Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Confession: I bought TEN boxes of GSC this year. :o

Me too. About half of them were peanut butter ones for my husband. The rest are thin mint and shortbread.

Samoas. Always and forever.

I do like the shortbread. And I ordered a couple flavors I hadn't tried before. And technically, I bought 12 boxes, because I sent two to our military.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Me too. About half of them were peanut butter ones for my husband. The rest are thin mint and shortbread.

Yeah I just learned that the US gets WAY more flavors than we do! We only get mint, and the cho/van sandwich cookies!

I ordered 3 boxes of different ones of an American friend this round, cannot wait to try them!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    The whole GSC doesn't happen in England. I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about it...
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I don't leave the house without a girdle on. I can't remember the last time I went anywhere without one since I was 19. I'm 32.

Even going to the gym??? I would be SO sweaty and uncomfortable.

Nice confession though.

I did wear it to the gym until around November. So no, no longer at the gym - but everywhere else - hell yeah.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I don't leave the house without a girdle on. I can't remember the last time I went anywhere without one since I was 19. I'm 32.

Even going to the gym??? I would be SO sweaty and uncomfortable.

Nice confession though.

I did wear it to the gym until around November. So no, no longer at the gym - but everywhere else - hell yeah.

My MIL only wears long sleeves.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Getting real here y'all.
    1. I bought one of each flavor of GS cookies this year (plus a box of Samoas just for my son and two boxes of the GF flavor to send to my daughter who has Celiac.
    2. My experiment a la Lyle McDonald to keep low carb during the week and do refeed/higher carb cycles on the weekends to help this hole leptin / glycogen cycle help me nip these last 7lbs in the bud has completely failed.
    3. Carb restriction has led to THREE binges...something I have never experienced in my entire life and seriously has me emotionally questioning my ability to maintain weight loss.
    4. As I was inhaling my third bowl of cereal last night, I decided to dial things back to basically only monitoring calories, worrying less about macros and eating the way I have all along to lose weight.
    5. Seriously it's 7lbs to lose; I could just switch to maintenance and do recomp, but I have yet to figure out how to commit to lifting and achieve the running/racing goals I have. I'm thinking of eating at maintenance, not eating exercise calories except for on long run days, when I burn 800 > 1100 calories.
    6. Thanks for letting me dump this here.

Low carb has the same effect on me. I will freak out and binge. It's just a matter of when.
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    Getting real here y'all.
    1. I bought one of each flavor of GS cookies this year (plus a box of Samoas just for my son and two boxes of the GF flavor to send to my daughter who has Celiac.
    2. My experiment a la Lyle McDonald to keep low carb during the week and do refeed/higher carb cycles on the weekends to help this hole leptin / glycogen cycle help me nip these last 7lbs in the bud has completely failed.
    3. Carb restriction has led to THREE binges...something I have never experienced in my entire life and seriously has me emotionally questioning my ability to maintain weight loss.
    4. As I was inhaling my third bowl of cereal last night, I decided to dial things back to basically only monitoring calories, worrying less about macros and eating the way I have all along to lose weight.
    5. Seriously it's 7lbs to lose; I could just switch to maintenance and do recomp, but I have yet to figure out how to commit to lifting and achieve the running/racing goals I have. I'm thinking of eating at maintenance, not eating exercise calories except for on long run days, when I burn 800 > 1100 calories.

Low carb has the same effect on me. I will freak out and binge. It's just a matter of when.

It took me three weeks to catch on, but holy crap. It was scary and weird. I truly feel for sufferers of BED. I'm happy today just knowing that I have bread and cereal and oranges in my lunchbox!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @fitoverfortymom good for you figuring it out. You will get those last 7 pounds.
    And, you're welcome. Dumping is what we do here.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I really, really want a chocolate bar this afternoon. So sleepy. But if I have chocolate now, I don't get my after-dinner treat. Decisions, decisions. I should just stick to my protein bar.

Eat the protein.

I did. I don't have any cash for the vending machine, so as long as I don't walk down to the bank, I'm good. :D

So what's the treat for later? Has to be better than a vending machine, but inquiring minds want to know.

