled to log it. D'oh!

I guess it depends on how many of those bites happen in one day.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

I guess it depends on how many of those bites happen in one day.

I've been known to fit a whole doughnut in one bite as well. Pretty sure that should be logged.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I am irrationally offended by this gift from my manager. Not only is it the thing I gave up for Lent, and she knew that, but also half of this candy has gluten in it.
    Lord, help me to be gracious when people don't understand me.
    lgfd9hnedd11.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I am irrationally offended by this gift from my manager. Not only is it the thing I gave up for Lent, and she knew that, but also half of this candy has gluten in it.
    lgfd9hnedd11.jpg

That would be frustrating. Re-gift?
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    lgfd9hnedd11.jpg

That would be frustrating. Re-gift?

I was thinking re-gift. Or at least save the bits you can eat until after Lent and re-gift the rest.
    It's nice that she gave you something.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Is everybody doing something delicious for Easter brunch/dinner? I'm actually going to my sister's in-laws and have no idea what is going to be served. I'm taking lemon blueberry cream cheese coffee cake, though, and I can't wait to have a big ol' piece of it. I will log the best I can, but zero care is going to be taken to stay within calories/macros.

Lemon blueberry cream cheese coffee cake
    nhi50pp5bqg6.jpg

Sweet Jesus. That looks amazing. We're going to my BIL's for Easter dinner. Ham, I'm sure. I'm kind of 'meh' about that. While the meals he prepares are always delicious, he has no concept of time. If he says we're eating at 2, that really means 5.
  • Lois_1989
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @Lois_1989 that would be very cool! And I was very hardcore keto for about a year until I hit goal and then my weight loss knew zero brakes. I fell to 123 (5'10" at most recent measure) even with ratcheting the calorie load up into the mid 3000's and someone I really respect in the community suggested CKD. CKD was a bad idea, I feel completely off for a couple of weeks, gained back up to 133 and have had nothing but issues since re-adapting (this is a mental issue largely). Keto really is the superior fueling method for me in distance applications- glycogen had my mileage looking erratic af :/ . Let me know if you discover a magical carb number against 10-20k a day!

@MissKalhan even though your form isn't what you wanted is your shoulder feeling okay? Been thinking about you!

@quiksylver296 lame that you got your carbs cut :( . Though admittedly this is why I've considered looking into one this winter- someone to yell at me lol

Is CKD the one where you carbload one day a week or just before your work out? I get CKD and TKD mixed up. I was considering having carbs just before I lift to help me out in the early mornings. Like a pre-workout shake on the way to the gym, or during.

On that topic, the MIL is giving us a load of chocolate for Easter, I was considering taking mini eggs out on a run with me and everytime I burn off the correct amount of calories I eat another one. It'll be like putting the sugar to use straight away. @Oberon21 Isn't that what you do on triathlons? Have gummy sweets or something like that.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 that would be very cool! And I was very hardcore keto for about a year until I hit goal and then my weight loss knew zero brakes. I fell to 123 (5'10" at most recent measure) even with ratcheting the calorie load up into the mid 3000's and someone I really respect in the community suggested CKD. CKD was a bad idea, I feel completely off for a couple of weeks, gained back up to 133 and have had nothing but issues since re-adapting (this is a mental issue largely). Keto really is the superior fueling method for me in distance applications- glycogen had my mileage looking erratic af :/ . Let me know if you discover a magical carb number against 10-20k a day!

@MissKalhan even though your form isn't what you wanted is your shoulder feeling okay? Been thinking about you!

@quiksylver296 lame that you got your carbs cut :( . Though admittedly this is why I've considered looking into one this winter- someone to yell at me lol

Is CKD the one where you carbload one day a week or just before your work out? I get CKD and TKD mixed up. I was considering having carbs just before I lift to help me out in the early mornings. Like a pre-workout shake on the way to the gym, or during.

On that topic, the MIL is giving us a load of chocolate for Easter, I was considering taking mini eggs out on a run with me and everytime I burn off the correct amount of calories I eat another one. It'll be like putting the sugar to use straight away.

Brilliant! I have three ginormous bags of mini-eggs still. That's a LOT of running... :o
  • Lois_1989
    edited April 2017
    Options

On that topic, the MIL is giving us a load of chocolate for Easter, I was considering taking mini eggs out on a run with me and everytime I burn off the correct amount of calories I eat another one. It'll be like putting the sugar to use straight away.

Brilliant! I have three ginormous bags of mini-eggs still. That's a LOT of running... :o

:lol: Yeah, I don't know how many calories there are to a mini egg. Or how long it takes me to burn that many calories. It'll probably be 5 eggs per 30 minute run or something upsetting.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Why is Easter candy so hard for me to resist? I mean there are holiday-centric candies all year, but Easter kills me. Mini eggs, Peeps, jelly beans, the Reeses Pieces in the bags that look like carrots! ARrrghhh!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

:lol: Yeah, I don't know how many calories there are to a mini egg. Or how long it takes me to burn that many calories. It'll probably be 5 eggs per 30 minute run or something upsetting.

I know it's like 220 calories for 12 eggs...

Math... 18 calories per egg.
  • quiksylver296
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Why is Easter candy so hard for me to resist? I mean there are holiday-centric candies all year, but Easter kills me. Mini eggs, Peeps, jelly beans, the Reeses Pieces in the bags that look like carrots! ARrrghhh!

Reese's eggs. Starburst jelly beans. Cadbury mini-eggs. SO. MUCH. YUM.

Better than Christmas. The only Christmas candy I have to have is Candy Cane Hershey kisses.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Is everybody doing something delicious for Easter brunch/dinner? I'm actually going to my sister's in-laws and have no idea what is going to be served. I'm taking lemon blueberry cream cheese coffee cake, though, and I can't wait to have a big ol' piece of it. I will log the best I can, but zero care is going to be taken to stay within calories/macros.

Lemon blueberry cream cheese coffee cake
    nhi50pp5bqg6.jpg

We are going up to see Danny's Dad. Friday is a rugby match, Saturday is a beer festival and I have no idea about Sunday but Monday we'll be driving back. It's supposed to rain Friday and Monday though :neutral:
  • Lois_1989
    edited April 2017
    Options

I know it's like 220 calories for 12 eggs...

Math... 18 calories per egg.

According to my Fitbit, my last 20 min run burnt 362Kcals. That's 20(ish) eggs. I could probably deal with that, :+1:

And I might not feel like I'm dying because I'll be pumped with sugar. :lol:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Jelly beans are my nemesis. I would have blown it today if there were jelly beans in that glass.