Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Confession: reading the news today and saw where 3 poachers were eaten by lions somewhere in Africa. My first thought was "Go, lions!" and then I realized I should probably have felt bad for the poachers' families. And then I thought of Assassin Kitty bringing POF gifts.

Why is this a confession? Because I care more about both lions on Africa and some people on this thread than I do about my neighbors. There has to be something wrong with that. (I know this is a no judgment zone, but they are terrible people for terrorizing their own puppy by shooting off fireworks this week. They had the poor thing tied in the front porch while they were in the back yard.)

I would have lost my mind on said neighbours. I am also proud of those lions! Poachers are disgusting people and deserve what they had coming to them.
    Did you see the lion meme I posted on facebook about it?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    When people from the US Midwest who complain about the cold weather and snow all winter then shift to complaining on social media about the very brief period of heat we get during the summer, I question why they are in my life.

PREACH
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    deagh93 wrote: »
    Why is this a confession? Because I care more about both lions on Africa and some people on this thread than I do about my neighbors. There has to be something wrong with that. (I know this is a no judgment zone, but they are terrible people for terrorizing their own puppy by shooting off fireworks this week. They had the poor thing tied in the front porch while they were in the back yard.)

Sounds totally normal to me. We had neighbors shooting off fireworks at the end of the cul de sac. Our one cat was absolutely terrified, and the explosions were so loud even the deaf one occasionally raised her head. (she's about 95% deaf, we think - the small bones in her ears have fused in her old age). The cordite smell and the smoke meant we couldn't open the house, either, and even with the house totally shut up it was bad enough that we were starting to react to it, plus we were sweltering. Most houses in Seattle don't have A/C as it's not really needed. We have a window unit in the master bedroom, but it can only do so much.

Plus we didn't sleep a wink (once the fireworks finally stopped...at 3 in the fricking morning) because we both kept waking up from nightmares that a stray firework set our roof on fire. I'm feeling like I'd like to set those lions on my neighbors right now.

I confess that I don't like fireworks, especially the amateur variety that people like to shoot off in their neighborhoods after a few drinks. Even the professional ones - if you have seen one high budget fireworks display, you have seen them all, and I just don't get the public's fascination.

Agreed
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Confession Time: I forgot to eat breakfast before going grocery shopping today and ended up eating half a pound of rainier cherries, unwashed, in the car after I shopped.

This made me cringe a bit :s

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    I live alone, so the cherries are just for me, so I ended up putting the pits back in the bag and then dumped them when I got home. They were really good, and oddly spirit lifting. There's something about eating cherries with the sunroof open on a sunny day that felt nice.

Glad you enjoyed them!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Toddler boy's talking has finally started to pick up, which of course I'm pleased about as we had been referred for a little speech therapy.

But it does mean I can no longer sneakily eat crappy food in front of him without him tattling on me. It usually takes a trained ear to understand him, but the phrase 'mummy eat cookiiiiiiies' is fairly unmistakable...

:D:D:D
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession: reading the news today and saw where 3 poachers were eaten by lions somewhere in Africa. My first thought was "Go, lions!" and then I realized I should probably have felt bad for the poachers' families. And then I thought of Assassin Kitty bringing POF gifts.

I would have lost my mind on said neighbours. I am also proud of those lions! Poachers are disgusting people and deserve what they had coming to them.
    Did you see the lion meme I posted on facebook about it?

Nope. I had a few days after an android update where FB crashed every time I opened it. The next FB update seems to have fixed it.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    And the winner is:
    pfmghxy7m3a2.jpg

Edited for smaller photo

I love that color! I do my toes dark green alot.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my hubby wants this shirt! :laugh:

x8btiolvzvd5.jpg

It looks like the guy in that shirt is pretty hot! I don't like tattoos but the rest looks pretty handsome. He can spoil me anytime. :D
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    And the winner is:
    pfmghxy7m3a2.jpg

Edited for smaller photo

I love that color! I do my toes dark green alot.

Thanks! I figured if other people can have sleeve tattoos, I could have green nails.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Confession Time: I forgot to eat breakfast before going grocery shopping today and ended up eating half a pound of rainier cherries, unwashed, in the car after I shopped.

This made me cringe a bit :s

Yeah, it was not good. I could easily have gotten the cherry version of deadly romaine or something. :( Next time I'll go for the bananas. But I lived.

ETA: Tattoos don't normally do much for me, either, but that guy's arms...there is something compelling about him... :blush:
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don't really like bananas. I eat them because my partner pushes them at me and he really likes them but won't buy anything that he's the only one in the house who eats it, but unless they're a bit underripe the texture is just bleh and even if they are a bit underripe I can totally take or leave them. I know they're good for you, but...bleh. If I never ate another banana again I'd be ok with that. I like all kinds of other fruits and veggies, but bananas? Not so much.

There. I said it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: I don't really like bananas. I eat them because my partner pushes them at me and he really likes them but won't buy anything that he's the only one in the house who eats it, but unless they're a bit underripe the texture is just bleh and even if they are a bit underripe I can totally take or leave them. I know they're good for you, but...bleh. If I never ate another banana again I'd be ok with that. I like all kinds of other fruits and veggies, but bananas? Not so much.

There. I said it.

I liked them when I was a kid and I eat them now because I have so many wacky food allergies and they are safe. But I could go the rest of my life without them just fine.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: my church does "Summer Sunday Nights" instead of having church. Last night they had a private swim party at the aquatic center. I shamelessly went to the kiddie pool to play with the children who will be in my Sunday School class when school starts in August. I learned something useful: which kid is the leader. I must have her on my side of she's there. (I am ambivalent about most of these activities, but I get that people don't want to come in out of the sun and fun for church and we don't have to pay to cool the place when it's in the 90s outside. I do this swim and putt-putt because my 12yo like it and the evening hike because I like it.)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

There. I said it.

Same.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I can take it or leave it when it comes to bananas. Hubby is obsessed with them and eats one every day, so they are always around. I usually eat one on long run days to prevent cramping, but typically in the form of in a protein shake. I'm more of a berries girl, and you get more bang for you buck for the calories. And apples. I love a good apple!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Confession:
    I have missed this group ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: Oregon Coast bound on Friday. I can't seem to make myself care about my diet and exercise, knowing that I'm going on vacation for 10 days. Ugh.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Pray for my coirkers, if you're the praying kind. My inner wicked witch is on the prowl today...
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Pray for my coirkers, if you're the praying kind. My inner wicked witch is on the prowl today...

Meh. They probably have it coming anyway. ;)