I have a meatloaf in the oven and am cooking cauliflower to mash with cheese. If I am good and either go walk or go to yoga, I have GF butter cookies.

Pumpkin Pie Halo Top. One of my favorite flavors!

I haven't found that one yet!! Was it seasonal?

Yes. And I'm sad. :'(

I bought a couple extra before the holidays were over, and just finished the last one last night.

I wish Gingerbread would be an all year flavor.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I am on the zinc, vitamin C and echinacea train again. One of my coworkers came to work with a fever today and another today. The one today sits within feet of me and has pneumonia.

I get not having sick days (I took a week's vacation thanks to the flu.) and the wretched points system for attendance. I don't complain about coughs, sniffles and sneezes. I do think you ought to be kind enough to stay home when you have a fever, most of those are contagious.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I really, really want a chocolate bar this afternoon. So sleepy. But if I have chocolate now, I don't get my after-dinner treat. Decisions, decisions. I should just stick to my protein bar.

Eat the protein.

I did. I don't have any cash for the vending machine, so as long as I don't walk down to the bank, I'm good. :D

So what's the treat for later? Has to be better than a vending machine, but inquiring minds want to know.

I have a meatloaf in the oven and am cooking cauliflower to mash with cheese. If I am good and either go walk or go to yoga, I have GF butter cookies.

I bought a couple extra before the holidays were over, and just finished the last one last night.

I never did find gingerbread.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Part of me still thinks I can do low restriction to get there and stay where I want to be and that it's my only choice. I know it's not true. There are more options that are healthy, truly healthy, than what I have been doing the last couple of years. Who knows how much more messed up my metabolic pathways are at this point from Alice, 2468, Skinny Girl Diet, Ana In Training, Boot Camp Diet, yadda, yadda, and some that I have created. I even did a mono homemade, low-cal vegetable soup for about a week.

With all the challenges my body already has, I have complicated things with my own stupid decisions driven to out of pain, humiliation, and desire for it to be now, and not then for the goal to come. I am doing my best to stay on target and not binge and not restrict.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Part of me still thinks I can do low restriction to get there and stay where I want to be and that it's my only choice. I know it's not true. There are more options that are healthy, truly healthy, than what I have been doing the last couple of years. Who knows how much more messed up my metabolic pathways are at this point from Alice, 2468, Skinny Girl Diet, Ana In Training, Boot Camp Diet, yadda, yadda, and some that I have created. I even did a mono homemade, low-cal vegetable soup for about a week.

With all the challenges my body already has, I have complicated things with my own stupid decisions driven to out of pain, humiliation, and desire for it to be now, and not then for the goal to come. I am doing my best to stay on target and not binge and not restrict.

There are healthy ways to lose. You can do it. Eat sensible portions of food you like and make room for a treat now and again. We are here to help if we can and listen even if we can't.
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options

Eat the protein.

I never did find gingerbread.

Me either.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Getting real here y'all.

That is what happened to me with the HCG diet. Binging on Red Velvet Cupcakes.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Getting real here y'all.

To my other note, I never binged before until HCG. Then seriously, I'd make 2-3 weeks then an entire pack of red velvet cupcakes. Now, I can't even look at them.
  • Oberon21
    Options

They haven't arrived yet. Hubby found out and said, "You ordered TEN boxes?!? What are you going to do with all of them???"

Eat them, of course! LOL

I'm actually going to put them in the outside freezer and dole them out when I have enough calories. Except the Thin Mints, I don't actually love those. Those are for hubby.

Thin mints are my favorite. I can eat a whole sleeve by myself. Easily. I never buy them. Ever.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Happy Belated Birthday, @kellyjellybellyjelly ! Hope you had a great day!

Thanks Kelly! I had a great day. Went to Red Robin with my mom, sister & all of her little terrors LOL.

Oh, happy birthday! I have completely stopped looking at the xls on birthdays. I need to get back to reviewing it. I love sending cards. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    oooh! I pushed us over to 3180! only 20 more pages before 4000!!!!!!!!!!!