Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    We don't do Halloween. It just doesn't seem very British. I think I would take the kids to some kind of organised event, but no way would we trick or treat. Luckily we live down a dead end lane on the outskirts of a rural village with street lights, so nobody has ever bothered us.

But it does just so happen to be Andrew's nursery day and they are having a little party and dressing up. I hope he has fun! I'm sure he'll be happy so long as there's food involved (boy after my own heart).

Yeah, it's funny because all the shops are desperately trying to get people to get into Halloween and BUY BUY BUY! Every year the majority of adults in England just give a collective middle-finger and won't take the bait.

I wish America would get on board with this mentality. There's been Christmas trees, etc, in the stores for weeks already.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I gave Andrew another ridiculous haircut! I'm no hairdresser, but I know how you're supposed to cut a fringe. Unfortunately Andrew doesn't sit still long enough to allow for that, so I end up cutting straight across, once again achieving the dumb and dumber look. It's a bit shorter than I meant! But I won't be able to do it for a few weeks, and hopefully he will look his usual charming self by Christmas.

I almost choked on my yogurt.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    It's Halloween and it already feels like a bust. I woke up really early. Tired = bad food choices, historically. I know there are going to be doughnuts at a work meeting, and a potluck at bowling tonight. Son has a wrestling match, so I'll be running from work to wrestling to bowling. I really think I'm just going to cross today off as a wash, and start again tomorrow.

Sounds like a lot of running, but can't go wrong with good food!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited October 2017
    Options
    oh-look-another-glorious-morning.png

giphy.gif
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I could be at a doom metal show celebrating Halloween and eating pizza...
    but I 100% brought this illness on myself so I can’t exactly complain about it -_-
    Russian Harry Potter and tea will have to do.
    I’m sad that I’m missing the spookiest night of the year, though! (Or, as my friend calls it, “goth Christmas”.)

Hoping you're feeling better.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Halloween in Fair Acres
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    More Halloween in FairAcres
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Last one. I told you these people go crazy
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    We don't do Halloween. It just doesn't seem very British. I think I would take the kids to some kind of organised event, but no way would we trick or treat. Luckily we live down a dead end lane on the outskirts of a rural village with street lights, so nobody has ever bothered us.

But it does just so happen to be Andrew's nursery day and they are having a little party and dressing up. I hope he has fun! I'm sure he'll be happy so long as there's food involved (boy after my own heart).

Yeah, it's funny because all the shops are desperately trying to get people to get into Halloween and BUY BUY BUY! Every year the majority of adults in England just give a collective middle-finger and won't take the bait.

I wish America would get on board with this mentality. There's been Christmas trees, etc, in the stores for weeks already.

I'm just glad that there hasn't been Christmas music on the store radios yet!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Jeeze Mel, where does everyone store all the stuff?

I'm glad to say we didn't have 1 knock on our door. :smile: and we watched The Rescuers :lol: Probably the least Halloween film ever.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I'm glad to say we didn't have 1 knock on our door. :smile: and we watched The Rescuers :lol: Probably the least Halloween film ever.

Every one of these houses has both an attic and a garage. I guess that's where it all goes. This is an annual block party that lasts from 6-9 pm. They play Halloween music and have firepits lit. And there's actually a graveyard from the late 1700s in the middle of the neighborhood.

The funny thing is that these same people have the most traditional Christmas decorations ever. Candles in the windows, evergreen wreaths and garland and mostly no lights at all. A few of them decorate the evergreen trees in their yards.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

Every one of these houses has both an attic and a garage. I guess that's where it all goes. This is an annual block party that lasts from 6-9 pm. They play Halloween music and have firepits lit. And there's actually a graveyard from the late 1700s in the middle of the neighborhood.

The funny thing is that these same people have the most traditional Christmas decorations ever. Candles in the windows, evergreen wreaths and garland and mostly no lights at all. A few of them decorate the evergreen trees in their yards.

Oh, so they go crazy for Halloween but stay quite reserved for Christmas? That makes sense.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I got to move into deload weights at the gym this morning. I didn't even realize how worn out I was until I did lighter weights, less reps. Man, did it feel good. I know I was dreading gym time and that should have been a clue.

Eight days until my competition. :o
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Confession: my head hurts and I feel nauseated, therefore, I don't want to work today. However, I would feel guilty if I went home because my boss is gone and her boss may need my help.

2nd Confession: I am totally judging the guy who came here for a meeting, took off his backpack, plugged in his laptop, then put the backpack back on. Do you know how dumb you look sitting in an office chair wearing a backpack?

Why would he do that?

I don't know. My husband said, "is he a Jehovah's witness? The backpack is part of their uniform isn't it?"

I think Mormon missionary would be more likely.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

I'm just glad that there hasn't been Christmas music on the store radios yet!
    Yeah, but why hasn’t there been Halloween music in stores? RUDE.
    :P
    (On a semi-related note, my host family’s doorbell plays “jingle bells” and for the first two weeks I couldn’t figure out why I had Christmas carols stuck in my head...)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I made a doctor’s appointment! In Russian!
    Wooo, basic competence as an adult human being, SET THAT BAR.
    I’m going to look ridiculous because I’m not even that sick but the school is making me

I will take that as basic competence. Feel better soon.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Wow Mel, that is some impressive Halloween dedication.

Well done on the Dr app @SoulOfRusalka. I avoided that while abroad just for fear of getting tongue tied. Took me a month to figure out how the laundry worked in my Austrian youth hostel! (Austrian German is NOT the same as German German.) But at least mobile phones have moved on sufficiently you've always got Google translate in your corner (blasphemy for a language graduate, I know).

I have finished all my Christmas shopping. I just need to do some wrapping and I'm done! Never usually this organised but I know full well once baby is here, nothing will get done.
  • abi111
    abi111 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i just ate about 20 of them vitamin gummies. should of had some actual sweets, least they would have tasted nice.