Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Busy week at work so far, which is a nice change. But between our home air conditioning breaking, the sprinkler system going on the fritz and the computer crashing, the home issues are driving me batty. No air conditioner equals little sleep, and I'm pretty frazzled.

I'm also trying to keep up with my new workout schedule my trainer gave me. In order to get everything done, I have to do 2-a-day workouts at least twice a week. So far, it's exhausting. I don't deal well with changes to my routine. It takes me a long time to adjust.

I'm still not sure I love my new bed. But I can't decide if my bad sleeping is because of the bed or the lack of air conditioning, or a combination of the two.

And...I fired my housekeeper this morning (wow, that sounds pretentious) . I'm not going to pay someone $27 an hour to do a half-*kitten* job. She only came in once every two weeks. But she didn't do dishes or "pick up." So I had to clean house before she came to clean house. What's the point?!? I think my previous housekeeper spoiled me. But she was a family friend and took really good care of us. I miss her!

ACK! How long are these? Like two hours for the two or?
    I know with Austyn (coach) our workouts can be 2-3+ hours pending on the training block we are in.

It's an hour in the morning, and between 1.5 and 2 hours in the evening. A lot of that is the pre-stretching and foam rolling I have to do for my wonky hips.

Ahhh okay! I was like that's a ton of lifting! We have stretching/foam rolling added in on your off days to help combat that lack of mobility issue.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Busy week at work so far, which is a nice change. But between our home air conditioning breaking, the sprinkler system going on the fritz and the computer crashing, the home issues are driving me batty. No air conditioner equals little sleep, and I'm pretty frazzled.

I'm also trying to keep up with my new workout schedule my trainer gave me. In order to get everything done, I have to do 2-a-day workouts at least twice a week. So far, it's exhausting. I don't deal well with changes to my routine. It takes me a long time to adjust.

I'm still not sure I love my new bed. But I can't decide if my bad sleeping is because of the bed or the lack of air conditioning, or a combination of the two.

And...I fired my housekeeper this morning (wow, that sounds pretentious) . I'm not going to pay someone $27 an hour to do a half-*kitten* job. She only came in once every two weeks. But she didn't do dishes or "pick up." So I had to clean house before she came to clean house. What's the point?!? I think my previous housekeeper spoiled me. But she was a family friend and took really good care of us. I miss her!

I know with Austyn (coach) our workouts can be 2-3+ hours pending on the training block we are in.

It's an hour in the morning, and between 1.5 and 2 hours in the evening. A lot of that is the pre-stretching and foam rolling I have to do for my wonky hips.

Ahhh okay! I was like that's a ton of lifting! We have stretching/foam rolling added in on your off days to help combat that lack of mobility issue.

Yeah. I "get to" foam roll and stretch every day. :/
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member

Lol nothing wrong with that at all! I try to aim for at least 5 minutes or more after workouts. I have horrible ankle/hip mobility which is cause bambi knees during high weight squats and deads, it's slowly starting to work sorta hahaha
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member

Lol nothing wrong with that at all! I try to aim for at least 5 minutes or more after workouts. I have horrible ankle/hip mobility which is cause bambi knees during high weight squats and deads, it's slowly starting to work sorta hahaha

I just hate it. (Which is why I never did it before. LOL)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,723 Member

Is that where your knees bow in when you're coming back up from a squat? I didn't notice that issue during deads. My dead issue is not keeping my back flat. :grumble:
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    I return just so I can go on a week hiatus! Stomach flu :confounded: but anywho! Today is my baby's 3rd birthday :cry: so sad!

Oh yuck! Glad it's over! Happy birthday to your baby!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    I'm starting a challenge for myself from June 3rd to July 3rd...no sweets! Lord help me! I feel like I keep going up and down losing and regaining so I really need to buckle down log everything and get my *kitten* in the gym! Hopefully by July 3 I'll be below my lowest! If I could hold out on weighing until then that would be awesome but I KNOW for a fact I couldn't hold out a whole month without weighing lol!

I have done no sweets for a week or two but not a whole months at once! Good luck! You got this!
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm starting a challenge for myself from June 3rd to July 3rd...no sweets! Lord help me! I feel like I keep going up and down losing and regaining so I really need to buckle down log everything and get my *kitten* in the gym! Hopefully by July 3 I'll be below my lowest! If I could hold out on weighing until then that would be awesome but I KNOW for a fact I couldn't hold out a whole month without weighing lol!

