Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    @quiksylver296, where were you guys?! It looks gorgeous!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Porch kitty - 6
    Rodents - 0

I am sorry that she is bringing you the evidence, POF, but I am glad she's keeping them out of your house.

Squirrels? Chipmunks? :'(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited May 2017
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Porch kitty - 6
    Rodents - 0

I am sorry that she is bringing you the evidence, POF, but I am glad she's keeping them out of your house.

Squirrels? Chipmunks? :'(

As far as I am aware they are members of the rodent family. Let me double check that... It's a smart phone.

ETA from Wikipedia: Squirrels are members of the family Sciuridae, a family that includes small or medium-size rodents. The squirrel family includes tree squirrels, ground squirrels, chipmunks, marmots (including woodchucks), flying squirrels, and prairie dogs amongst other rodents.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I had my birth options appointment this morning and boy did it take FOREVER!

I arrived at the hospital at half 9. It was 10.30 before I saw anyone (app was 9.45) and that was a nurse doing the usual obs. Which was fairly pointless since I have a midwife appointment tomorrow anyway, where all this stuff will be repeated. Then I sat in a corridor for half an hour. Then it was established some of the paperwork was wrong, so they fixed that. Then I waited another half hour. Then I finally saw a consultant who wasn't the one I was booked to see. We had a very insightful conversation and I made my views on giving birth clear. She disappeared for a bit to run this by the doctor I was supposed to see. They all agreed, and I am scheduled for a c-section!! Then I spent another 20 minutes booking various follow up appointments and getting lost trying to find the ultrasound department.

TLDR: CS booked, very relieved, 20 minute appointment took 2.5 hours.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Dang, they had a lively thread that just got shut down. I was about to reply but I guess it got zapped while I was reading it. Major troll with three accounts caps shouting about physics and calories. It got a little weird.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    @quiksylver296, where were you guys?! It looks gorgeous!

Lake Cascade State Park, Cascade, Idaho.
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    I return just so I can go on a week hiatus! Stomach flu :confounded: but anywho! Today is my baby's 3rd birthday :cry: so sad!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    I return just so I can go on a week hiatus! Stomach flu :confounded: but anywho! Today is my baby's 3rd birthday :cry: so sad!

Happy birthday Little MsFlabULess!!
  • MsFlabULess

Happy birthday Little MsFlabULess!!

Aww thank you!! :heart:
  • quiksylver296

Hope you're feeling better. Happy belated to the little!
  • quiksylver296
    Busy week at work so far, which is a nice change. But between our home air conditioning breaking, the sprinkler system going on the fritz and the computer crashing, the home issues are driving me batty. No air conditioner equals little sleep, and I'm pretty frazzled.

I'm also trying to keep up with my new workout schedule my trainer gave me. In order to get everything done, I have to do 2-a-day workouts at least twice a week. So far, it's exhausting. I don't deal well with changes to my routine. It takes me a long time to adjust.

I'm still not sure I love my new bed. But I can't decide if my bad sleeping is because of the bed or the lack of air conditioning, or a combination of the two.

And...I fired my housekeeper this morning (wow, that sounds pretentious) . I'm not going to pay someone $27 an hour to do a half-*kitten* job. She only came in once every two weeks. But she didn't do dishes or "pick up." So I had to clean house before she came to clean house. What's the point?!? I think my previous housekeeper spoiled me. But she was a family friend and took really good care of us. I miss her!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    I hope it is just the A/C being out and not the bed! It seems like it is always everything at one time when something goes wrong. I don't blame you on the housekeeper though. I wouldn't want to have to 'clean the house' before she cleans the house. I would expect they were doing some deep cleaning if I were doing that.
  • MsFlabULess

Hope you're feeling better. Happy belated to the little!

I'm getting there and thank you! She had a blast!

• MsFlabULess
    I'm starting a challenge for myself from June 3rd to July 3rd...no sweets! Lord help me! I feel like I keep going up and down losing and regaining so I really need to buckle down log everything and get my *kitten* in the gym! Hopefully by July 3 I'll be below my lowest! If I could hold out on weighing until then that would be awesome but I KNOW for a fact I couldn't hold out a whole month without weighing lol!
  • spamarie
    edited June 2017
    I'm starting a challenge for myself from June 3rd to July 3rd...no sweets! Lord help me! I feel like I keep going up and down losing and regaining so I really need to buckle down log everything and get my *kitten* in the gym! Hopefully by July 3 I'll be below my lowest! If I could hold out on weighing until then that would be awesome but I KNOW for a fact I couldn't hold out a whole month without weighing lol!

I hope it works for you. I did sugar free February. I skipped all obvious things like candy, chocolate, ice cream etc. I allowed myself fruit, even dried fruit, and the odd juice, because I'm not a martyr. The first week was hard, but it got a lot easier after that. Not having to make any decisions about moderation was almost liberating. I didn't have to worry about how much chocolate I could get away with, I just didn't do it. Have your snacks prepared is a must. I lost 7lbs that month, which is epic for me (I'm short). I also fell pregnant, so clearly it didn't do me any harm. I rather wish I'd stuck with it, but the nausea was strong for the following three months.

Good luck!
  • spamarie
    And I cheated twice!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,723 Member
    I walked the treadmill at lunch today (as I usually do) and now my armpits are SOOOO sweaty. :grimace::mask:
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Busy week at work so far, which is a nice change. But between our home air conditioning breaking, the sprinkler system going on the fritz and the computer crashing, the home issues are driving me batty. No air conditioner equals little sleep, and I'm pretty frazzled.

I'm also trying to keep up with my new workout schedule my trainer gave me. In order to get everything done, I have to do 2-a-day workouts at least twice a week. So far, it's exhausting. I don't deal well with changes to my routine. It takes me a long time to adjust.

I'm still not sure I love my new bed. But I can't decide if my bad sleeping is because of the bed or the lack of air conditioning, or a combination of the two.

And...I fired my housekeeper this morning (wow, that sounds pretentious) . I'm not going to pay someone $27 an hour to do a half-*kitten* job. She only came in once every two weeks. But she didn't do dishes or "pick up." So I had to clean house before she came to clean house. What's the point?!? I think my previous housekeeper spoiled me. But she was a family friend and took really good care of us. I miss her!

ACK! How long are these? Like two hours for the two or?
    I know with Austyn (coach) our workouts can be 2-3+ hours pending on the training block we are in.
  • quiksylver296
    MissKalhan wrote: »

ACK! How long are these? Like two hours for the two or?
    I know with Austyn (coach) our workouts can be 2-3+ hours pending on the training block we are in.

It's an hour in the morning, and between 1.5 and 2 hours in the evening. A lot of that is the pre-stretching and foam rolling I have to do for my wonky hips.
  • quiksylver296
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I walked the treadmill at lunch today (as I usually do) and now my armpits are SOOOO sweaty. :grimace::mask:

LOL. I was like that yesterday. Baby wipes and deodorant in my desk drawer!