Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I think the doctor’s office thought I was pregnant. Hilarious for a number of reasons, not least that in Russia you can’t just explain to anyone that you’re gay as a party.
    In better news I actually ate breakfast today. Amazing. More miracles to follow.

Jesus, I wouldn't even tell your host mum that.
    Yay for eating breakfast though! And I'm glad you went to the doctors. Did you get any answers or help?

Reading back on this, it was meant more as a concern for your safety rather than a comment on your sexual preference. I know a gay couple who moved from Russia to England for their own safety, they won't even go home to see their parents.
    Totally understood that as a concern for safety. And yes I am keeping everything under wraps.
    I actually went to a gay bar with an friend my first week, and then when my tutor asked what bar I went to I panicked and said that *I forgot the name* which is um...not very believable unless I drank a LOT. lol.
    Anyway, I think St. Petersburg is probably the safest place in Russia for me easily, and sadly I expect that I’m better off than a gay man, too, so I’m sure it would be fine but not taking chances if I don’t have to.
    My sister and I also invented a fake American boyfriend for me before we left. His name is Brodyjohn Stancliff III, and he’s just Chris Evans with an obviously-photoshopped mustache.

Well I'm glad you're keeping safe! I love the fake boyfriend though, his name is hilarious! The lll tops it off nicely :lol:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Confession: When someone says on a thread that they "binged" on 7 fun-sized candy bars on Halloween, I want to reach through the computer and throttle them. >:)

OMG I saw that too & had to stop myself from making a snarky reply.

I wish some of my monstrous binges were only on seven fun-sized candy bars.

I shudder to think what some of my worst binges have been calorie wise.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I think the doctor’s office thought I was pregnant. Hilarious for a number of reasons, not least that in Russia you can’t just explain to anyone that you’re gay as a party.
    In better news I actually ate breakfast today. Amazing. More miracles to follow.

Yay for eating breakfast though! And I'm glad you went to the doctors. Did you get any answers or help?

Reading back on this, it was meant more as a concern for your safety rather than a comment on your sexual preference. I know a gay couple who moved from Russia to England for their own safety, they won't even go home to see their parents.
    Totally understood that as a concern for safety. And yes I am keeping everything under wraps.
    I actually went to a gay bar with an friend my first week, and then when my tutor asked what bar I went to I panicked and said that *I forgot the name* which is um...not very believable unless I drank a LOT. lol.
    Anyway, I think St. Petersburg is probably the safest place in Russia for me easily, and sadly I expect that I’m better off than a gay man, too, so I’m sure it would be fine but not taking chances if I don’t have to.
    My sister and I also invented a fake American boyfriend for me before we left. His name is Brodyjohn Stancliff III, and he’s just Chris Evans with an obviously-photoshopped mustache.

Well I'm glad you're keeping safe! I love the fake boyfriend though, his name is hilarious! The lll tops it off nicely :lol:

The name is hilarious! Sounds like some yuppie name that would be popular in the '80's.

It sounds like a name Clark Rockefeller (not his real name obviously) would've chose to continue his scams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Gerhartsreiter
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    One last thing - 37 weeks today. Officially term and no preemie for me! Now if we could avoid any onset of labour for two weeks and one day, that would be dandy.

Woo hoo! You better post some pics when this baby arrives and not just go off the grid.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    It's Halloween and it already feels like a bust. I woke up really early. Tired = bad food choices, historically. I know there are going to be doughnuts at a work meeting, and a potluck at bowling tonight. Son has a wrestling match, so I'll be running from work to wrestling to bowling. I really think I'm just going to cross today off as a wash, and start again tomorrow.

Halloween was a bust for me too. I ended up working late then went to bonefish grill and had pad thai. I am still seeing the effects on the scale. I didn't have any candy at home so I wanted to avoid trick or treaters.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Happy Halloween, guys!

Happy Halloween a bit late Kelly!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I’m eating Nutella and listening to emo music instead of writing my essay.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I'm playing card games on my computer instead of filing.

ITS FRIDAY!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm playing card games on my computer instead of filing.

ITS FRIDAY!

I'm roaming the threads. I'm out at 1:00 and off to my massage!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I haven't had a massage since ever. Maybe I should treat myself to one sometime....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I hate massages. I am about to drink a red bull and fold laundry. I am a very exciting person on a Friday night.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Confession: When someone says on a thread that they "binged" on 7 fun-sized candy bars on Halloween, I want to reach through the computer and throttle them. >:)

OMG I saw that too & had to stop myself from making a snarky reply.

I wish some of my monstrous binges were only on seven fun-sized candy bars.

I shudder to think what some of my worst binges have been calorie wise.

Ditto on the last part! :#:s
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Wow Mel, that is some impressive Halloween dedication.

Well done on the Dr app @SoulOfRusalka. I avoided that while abroad just for fear of getting tongue tied. Took me a month to figure out how the laundry worked in my Austrian youth hostel! (Austrian German is NOT the same as German German.) But at least mobile phones have moved on sufficiently you've always got Google translate in your corner (blasphemy for a language graduate, I know).

I have finished all my Christmas shopping. I just need to do some wrapping and I'm done! Never usually this organised but I know full well once baby is here, nothing will get done.

Just like Canadian French is not the same as France French.....

Is that true? I didn't know that. Makes sense now that you say it. Isolated languages evolve into their own version.

Yes it is true!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

The whole situation with homophobia over there gets me worked up......
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I hate massages. I am about to drink a red bull and fold laundry. I am a very exciting person on a Friday night.

I worked concessions for the first round of high school football playoffs. I got almost 4000 steps in a 6 x 15 room in 3 hours. Our team won and will host another game next week. *Roll Tribe! * Our band is going to be at Bands of America Nationals (3 of the last 5 years - our band is better than our football team); so instead of concessions, I am going to be in the alumni pep band. No halftime show, but we will be there to stir up the crowd. :)
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options

Yeah, same. I just hate knowing that people who seem like good people and seem to like me might treat me differently if they knew this totally insignificant fact that’s not even the most important part of my identity? Ugh.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    In other news, I am celebrating the return of health by... not learning my lesson or changing any of my behavior.
    So that’s fun.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I worked concessions for the first round of high school football playoffs. I got almost 4000 steps in a 6 x 15 room in 3 hours. Our team won and will host another game next week. *Roll Tribe! * Our band is going to be at Bands of America Nationals (3 of the last 5 years - our band is better than our football team); so instead of concessions, I am going to be in the alumni pep band. No halftime show, but we will be there to stir up the crowd. :)

Sounds like it was fun!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    In other news, I am celebrating the return of health by... not learning my lesson or changing any of my behavior.
    So that’s fun.

Just take it step by step!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Yeah, same. I just hate knowing that people who seem like good people and seem to like me might treat me differently if they knew this totally insignificant fact that’s not even the most important part of my identity? Ugh.

:(