Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession - I've been closing out my food diary and reporting it to my trainer each day and then eating more things. I've been cheating. I haven't been losing weight. I am confessing this, hoping it will shame me into correcting my behavior. :#

I continue to be a mess, too. Trying to course correct again.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/cAR7zWAsHLc

This is the town I live in, currently the lake has hit a new record. Martin is currently out helping fill sandbags, specifically for a couple that are in their 80's whose property backs right on to the lake. The scary thing about all of this is that we are only and the 50% mountain melt, which means the other 50% has to melt and will be making it's way into the lake.

Wow. Be safe!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So my uncle passed last night. I found out this morning ugh! Leaving work at noon to go be with my family. :disappointed:

I'm so sorry. <3
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Busy week at work so far, which is a nice change. But between our home air conditioning breaking, the sprinkler system going on the fritz and the computer crashing, the home issues are driving me batty. No air conditioner equals little sleep, and I'm pretty frazzled.

I'm also trying to keep up with my new workout schedule my trainer gave me. In order to get everything done, I have to do 2-a-day workouts at least twice a week. So far, it's exhausting. I don't deal well with changes to my routine. It takes me a long time to adjust.

I'm still not sure I love my new bed. But I can't decide if my bad sleeping is because of the bed or the lack of air conditioning, or a combination of the two.

And...I fired my housekeeper this morning (wow, that sounds pretentious) . I'm not going to pay someone $27 an hour to do a half-*kitten* job. She only came in once every two weeks. But she didn't do dishes or "pick up." So I had to clean house before she came to clean house. What's the point?!? I think my previous housekeeper spoiled me. But she was a family friend and took really good care of us. I miss her!

I always clean before the cleaning lady comes. I always have so many clothes laying around I have to. Plus if I don't do the dishes she does then and puts them in weird places.

Bummer on everything else. My week was like that too. Was talking on a conference call coming back from my mom's on Tuesday, missed my exit, got pulled over in a spot check and got a ticket for not wearing my seat belt. Started the week that way and had a lot of annoying stuff lime that culminating in tackling my closet that turned into a disaster and what I thought would take 2 hours took over 5.5 and it's still not done. When I get back from this weekend trip to NC I'll have to get it finished. I own WAY to much stuff.

:astonished: Patricia naughty you!! I could never drive without a seat belt, it feels too weird.

Hopefully this week goes better for you.

It did and didn't. I never wear my seatbelt. I am now! For a while. I hate seatbelts.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Busy week at work so far, which is a nice change. But between our home air conditioning breaking, the sprinkler system going on the fritz and the computer crashing, the home issues are driving me batty. No air conditioner equals little sleep, and I'm pretty frazzled.

I'm also trying to keep up with my new workout schedule my trainer gave me. In order to get everything done, I have to do 2-a-day workouts at least twice a week. So far, it's exhausting. I don't deal well with changes to my routine. It takes me a long time to adjust.

I'm still not sure I love my new bed. But I can't decide if my bad sleeping is because of the bed or the lack of air conditioning, or a combination of the two.

And...I fired my housekeeper this morning (wow, that sounds pretentious) . I'm not going to pay someone $27 an hour to do a half-*kitten* job. She only came in once every two weeks. But she didn't do dishes or "pick up." So I had to clean house before she came to clean house. What's the point?!? I think my previous housekeeper spoiled me. But she was a family friend and took really good care of us. I miss her!

I always clean before the cleaning lady comes. I always have so many clothes laying around I have to. Plus if I don't do the dishes she does then and puts them in weird places.

Bummer on everything else. My week was like that too. Was talking on a conference call coming back from my mom's on Tuesday, missed my exit, got pulled over in a spot check and got a ticket for not wearing my seat belt. Started the week that way and had a lot of annoying stuff lime that culminating in tackling my closet that turned into a disaster and what I thought would take 2 hours took over 5.5 and it's still not done. When I get back from this weekend trip to NC I'll have to get it finished. I own WAY to much stuff.

POF, wear your seatbelt! I've responded to too many crashes that would have been much less traumatic (or deadly) if the person was just wearing a seatbelt!

I know I know.... I just hate them.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    All caught up!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Assassin Kitty struck again.
    4 mice, 4 chipmunks, 1 squirrel

I'm telling you, that kitty loves you and is on a kill streak.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

This is a tally right? He isn't getting more kills in each night?

