Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    This thing is still going on???

HHEEEEYYYYYY!!!!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Speaking of laundry, as well as the standard infant bodily fluids that usually complement my outfit, I added bloodstains to finish off my look today. Andrew managed to trip and bust his nose because he didn't want his trousers pulling up. He's fine but it was a dramatic mess! We had to watch a lot of 'hey duggee' to calm down.

PS, as kids shows go, hey duggee is actually not bad! Cannot stop singing the stick song though. Whoever came up with that obviously enjoyed a rave or two in the 1990s.

Is this something I can YouTube when I get home?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Taking a 4.5 day weekend may have been a bad idea. I have lost my patience with the stupid around here. I have a coworker who was complaining that there's no coffee in one of the break rooms.

Me: is there no coffee in the supply closet?
    Jane Doe: I don't know. I didn't look.
    Me: (goes to closet, brings back coffee, dumps in drawer) Problem solved.

Seriously? You're an adult. You have children. And you can't open a closet door to see if there's coffee in it?

This happened at work today. First day back after being off ill for 3 days, the printer/copy machine was out of paper. All I got was "Yeah, wasn't sure where the paper is". This is a 7 room building, no bigger than a house. It wouldn't take you long to find it. 1 room is the kitchen, 2 of the rooms are toilets, 3 are offices and the last one is the Archive and Store Room. Take a wild stab where you think the paper would be?

Cretin.

Umm... I would start in the store room and then try Lois' office, but apparently I am smarter than the average engineer. LOL!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Headed on a work road trip today, then a haircut. Maybe spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. Have a little charity powerlifting meet tomorrow that's more just for fun than anything.

Hey, @Lois_1988, I heard an English saying and I wanted to see if you knew it. "Teaching your grandma to suck eggs." Is that a common saying?
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Taking a 4.5 day weekend may have been a bad idea. I have lost my patience with the stupid around here. I have a coworker who was complaining that there's no coffee in one of the break rooms.

Me: is there no coffee in the supply closet?
    Jane Doe: I don't know. I didn't look.
    Me: (goes to closet, brings back coffee, dumps in drawer) Problem solved.

Seriously? You're an adult. You have children. And you can't open a closet door to see if there's coffee in it?

This happened at work today. First day back after being off ill for 3 days, the printer/copy machine was out of paper. All I got was "Yeah, wasn't sure where the paper is". This is a 7 room building, no bigger than a house. It wouldn't take you long to find it. 1 room is the kitchen, 2 of the rooms are toilets, 3 are offices and the last one is the Archive and Store Room. Take a wild stab where you think the paper would be?

Cretin.

Umm... I would start in the store room and then try Lois' office, but apparently I am smarter than the average engineer. LOL!

Sometimes I find it scary that these people are in charge of fire protection in London offices and residential buildings.

I'm taking it as he couldn't be bothered to find it.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Hangs around like a fart in a Spacesuit this thread.

Nice analogy! :lol:
  • MoHousdon
    Options

HHEEEEYYYYYY!!!!

Hi! Did you miss me?
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Speaking of laundry, as well as the standard infant bodily fluids that usually complement my outfit, I added bloodstains to finish off my look today. Andrew managed to trip and bust his nose because he didn't want his trousers pulling up. He's fine but it was a dramatic mess! We had to watch a lot of 'hey duggee' to calm down.

PS, as kids shows go, hey duggee is actually not bad! Cannot stop singing the stick song though. Whoever came up with that obviously enjoyed a rave or two in the 1990s.

Is this something I can YouTube when I get home?

Oh yes, it's a massive thing in the mummy brigade! And daddy brigade too. My husband secretly loves hey duggee more than Andrew does.
  • spamarie
    Options
    Headed on a work road trip today, then a haircut. Maybe spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. Have a little charity powerlifting meet tomorrow that's more just for fun than anything.

Hey, @Lois_1988, I heard an English saying and I wanted to see if you knew it. "Teaching your grandma to suck eggs." Is that a common saying?

Yes it is. It means telling someone something they're already an expert in, as though you know better (when you don't). An example is my dad who likes to question or correct my mother's French. My mother is French. My dad isn't, and doesn't even speak it very well to say they've been married for 37 years!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

HHEEEEYYYYYY!!!!

Hi! Did you miss me?

YEEESSSSS!!! Are you back, or just a day off work?
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Yes it is. It means telling someone something they're already an expert in, as though you know better (when you don't). An example is my dad who likes to question or correct my mother's French. My mother is French. My dad isn't, and doesn't even speak it very well to say they've been married for 37 years!

It cracks me up!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Day one of intuitive eating and not calorie counting.
    Mostly because I decided to try to take care of myself and pull myself out of this relapse because Religious Reasons or something like that.
    Also, it is -17 degrees F today so I am not exercising at all and staying in bed reading Neil Gaiman all day.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

That's such a good expression! Like gender non-specific mansplaining.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

So grandma's are expert egg suckers?! :smirk:
  • MoHousdon
    Options

HHEEEEYYYYYY!!!!

Hi! Did you miss me?

I'm at work. It's unblocked...for now.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Yes. There's an art to emptying an egg shell ready for painting.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

HHEEEEYYYYYY!!!!

Hi! Did you miss me?

I'm at work. It's unblocked...for now.

Yee haw!!!
  • spamarie
    Options

Apparently they are here! To be fair, my mum who is a grandma knows how to suck eggs (well blow eggs) after all the Easter decorations we made as kids, so it holds up!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Yes. There's an art to emptying an egg shell ready for painting.

I have always wanted to do that...blow eggs and paint them. We just boiled and colored them.