Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Taking a 4.5 day weekend may have been a bad idea. I have lost my patience with the stupid around here. I have a coworker who was complaining that there's no coffee in one of the break rooms.

Me: is there no coffee in the supply closet?
    Jane Doe: I don't know. I didn't look.
    Me: (goes to closet, brings back coffee, dumps in drawer) Problem solved.

Seriously? You're an adult. You have children. And you can't open a closet door to see if there's coffee in it?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Options
    Taking a 4.5 day weekend may have been a bad idea. I have lost my patience with the stupid around here. I have a coworker who was complaining that there's no coffee in one of the break rooms.

Seriously? You're an adult. You have children. And you can't open a closet door to see if there's coffee in it?

Wow. She should be glad your workplace supplies coffee. I've always had to provide my own, if I wanted any.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Wow. She should be glad your workplace supplies coffee. I've always had to provide my own, if I wanted any.

Hospital dietary buys enough coffee to keep the employees caffinated. I do have a small stash at my desk in case of a delayed delivery, but I was floored that she didn't open the door and look for more coffee before she complained.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Hospital dietary buys enough coffee to keep the employees caffinated. I do have a small stash at my desk in case of a delayed delivery, but I was floored that she didn't open the door and look for more coffee before she complained.

I'd beaned her with it. :laugh:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I would've been arrested for assault. I dumped a whole case of coffee in the empty drawer.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I would've been arrested for assault. I dumped a whole case of coffee in the empty drawer.

You have the patience of a saint. :wink:
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Ate/drank way more than I planned, (1600!) but I have a deficit for the first time in ages. Yaaaaaay. I got into a horrible, hours-long fight with my close high school friend today about social justice/antisemitism/communism/etc. etc. but managed to agree not to talk about it anymore and watch TV together. I really did miss her and she was a good friend to me in high school so it sucks that we had to fight. She's gotten more radicalized since I knew her.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I should get a medal for all the snarky things I HAVEN'T said in all the threads out there.

I'm playing nice, reminding myself we were all newbs once.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I should get a medal for all the snarky things I HAVEN'T said in all the threads out there.

Yes. You do.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Well there is a difference between being new and being foolish. But then again there are a lot of foolish people out there....
  • Oberon21
    Options

I need a 4.5 day vacation, I have been not very nice for the last few days. I need some real time off.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    16afd8f8etmb.jpg

Now there's a gym I would join...

Me too!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Thanks, Quik! But I am not 100 yet! (49 for the curious and took a vacation day because I like being lazy on my birthday.)

we are briefly the same age... Happy Birthday!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Happy birthday, @MelissaPhippsFeagins!!!

0si795delwa4.jpg

The scary part of this quik is that that is a real boy.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Happy birthday, @MelissaPhippsFeagins!!!

0si795delwa4.jpg

The scary part of this quik is that that is a real boy.

I know. Probably 2 or 3 years old...
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Speaking of laundry, as well as the standard infant bodily fluids that usually complement my outfit, I added bloodstains to finish off my look today. Andrew managed to trip and bust his nose because he didn't want his trousers pulling up. He's fine but it was a dramatic mess! We had to watch a lot of 'hey duggee' to calm down.

PS, as kids shows go, hey duggee is actually not bad! Cannot stop singing the stick song though. Whoever came up with that obviously enjoyed a rave or two in the 1990s.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Thanks, Quik! But I am not 100 yet! (49 for the curious and took a vacation day because I like being lazy on my birthday.)

we are briefly the same age... Happy Birthday!

Briefly. And thanks.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited January 2018
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Speaking of laundry, as well as the standard infant bodily fluids that usually complement my outfit, I added bloodstains to finish off my look today. Andrew managed to trip and bust his nose because he didn't want his trousers pulling up. He's fine but it was a dramatic mess! We had to watch a lot of 'hey duggee' to calm down.

PS, as kids shows go, hey duggee is actually not bad! Cannot stop singing the stick song though. Whoever came up with that obviously enjoyed a rave or two in the 1990s.

I am glad Andrew isn't seriously hurt.
    Note to self: look up Hey, Duggee
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

This happened at work today. First day back after being off ill for 3 days, the printer/copy machine was out of paper. All I got was "Yeah, wasn't sure where the paper is". This is a 7 room building, no bigger than a house. It wouldn't take you long to find it. 1 room is the kitchen, 2 of the rooms are toilets, 3 are offices and the last one is the Archive and Store Room. Take a wild stab where you think the paper would be?

Cretin.