Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    In other news my coach is a sadist! Today was squat and bench day, did my old 1RM (195lbs) for 3 sets of 1 and then 5 sets of back off work (175lbs) and my accessories were all glute related. MY BOOTY IS ON FIRE!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    In other news my coach is a sadist! Today was squat and bench day, did my old 1RM (195lbs) for 3 sets of 1 and then 5 sets of back off work (175lbs) and my accessories were all glute related. MY BOOTY IS ON FIRE!

Yeah. I get to feel the trainer burn this afternoon. Lots of squats in my future.
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Another confession: Came to the conclusion that things are starting to melt together and the only reason my butt is getting out of bed lately is because of my lifting. In two weeks we go to Utah for a wedding, after that is my first power lifting competition and meeting a friend I met online for the first time. Normal people would be excited about this but the best way to describe me right now is apathetic and a total lack of impulse control, all I want to do is spend money (which we truly don't have) or sleep.

You'll be in my state!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Another confession: Came to the conclusion that things are starting to melt together and the only reason my butt is getting out of bed lately is because of my lifting. In two weeks we go to Utah for a wedding, after that is my first power lifting competition and meeting a friend I met online for the first time. Normal people would be excited about this but the best way to describe me right now is apathetic and a total lack of impulse control, all I want to do is spend money (which we truly don't have) or sleep.

You'll be in my state!

Oooo where in Utah are you?!
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    Options

You'll be in my state!

Oooo where in Utah are you?!

Ogden area.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Morning! Today's slightly better emotionally/mentally compared to the past few weeks, I have come to terms with the fact that I will have to stay on meds for probably the rest of my life. I had a great talk with a friend of mine (who had a giant meltdown a month or so ago and got back on meds for it), his shrink told him "If you were a cancer patient would you refuse chemo if it would help". It changed my perspective completely, I'm not a failure for saying I need to use these tools available.

Here's hoping third times a charm! :)

YES! That is the way to approach it. There is no shame in meds. We are imperfect humans. If we can invent drugs that can help balance us out, WHY not take it? I dye my hair and wax my eyebrows. Is it really any different?

You will be much happier back in a state of equilibrium.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    So I am about to have some stress going on. We bought some land and are preparing to start building a house! We still have renos going on at the current house, so lots to do. My Pinterest page is about to blow up.

Wow after all that work you've been doing. Was all that to sell?

Congratulations tho!

At this point, we haven't decided if we are selling the old one or using it for rental property. I kinda hope the real estate friend of ours can talk him into selling, since I really don't want to deal with rental stuff. We were going to need to do the renos anyway, so the property came up and we moved on that. It won't be finished until probably next year, so it wasn't all for naught.

I have often thought of starting to rent out my condo and going back to renting a smaller apartment. I don't need all this space (although my clothes and shoes are slowly taking over) but I don't want the angst if a tenant. I agree with you. Rental income is great...until you get a freak.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Morning! Today's slightly better emotionally/mentally compared to the past few weeks, I have come to terms with the fact that I will have to stay on meds for probably the rest of my life. I had a great talk with a friend of mine (who had a giant meltdown a month or so ago and got back on meds for it), his shrink told him "If you were a cancer patient would you refuse chemo if it would help". It changed my perspective completely, I'm not a failure for saying I need to use these tools available.

Hugs, Vix.
    That's a great way to put it into perspective. And you are definitely not a failure. <3

Hi, Kelly. You pop up a the most random times.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    So I am about to have some stress going on. We bought some land and are preparing to start building a house! We still have renos going on at the current house, so lots to do. My Pinterest page is about to blow up.

Congratulations tho!

At this point, we haven't decided if we are selling the old one or using it for rental property. I kinda hope the real estate friend of ours can talk him into selling, since I really don't want to deal with rental stuff. We were going to need to do the renos anyway, so the property came up and we moved on that. It won't be finished until probably next year, so it wasn't all for naught.