I hope it works for you. I did sugar free February. I skipped all obvious things like candy, chocolate, ice cream etc. I allowed myself fruit, even dried fruit, and the odd juice, because I'm not a martyr. The first week was hard, but it got a lot easier after that. Not having to make any decisions about moderation was almost liberating. I didn't have to worry about how much chocolate I could get away with, I just didn't do it. Have your snacks prepared is a must. I lost 7lbs that month, which is epic for me (I'm short). I also fell pregnant, so clearly it didn't do me any harm. I rather wish I'd stuck with it, but the nausea was strong for the following three months.

Good luck!

I have done no sweets for a week or two but not a whole months at once! Good luck! You got this!

Thanks ya'll! It's going to be a struggle I have to have dessert every night! I have the WORST sweet tooth! After my daughters bday party sat. no more sweets until July 4th. So like candy, cakes, donuts stuff like that.
  • MsFlabULess
    I return just so I can go on a week hiatus! Stomach flu :confounded: but anywho! Today is my baby's 3rd birthday :cry: so sad!

Oh yuck! Glad it's over! Happy birthday to your baby!

Thank you! :smile:
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Spent the morning at field day for my daughter's school and all the kids kept asking me, 'Are you Olivia's mom?' She looks just like me and some of them know me from the daycare. After two hours of that, I went to the store. We were out of bread, milk and Bride's cake ice cream. :# Should have left that right where it was. It's so goood. I came home and made some tuna salad for lunch, then proceeded to eat too much ice cream. Now, I get to spend the weekend watching what I am eating, and moving more.
  • MsFlabULess
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Spent the morning at field day for my daughter's school and all the kids kept asking me, 'Are you Olivia's mom?' She looks just like me and some of them know me from the daycare. After two hours of that, I went to the store. We were out of bread, milk and Bride's cake ice cream. :# Should have left that right where it was. It's so goood. I came home and made some tuna salad for lunch, then proceeded to eat too much ice cream. Now, I get to spend the weekend watching what I am eating, and moving more.

Right there with ya sister! Yogurt and granola turned into 2 donuts, a frosted sugar cookie, and a slice of wheat bread with butter and honey... :expressionless:
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member

Ooooo what is Bride's cake ice cream?? Please tell me it's a wedding cake flavour
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

Ooooo what is Bride's cake ice cream?? Please tell me it's a wedding cake flavour

Yes, it is a seasonal flavor that Blue Bell, out of Texas, has this summer. There is also a Groom's cake flavor that is chocolate ice cream with chocolate cake bits, small chocolate hearts with strawberry cream and strawberry swirl in it. The Bride's cake is the vanilla ice cream with almond vanilla cake bits, and amaretto cheesecake icing. Tastes just like a wedding cake. Yum. That is all.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member

Yes, it is a seasonal flavor that Blue Bell, out of Texas, has this summer. There is also a Groom's cake flavor that is chocolate ice cream with chocolate cake bits, small chocolate hearts with strawberry cream and strawberry swirl in it. The Bride's cake is the vanilla ice cream with almond vanilla cake bits, and amaretto cheesecake icing. Tastes just like a wedding cake. Yum. That is all.

It's both good for my CI and terrible for my feelz that Canada doesn't get the cool stuff like this!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member

Yuck to all of that! Hoping everything is back to normal.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    I went over my calorie allowance yesterday, having eaten with the intention of going for a run (including half a tub of frozen yoghurt...). Ended up getting a migraine and passing out before I could do that. :(
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member

These do sound fabulous!
  • Oberon21

I hate foam rolling. It hurts so badly!
  • Oberon21

Good luck with this! You've got it!
  • Oberon21

I always clean before the cleaning lady comes. I always have so many clothes laying around I have to. Plus if I don't do the dishes she does then and puts them in weird places.

Bummer on everything else. My week was like that too. Was talking on a conference call coming back from my mom's on Tuesday, missed my exit, got pulled over in a spot check and got a ticket for not wearing my seat belt. Started the week that way and had a lot of annoying stuff lime that culminating in tackling my closet that turned into a disaster and what I thought would take 2 hours took over 5.5 and it's still not done. When I get back from this weekend trip to NC I'll have to get it finished. I own WAY to much stuff.