Maybe you aren't giving him enough attention? He must kill more to buy your affection.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

:astonished: Patricia naughty you!! I could never drive without a seat belt, it feels too weird.

Hopefully this week goes better for you.

It did and didn't. I never wear my seatbelt. I am now! For a while. I hate seatbelts.

*Gives a disapproving glare*
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Porch kitty has turned into Assassin Kitty. 2 mice, 2 chipmunks, today a squirrel. It's escalating. Maybe serial killer kitty?

She is on a kill streak in whatever kitty game she is playing.

She added a mouse to the body count today. So, 3 mice, 2 chipmunks, 1 squirrel.

Up to 3 mice, 3 chipmunks, 1 squirrel

I think I hit a squirrel on the way to work last week :'(. I couldn't stop because someone was behind me or I would've stopped & let them run to the sidewalk or beeped my horn to let them know to scurry along.

I always stop for squirrels. They are so unpredictable. You think they are going to make it then they change course.

The squirrels in our area usually play chicken with the cars. One stared down my truck the other day and lost. The mostly dart out of the road when cars come. This one did not. I hate hitting them, but you can't predict which way they will run if you veer away from them.
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Porch kitty has turned into Assassin Kitty. 2 mice, 2 chipmunks, today a squirrel. It's escalating. Maybe serial killer kitty?

I think I hit a squirrel on the way to work last week :'(. I couldn't stop because someone was behind me or I would've stopped & let them run to the sidewalk or beeped my horn to let them know to scurry along.

I always stop for squirrels. They are so unpredictable. You think they are going to make it then they change course.

The squirrels in our area usually play chicken with the cars. One stared down my truck the other day and lost. The mostly dart out of the road when cars come. This one did not. I hate hitting them, but you can't predict which way they will run if you veer away from them.

Driving back from Vegas we were next to a coke truck that hit a squirrel. I was like ruuuuuuun, but he didn't make it and the truck barely clipped it and it flew into the air. Very traumatic haha!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Same here and the freaking quails! Quails are so dumb and yet hilarious around here lol
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I hope it all calms down for you Victoria, flooding is not a fun experience. Glad you're helping others too.

So you know how people say volunteering for things helps find a job? Well Martin helping out ended up finding him a general labor job with one of the businesses based out of the building I manage. Which is super exciting because having money coming in from him again will put my mind at ease.

Exciting news! Hoping everything is back to normal weather wise.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Same here and the freaking quails! Quails are so dumb and yet hilarious around here lol

I remember stopping to let what I think was a groundhog go across a few years ago & once it was across I drove away. The dummy decided to go back across & I hit it.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

A couple of quails wondered into my garden a while back. I knew there's a guy up the road who keeps them, so put them in a box with some seed while I finished up my fence painting. One of them somehow hop/flaps out, on to the shed roof and into next door's yard, which is full of dogs. Goodbye quail. So cute but so dumb.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I shall join the rubbish sleep club. Bathroom is out of action so I have to trapse through the house (it's not big but it's a weird zigzag layout) to the downstairs loo. Then husband wakes me before 6am to tell me the election results. Says it will affect the next 5 years of our lives. True perhaps, but it wouldn't have affected them any more or less had I discovered them at 7ish and now I am grumpy. That will affect husband's life for the next day!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I shall join the rubbish sleep club. Bathroom is out of action so I have to trapse through the house (it's not big but it's a weird zigzag layout) to the downstairs loo. Then husband wakes me before 6am to tell me the election results. Says it will affect the next 5 years of our lives. True perhaps, but it wouldn't have affected them any more or less had I discovered them at 7ish and now I am grumpy. That will affect husband's life for the next day!

Ha ha ha! Silly hubby.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I was reading about that last night. I guess we are all going to be in a weird political situation for the next few years. Except our Canadian friends. They seem ok...
  • Oberon21
    Options

A couple of quails wondered into my garden a while back. I knew there's a guy up the road who keeps them, so put them in a box with some seed while I finished up my fence painting. One of them somehow hop/flaps out, on to the shed roof and into next door's yard, which is full of dogs. Goodbye quail. So cute but so dumb.

Awww poor quail...my mom has a couple that hang around her house.
  • Oberon21
    Options

This is a tally right? He isn't getting more kills in each night?

Maybe you aren't giving him enough attention? He must kill more to buy your affection.

I think he's thanking me for feeding him. He high fives me now and has even gnawed on my fingers but won't let me pet him yet.