I have often thought of starting to rent out my condo and going back to renting a smaller apartment. I don't need all this space (although my clothes and shoes are slowly taking over) but I don't want the angst if a tenant. I agree with you. Rental income is great...until you get a freak.

Exactly. I would be the one paying for all kinds of background checks and have all kinds of restrictions. I just hate to see what happens to some properties. I lived in some in college and have seen firsthand what some tenants can do.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Exactly......you know how long I would last if I just decided I had been on insulin long enough and stopped?
    You should never stop treating a chronic illness.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I still can't kick this nasty cold. Decided to stay home today. I stayed in bed til 9, then did a bunch of random productive stuff. Now sitting down to work on my dissertation. I get so antsy staying home.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Congratulations tho!

Exactly. I would be the one paying for all kinds of background checks and have all kinds of restrictions. I just hate to see what happens to some properties. I lived in some in college and have seen firsthand what some tenants can do.

My dad is an accidental landlord (rents out my gran's old house). We had one tenant get busted by the police for growing a lot of weed in the spare bedroom. Thankfully he was a good tenant in how he left the rest of the house, other than that room, but eek!

My practical grandmother would have said, 'I never could get houseplants to thrive'. That thought makes me smile.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Exactly......you know how long I would last if I just decided I had been on insulin long enough and stopped?
    You should never stop treating a chronic illness.

This. (and without insulin, I would give Nicole 24-48 hours before she was catastrophically ill. Only because she takes good care of herself otherwise. My dad wouldn't make it 24.)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

Congratulations tho!

My dad is an accidental landlord (rents out my gran's old house). We had one tenant get busted by the police for growing a lot of weed in the spare bedroom. Thankfully he was a good tenant in how he left the rest of the house, other than that room, but eek!

My practical grandmother would have said, 'I never could get houseplants to thrive'. That thought makes me smile.

This made me laugh.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Will, living will and POA are finally done! Whooo me!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself for the first time in 8 weeks. Pleasantly surprised to see I've put on a bit less than 8lbs so far this pregnancy (I'm 17.5 weeks). And that was a mid morning, clothes on, water drunk weight (this makes a difference people!) That's less than this time last pregnancy, despite showing much, much earlier. I'm just starting to transcend the 'might be pregnant rather just pot bellied' phase.

I'm sure I'll stack it on on the weeks to come, but it's nice to know it hasn't already gone haywire. In my head, this gives me 49lbs to play with. That may sound impossible in 22 weeks, but that's what I somehow managed last time. Sure would be nice to have a smaller total this time of course.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Weighed myself for the first time in 8 weeks. Pleasantly surprised to see I've put on a bit less than 8lbs so far this pregnancy (I'm 17.5 weeks). And that was a mid morning, clothes on, water drunk weight (this makes a difference people!) That's less than this time last pregnancy, despite showing much, much earlier. I'm just starting to transcend the 'might be pregnant rather just pot bellied' phase.

I'm sure I'll stack it on on the weeks to come, but it's nice to know it hasn't already gone haywire. In my head, this gives me 49lbs to play with. That may sound impossible in 22 weeks, but that's what I somehow managed last time. Sure would be nice to have a smaller total this time of course.

Nice! Maybe running after a toddler is keeping you in shape!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Assassin Kitty struck again.
    4 mice, 4 chipmunks, 1 squirrel

4 mice, 4 chipmunks, 1 squirrel, 1 bird.

5 mice, 4 chipmunks, 1 squirrel, 1 bird. After a brief respite Assassin Kitty strikes again.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Nice! Maybe running after a toddler is keeping you in shape!

Based on my own experience, I would remove the maybe from that sentence.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Assassin Kitty struck again.
    4 mice, 4 chipmunks, 1 squirrel

4 mice, 4 chipmunks, 1 squirrel, 1 bird.

5 mice, 4 chipmunks, 1 squirrel, 1 bird. After a brief respite Assassin Kitty strikes again.

Wow. She is really on a roll. Did you have a mild enough winter that she just has more potential victims?