Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Ate and purged twice today but third time’s the charm, right?! Vegetable salad + rum and I am NOT purging again.

I am making a mom face at you.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Confession: my head hurts and I feel nauseated, therefore, I don't want to work today. However, I would feel guilty if I went home because my boss is gone and her boss may need my help.

2nd Confession: I am totally judging the guy who came here for a meeting, took off his backpack, plugged in his laptop, then put the backpack back on. Do you know how dumb you look sitting in an office chair wearing a backpack?

Why would he do that?

I don't know. My husband said, "is he a Jehovah's witness? The backpack is part of their uniform isn't it?"
    Is it? Learning new things every day...

He was being funny. Around here, Jehovah's Witnesses, go door to door trying to get people to join their church and usually they have a backpack with leaflets and who knows what else. They are usually dressed business casual.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    If I make it through the day without crying or alcohol I'll call it a win. I would add chocolate to that list... but that has already happened.
    This is about where my standards are, too.
    Unfortunately I have neither chocolate nor alcohol since I chickened out of buying a bottle of vodka today... tomorrow it is!
    And chocolate is important and good for recovering from dementor attacks so I think you made the right decision.
    I hope you make it through the rest of the day okay too!

mks4x15q9tpw.jpg
    I am now curled up in bed struggling through Harry Potter in Russian instead of doing homework, or paperwork for next semester, or anything that I should be doing. Oops.
    SELF-CARE ✨✨✨

I used to read Harry Potter in French or German and pretend that was solid language practice. Are you on a year abroad for a language course? I spent mine in Paris and Austria. Fun memories!
    Yeah, I’m in Russia for one semester and France for another.
    Paris and Austria sound fun!!

I never heard of doing 2 different countries. I was supposed to do a year in France but half way through my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer and I came home.
    Oh no :( I’m sorry about your father

Thank you.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Ate and purged twice today but third time’s the charm, right?! Vegetable salad + rum and I am NOT purging again.

How did the weekend go? Any better now you have finished your deadlines?
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

How did the weekend go? Any better now you have finished your deadlines?
    Purged once yesterday
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    MFP is eating my replies again. Purging once today too but it’s better than 2-3x. Solid harm reduction work.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    Whoooops 3x purging and now I’m drunk because I am super in control of my life.
    On the plus side I accomplished 2 things from my to-do list and now I have internet on my phone again. I also wore makeup today, which seems like a small thing but means that I haven’t totally fallen apart yet.
    Tomorrow will be more items scratched from my to-do list, walking and music during lunch, and possibly mentioning casually to my best friend here what a mess I am.
    And now I will shut up about myself! Lolol. How is everyone else? Surviving Monday?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    On the plus side I accomplished 2 things from my to-do list and now I have internet on my phone again. I also wore makeup today, which seems like a small thing but means that I haven’t totally fallen apart yet.
    Tomorrow will be more items scratched from my to-do list, walking and music during lunch, and possibly mentioning casually to my best friend here what a mess I am.
    And now I will shut up about myself! Lolol. How is everyone else? Surviving Monday?

Surviving seems to be the word today, but my boss will be back on Wednesday and her boss made my biggest decision for me so there's that.

You be careful, your behavior is frightening. You need to reach out to someone for help.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I gave Andrew another ridiculous haircut! I'm no hairdresser, but I know how you're supposed to cut a fringe. Unfortunately Andrew doesn't sit still long enough to allow for that, so I end up cutting straight across, once again achieving the dumb and dumber look. It's a bit shorter than I meant! But I won't be able to do it for a few weeks, and hopefully he will look his usual charming self by Christmas.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    If I make it through the day without crying or alcohol I'll call it a win. I would add chocolate to that list... but that has already happened.
    Unfortunately I have neither chocolate nor alcohol since I chickened out of buying a bottle of vodka today... tomorrow it is!
    And chocolate is important and good for recovering from dementor attacks so I think you made the right decision.

mks4x15q9tpw.jpg
    I am now curled up in bed struggling through Harry Potter in Russian instead of doing homework, or paperwork for next semester, or anything that I should be doing. Oops.
    SELF-CARE ✨✨✨

I used to read Harry Potter in French or German and pretend that was solid language practice. Are you on a year abroad for a language course? I spent mine in Paris and Austria. Fun memories!

I never heard of doing 2 different countries. I was supposed to do a year in France but half way through my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer and I came home.

If you major in two languages, it's standard practice to do two placements within the year. I actually majored in two and minored in a third (Dutch!) but there wasn't time for a third placement. My final year of university was hard work!

Sorry about your dad, it must be extra hard for the Americans being so far away. I could easily fly home for a couple of days if I needed to.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options

mks4x15q9tpw.jpg
    SELF-CARE ✨✨✨

If you major in two languages, it's standard practice to do two placements within the year. I actually majored in two and minored in a third (Dutch!) but there wasn't time for a third placement. My final year of university was hard work!

Sorry about your dad, it must be extra hard for the Americans being so far away. I could easily fly home for a couple of days if I needed to.
    Which two languages did you study? (Sorry if that’s a stupid question, I don’t remember your original post.)
    I’ve always wanted to learn Dutch but my university doesn’t offer it so I never got around to it.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options

Surviving seems to be the word today, but my boss will be back on Wednesday and her boss made my biggest decision for me so there's that.

You be careful, your behavior is frightening. You need to reach out to someone for help.

Here’s to surviving until Wednesday, and worrying about ~thriving~ or whatever after that, and after a nap. :)

And don’t worry, I only look like a train wreck :P
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

For a Monday it's been insane again. I can in feeling totally in control which lasted about 5 min. Just another manic monday...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

For a Monday it's been insane again. I can in feeling totally in control which lasted about 5 min. Just another manic monday...

Yes, another manic Monday describes it perfectly.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Dittoing the manic Monday. The afternoon just went crazy, then at 8.30pm just as we were about to put a movie on Danny got a call out. He didn't get home until 4am. As great as that is for his pay packet, it was a very long day for him.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    I got the flu or food poisoning or something, which I think is my body’s way of punishing me for being an idiot. I’ve learned my lesson and I’m going to be much nicer from now on. Lots of tea, lots of water, small amounts of food.
    I haven’t told my host mom because I don’t want to bother her or make her feel like she has to take care of me and also becauseI am incapable of basic human communication, lmao.
    Calmly moving on.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    Dittoing the manic Monday. The afternoon just went crazy, then at 8.30pm just as we were about to put a movie on Danny got a call out. He didn't get home until 4am. As great as that is for his pay packet, it was a very long day for him.
    Those are crazy hours! What does he do?

• Lois_1989
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Those are crazy hours! What does he do?

He looks after firefighting equipment. So the sprinklers in the ceiling that go off in a fire, he will service and maintain them (mostly shopping malls, office blocks and residential flats) in London. His normal hours are 07.00-17.00 but because the on site engineer called him about the flood, (and we live the closest) he had to attend site. If it was somewhere else, and another engineer was closer, that engineer would have gone.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I got the flu or food poisoning or something, which I think is my body’s way of punishing me for being an idiot. I’ve learned my lesson and I’m going to be much nicer from now on. Lots of tea, lots of water, small amounts of food.
    I haven’t told my host mom because I don’t want to bother her or make her feel like she has to take care of me and also becauseI am incapable of basic human communication, lmao.
    Calmly moving on.

I hope you feel better!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Calmly moving on.

(Mel makes another mom face) would you please believe that your host mom is a host mom because she is willing to help you and let her? Tell her you are feeling unwell. I'm pretty sure the cure is chicken soup of some sort the world over.