Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Hugs to you @MissKalhan <3 . You are good enough- having enough love for your friend to miss him right now is enough. Be kind to yourself.

@quiksylver296 I am so excited for you!

Confession: I am really over how "okay" people think it is to rail on sports they don't personally enjoy. I hate lifting, but lifters are amazing athletes who I have a ton of respect for. Wish that respect was more of a two way street

AxxxxxMEN! I ran two half marathons so I can understand the love for both sports and others (I would love to do pole if I wasn't so damn uncoordinated....). DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS PEOPLE /endrant

I hate my first post in days is a comment on swearing...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Hugs to you @MissKalhan <3 . You are good enough- having enough love for your friend to miss him right now is enough. Be kind to yourself.

@quiksylver296 I am so excited for you!

Confession: I am really over how "okay" people think it is to rail on sports they don't personally enjoy. I hate lifting, but lifters are amazing athletes who I have a ton of respect for. Wish that respect was more of a two way street

That guy was a kittening kitten. I agree with you. I respect the hard work, no matter whether it's something I enjoy or don't.

Ditto!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    xtly2158z7mm.jpg
    One year ago yesterday technically I lost a dear friend and fellow wrestler (who I coached) to an overdose on recreational psychedelics, I made a promise in that moment that I would do enough living for the both of us (he was 23 when he passed). I've been a bit of a wreck emotionally and mentally lately, just a bunch of self hate and depression rearing its ugly head. All of this is highlighted by the fact that lately I'm not doing enough, I'm not good enough and well I'm lost.

So I guess there's a real darn confession for yall.

Photo was taken the day after I got the news of his death, sunset which was very fitting.

I'm so sorry Victoria.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Normal BMI, people!!! B)h0ghj6ssq3br.jpg

You rock!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ooooh, and I ripped my first callus weight lifting last night. That sucker stings!
    8spi6gpcc53j.jpg

Owww!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I always thought there was something slightly seductive about eating cherries on the stalk. Just me then?!

Anne-Marie I will never look at cherries the same way again!!! :p
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I made it 3 days on my no treats challenge and then quit. I love my treats too much :disappointed: #fail

I made it like 3 months last year without drinking. Now the most I've made it is like 10 days. We all have our weaknesses. Like Quik said, maybe just figure out how to work it into your daily routine in moderation.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I shall join the rubbish sleep club. Bathroom is out of action so I have to trapse through the house (it's not big but it's a weird zigzag layout) to the downstairs loo. Then husband wakes me before 6am to tell me the election results. Says it will affect the next 5 years of our lives. True perhaps, but it wouldn't have affected them any more or less had I discovered them at 7ish and now I am grumpy. That will affect husband's life for the next day!

I was reading about that last night. I guess we are all going to be in a weird political situation for the next few years. Except our Canadian friends. They seem ok...

Yah, even our Conservative's are pretty tame compared to Trump to be honest....
    Politically speaking, the pendulum swings one way or the other every few decades or so. The swing to the right was a long time coming, although this far right is TERRIFYING.

Amen. I can say it woke me up to politics. Now I'm obsessed. Myiah would be proud of me.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Assassin Kitty struck again.
    4 mice, 4 chipmunks, 1 squirrel

This is a tally right? He isn't getting more kills in each night?

Maybe you aren't giving him enough attention? He must kill more to buy your affection.

I think he's thanking me for feeding him. He high fives me now and has even gnawed on my fingers but won't let me pet him yet.

That's pretty amazing though!

It is. Sometimes when he is anxious to eat he just keeps tapping at my arm as I'm putting the wet food in the bowl. I think he's just trying to hurry the obligatory high 5 along.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I'm telling you, that kitty loves you and is on a kill streak.

Yep. I just hate he is bringing me animals. How about flowers?

zb7bh24zku50.jpg

I know I know...he's just being sweet.
  • Oberon21
    Options

4 mice, 4 chipmunks, 1 squirrel, 1 bird.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I have had the worst cold the last few days and been swamped. The open work environment has really put a cramp in my posting in here. I have to find more time to do it I miss you guys!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I have had the worst cold the last few days and been swamped. The open work environment has really put a cramp in my posting in here. I have to find more time to do it I miss you guys!

You're my cold twin! I'm currently suffering right now as well. I'm hoping I'll be sent home early at some point today. I've already affectionately been called snotface so it's looking good!
  • Oberon21
    Options

You're my cold twin! I'm currently suffering right now as well. I'm hoping I'll be sent home early at some point today. I've already affectionately been called snotface so it's looking good!

Mine has settled into my chest now and I have a hacking cough. And yes, lots of blowing of the nose, sniffling!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

4 mice, 4 chipmunks, 1 squirrel, 1 bird.

Stop dropping hints, Porch Kitty. POF is not going to feed you raw meat. :)

EDIT: I'm sorry. I missed that we have changed his name to Assassin Kitty. Hereafter, I shall call him AK for short.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm a fatty. I have 208 calories left for the day at 2:50 pm. LMAO Looks like I'll be getting some steps in during my son's baseball game tonight.

On the plus side, I've discovered that The Taste of Texas BBQ Payday bar is quite delicious.

That does not sound delicious :s
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Fact: there is no graceful way to eat cherries. I'm sitting at my desk spitting the pits into a paper cup. #classy

This. Every time they're in season, I look like a ball player with dip except my teeth turn red like I belong on True Blood.

Perhaps these are the reasons why I only eat cherries in pie.

Oh man, tart cherry pie is SO good!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    xtly2158z7mm.jpg
    One year ago yesterday technically I lost a dear friend and fellow wrestler (who I coached) to an overdose on recreational psychedelics, I made a promise in that moment that I would do enough living for the both of us (he was 23 when he passed). I've been a bit of a wreck emotionally and mentally lately, just a bunch of self hate and depression rearing its ugly head. All of this is highlighted by the fact that lately I'm not doing enough, I'm not good enough and well I'm lost.

So I guess there's a real damn confession for yall.

Photo was taken the day after I got the news of his death, sunset which was very fitting.

<3
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,440 Member
    Options
    Normal BMI, people!!! B)h0ghj6ssq3br.jpg

Way to go Quik! You have worked your *kitten* off to get to that point. Any new lifting meets in the work?

Ouch on the ripped callous!

August 5th. Northwest regionals. And my coach is already looking at Nationals in October in Orlando... :#
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,440 Member
    Options

Feel better!