Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm a fatty. I have 208 calories left for the day at 2:50 pm. LMAO Looks like I'll be getting some steps in during my son's baseball game tonight.

On the plus side, I've discovered that The Taste of Texas BBQ Payday bar is quite delicious.

This is intriguing and kind of horrifying at the same time... :o

A coworker tried it & said it tasted good, but then gave them heartburn.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Fact: there is no graceful way to eat cherries. I'm sitting at my desk spitting the pits into a paper cup. #classy

This. Every time they're in season, I look like a ball player with dip except my teeth turn red like I belong on True Blood.

Perhaps these are the reasons why I only eat cherries in pie.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I always thought there was something slightly seductive about eating cherries on the stalk. Just me then?!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I made it 3 days on my no treats challenge and then quit. I love my treats too much :disappointed: #fail

You at least made it three days which is more than I could even do! So definitely consider it a win & like a few others said incorporate them into your day.

If you have some stuff that's harder to manage eating without binging (like I did with ice cream for awhile) then try to find some alternatives like frozen yogurt or popsicles.

My favorite ice cream at the moment is Halo Top & Enlightened (it can be pricy but Wal-Mart sells it for $4.67 a pint). If I eat a whole pint it will usually only be around 280-400 calories max. I wish it were cheaper or I had a Shop Rite near me, because that store sells a lot of those brands at times for $2.88.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,440 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I always thought there was something slightly seductive about eating cherries on the stalk. Just me then?!

But can you tie the stem in a knot inside your mouth? Neat bar trick.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I made it 3 days on my no treats challenge and then quit. I love my treats too much :disappointed: #fail

You at least made it three days which is more than I could even do! So definitely consider it a win & like a few others said incorporate them into your day.

If you have some stuff that's harder to manage eating without binging (like I did with ice cream for awhile) then try to find some alternatives like frozen yogurt or popsicles.

My favorite ice cream at the moment is Halo Top & Enlightened (it can be pricy but Wal-Mart sells it for $4.67 a pint). If I eat a whole pint it will usually only be around 280-400 calories max. I wish it were cheaper or I had a Shop Rite near me, because that store sells a lot of those brands at times for $2.88.

I bought my fourth pint of Halo Top this weekend. Cookies and Cream. It's waiting in the freezer currently. I'm still Team #realicecream.
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ooooh, and I ripped my first callus weight lifting last night. That sucker stings!
    8spi6gpcc53j.jpg

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    xtly2158z7mm.jpg
    One year ago yesterday technically I lost a dear friend and fellow wrestler (who I coached) to an overdose on recreational psychedelics, I made a promise in that moment that I would do enough living for the both of us (he was 23 when he passed). I've been a bit of a wreck emotionally and mentally lately, just a bunch of self hate and depression rearing its ugly head. All of this is highlighted by the fact that lately I'm not doing enough, I'm not good enough and well I'm lost.

So I guess there's a real damn confession for yall.

Photo was taken the day after I got the news of his death, sunset which was very fitting.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    xtly2158z7mm.jpg
    One year ago yesterday technically I lost a dear friend and fellow wrestler (who I coached) to an overdose on recreational psychedelics, I made a promise in that moment that I would do enough living for the both of us (he was 23 when he passed). I've been a bit of a wreck emotionally and mentally lately, just a bunch of self hate and depression rearing its ugly head. All of this is highlighted by the fact that lately I'm not doing enough, I'm not good enough and well I'm lost.

So I guess there's a real damn confession for yall.

Photo was taken the day after I got the news of his death, sunset which was very fitting.

Sending all the love and hugs your way. May your friend look down upon you and smile.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hugs to you @MissKalhan <3 . You are good enough- having enough love for your friend to miss him right now is enough. Be kind to yourself.

@quiksylver296 I am so excited for you!

Confession: I am really over how "okay" people think it is to rail on sports they don't personally enjoy. I hate lifting, but lifters are amazing athletes who I have a ton of respect for. Wish that respect was more of a two way street
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Hugs to you @MissKalhan <3 . You are good enough- having enough love for your friend to miss him right now is enough. Be kind to yourself.

Confession: I am really over how "okay" people think it is to rail on sports they don't personally enjoy. I hate lifting, but lifters are amazing athletes who I have a ton of respect for. Wish that respect was more of a two way street

That guy was a kittening kitten. I agree with you. I respect the hard work, no matter whether it's something I enjoy or don't.
  • MissKalhan
    Options

AFUCKINGMEN! I ran two half marathons so I can understand the love for both sports and others (I would love to do pole if I wasn't so damn uncoordinated....). DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS PEOPLE /endrant
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Trust me, Jessica, I respect your ability to run. I lift and I am a decent dancer. (I was better before a car accident made mush of my left knee.) I respect the hours it takes to be good at anything. People who don get that are probably not good at much.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I know it definitely isn't you guys who get on like that <3 . I usually don't let it bother me in real life or online but it seems a lot of the time that there are certain sports that people just feel like it's alright to minimize- makes me sad that people starting out might not try something that could make them happy because they hear all the collective negativity. Siiiigh.

Or maybe taper against Banff Marathon on the 18th is making me crazy...who knows ;)
  • spamarie
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

But can you tie the stem in a knot inside your mouth? Neat bar trick.

No I'm not that cool! I can just touch my nose with my tongue. I'm a pretty glamorous person...
  • spamarie
    Options
    I'm lucky never to properly suffer with mental health problems (my post baby 'bit more than blues but not quite pnd' was scary enough) but I know what it's like to lose a dear friend in your 20s. It's hard @MissKalhan. All my sympathies and just know that you are an amazing person, all the more so for talking about it. It gets easier over time but it never goes away.
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I know it definitely isn't you guys who get on like that <3 . I usually don't let it bother me in real life or online but it seems a lot of the time that there are certain sports that people just feel like it's alright to minimize- makes me sad that people starting out might not try something that could make them happy because they hear all the collective negativity. Siiiigh.

Or maybe taper against Banff Marathon on the 18th is making me crazy...who knows ;)

Lol the taper or peak week craziness is real! Although, I think all of what you are saying is right and you are right to be upset/annoyed by it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I bought my fourth pint of Halo Top this weekend. Cookies and Cream. It's waiting in the freezer currently. I'm still Team #realicecream.

My favorite is Birthday Cake, Cookie Dough, & Peanut Butter Cup.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Normal BMI, people!!! B)h0ghj6ssq3br.jpg

Way to go Quik! You have worked your *kitten* off to get to that point. Any new lifting meets in the work?

Ouch on the ripped callous!