Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I am 42 years old and for the first time EVER I have cleaned up vomit that was not from a family member.

I am an insurance agent... one of the reasons I chose this profession :s

Yes that is never fun
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Still debating on going to my CG workout this evening. We do it outside and the temps are going to be low 40s to the upper 30s. I am thinking I would much rather stay home and warm. At least there is no rain.

Just go do it!

"I really regret doing that workout."
    ~No one, ever

I went. Several layers on me, but I went.

Way to kick butt @crosbylee!

We had our first snowfall/ice storm here on Thursday & I still can't get over the people that come out shopping for the most inane items when it's extremely bad. At least a few people needed a break from driving around 1-2 hours getting back from a job that was only 30-45 minutes away.

I had a family that moved from the south & had to buy all the essentials which is understandable, because I know some of the southern states get snow, but not as much as the northern part.

There are two people in my neighborhood with snow shovels, myself and my neighbor from Missouri.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I boycott Dark Thursday and Black Friday.

I refuse to take part in that madness!!!

I hate that it has travelled to England. We were perfectly happy with our Christmas Sale madness and now this as well. The worst part is that we have gone over the top about it. I just heard an advert on the radio say 'Black November' so now its the whole friggin MONTH?! WTF.

I saw that too. And we don't even have Thanksgiving so there's no context to it at all!

New thing I saw today, a Christmas Eve box. So now kids get presents Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Do they think parents can just pull money out of their *kitten*?

I used to have Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas with Denni's but why would you use a Christmas Eve box???
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Confession:

My plans for this evening once the kiddos are in bed involve eating my baby's leftover chocolate birthday cake and knitting a bobble hat all while watching a bit of Strictly Come Dancing (dancing with the stars).

I am truly living a rock and roll existence.

Sounds like a good night to me!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

I hate that it has travelled to England. We were perfectly happy with our Christmas Sale madness and now this as well. The worst part is that we have gone over the top about it. I just heard an advert on the radio say 'Black November' so now its the whole friggin MONTH?! WTF.

I saw that too. And we don't even have Thanksgiving so there's no context to it at all!

New thing I saw today, a Christmas Eve box. So now kids get presents Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Do they think parents can just pull money out of their *kitten*?

I used to have Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas with Denni's but why would you use a Christmas Eve box???

I've noticed Christmas Eve boxes in the UK this year too. It's basically a wooden box with the kid's name on and a few bits to enjoy on Christmas Eve like a dvd, festive PJs, hot chocolate etc. I feel it's just another way to get parents to spend money. You can have a nice Christmas Eve tradition without spending more. We tend to be visiting family or have family visiting Christmas Eve anyway.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

I've noticed Christmas Eve boxes in the UK this year too. It's basically a wooden box with the kid's name on and a few bits to enjoy on Christmas Eve like a dvd, festive PJs, hot chocolate etc. I feel it's just another way to get parents to spend money. You can have a nice Christmas Eve tradition without spending more. We tend to be visiting family or have family visiting Christmas Eve anyway.

Those parents are working too hard at being friends with their kids. There's a thing called delayed gratification that is awfully good for them.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession:

My plans for this evening once the kiddos are in bed involve eating my baby's leftover chocolate birthday cake and knitting a bobble hat all while watching a bit of Strictly Come Dancing (dancing with the stars).

Sounds like a good night to me!

Ditto!

I'm already sick of the cold.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession:

Sounds lovely!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Those parents are working too hard at being friends with their kids. There's a thing called delayed gratification that is awfully good for them.

Right?!? My kid begs, every year, to open one gift on Christmas Eve. NO! No, no, no! Christmas is on CHRISTMAS!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I'm lethally crabby today. I'm gonna lock myself in my office and hope no one comes looking for me. I'm not sure I can be liable for any heads that are bitten off today.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Yes, yes they do!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I'm logging for and exercise today for the first time in...

Let's see how this goes!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    I'm lethally crabby today. I'm gonna lock myself in my office and hope no one comes looking for me. I'm not sure I can be liable for any heads that are bitten off today.

I'm crabby too. We should meet in Wichita and hide out with Mo at Pizza Ranch.... No wait, Mike is home this week. Better leave them alone. What else is sort of in the middle?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Right?!? My kid begs, every year, to open one gift on Christmas Eve. NO! No, no, no! Christmas is on CHRISTMAS!

Being from a split home growing up, we always opened gifts from my Dad's family on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Day. I still open one gift on Christmas Eve in honor of my Dad.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

I'm crabby too. We should meet in Wichita and hide out with Mo at Pizza Ranch.... No wait, Mike is home this week. Better leave them alone. What else is sort of in the middle?

I'm not really in the middle, but not really too far from Mo. :D
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    How about we all fly south and meet in Cancun, instead? ;)
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

Works for me
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

Can I come? I would have to run home and get my passport
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Mike or no Mike, I'm ALWAYS in for Pizza Ranch!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

I don't have a passport. :disappointed: