Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    When I started this, I was diagnosed with insulin resistance. I was on Metformin for months. I've successfully reversed my insulin resistance, but I've been too scared to come off the Metformin - I think I convinced myself that it was the only reason I've successfully lost the 69 pounds - that I'm incapable of doing it on my own.

I did stop, as of Wednesday. I still scared :)

You did an amazing job and should be so proud!
    Metformin was just a tool to jump-start your health journey, and it did what it was supposed to. You wouldn't have lost the weight without lots of willpower and hard work - again, be PROUD :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    lustymads wrote: »
    I got into a big fight with my husband the other night, and yesterday while at work, drove to McDonald's and ate 2,000 calories worth of fast food in one sitting.
    Once I came to my senses I logged it and it was quite the wake up call. I always kind of "knew" that I was an emotional eater but MFP has made it obvious I need a healthier coping mechanism.

Good job for logging it! That's a huge step toward your ultimate goal.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    lustymads wrote: »
    I got into a big fight with my husband the other night, and yesterday while at work, drove to McDonald's and ate 2,000 calories worth of fast food in one sitting.
    Once I came to my senses I logged it and it was quite the wake up call. I always kind of "knew" that I was an emotional eater but MFP has made it obvious I need a healthier coping mechanism.

Recognizing the trigger is the first step!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    A case I assisted on, a catholic priest, is being sentenced by the judge right now and reporter is tweeting updates...

https://twitter.com/KTVBTerhune

ETA: WARNING! Even the tweet descriptions of the evidence is very disturbing.

Yuck! Sorry you had to assist on that.

I give you guys props on all of the crap you either have to witness, read about, or even deal with on a day to day basis.

Have you guys had to use the new technology by going into genealogy databases to nab criminals?

We haven't personally. But I'm never doing one of those DNA tests for that reason. :laugh:

OOPS! well, maybe my family will stay clean!!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    A case I assisted on, a catholic priest, is being sentenced by the judge right now and reporter is tweeting updates...

I give you guys props on all of the crap you either have to witness, read about, or even deal with on a day to day basis.

Have you guys had to use the new technology by going into genealogy databases to nab criminals?

We haven't personally. But I'm never doing one of those DNA tests for that reason. :laugh:

Same. Also, I keep wondering if that could get someone off on a due process violation.

ETA: I am so so so ingrained that personal health information is sacrosanct that I would not be able to make myself do a commercial DNA exam. Mine is out there somewhere in my own and Tyler's medical records because of he was a high risk pregnancy, but I can sue the heck out of people if it gets disclosed.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Same. Also, I keep wondering if that could get someone off on a due process violation.

Nope. They've already tried that. It's like putting your trash on the curb for pickup. You've turned ownership of that item over to another entity.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

Nope. They've already tried that. It's like putting your trash on the curb for pickup. You've turned ownership of that item over to another entity.

If *i* do it, but didn't they arrest someone because of a family member being a close match? I thought I read that somewhere.
  • quiksylver296
    edited December 2018
    Options

If *i* do it, but didn't they arrest someone because of a family member being a close match? I thought I read that somewhere.

Yeah, they fought it and lost. Family member voluntarily turned the item (DNA) over to another entity.

ETA: Maybe different states have come to different conclusions on this. I'm not sure it's made it to the Supreme Court yet.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    So I took today off to work on my dissertation. So far I did 1.5 hours of research and 2 hours of wrapping xmas gifts and cleaning my house. Sigh. Sitting back down to computer...
  • Beka3695
    Options
    9m2i9hteap3h.jpeg

My 23 and Me profile
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    So I took today off to work on my dissertation. So far I did 1.5 hours of research and 2 hours of wrapping xmas gifts and cleaning my house. Sigh. Sitting back down to computer...

Finish this thing. I believe in you!!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Is she alright?!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    You're scared, but she's OK? Cause I can live with that...
  • Beka3695
    Options
    She is shaken up. Says she is fine. She has a horrible headache, but I think that is bc she cried so much right after. She is totally pissed off bc she is a waitress in a tourist town - people rent mountain cabins for the Holiday weekend and she missed out on big tips tonight.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    She is shaken up. Says she is fine. She has a horrible headache, but I think that is bc she cried so much right after. She is totally pissed off bc she is a waitress in a tourist town - people rent mountain cabins for the Holiday weekend and she missed out on big tips tonight.

Watch the headache and take her to be checked out if she acts at all out of the ordinary, starts to throw up or it does not let up tomorrow.
    I am your brain damaged friend and concussions are nothing to mess with.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Today my supervisor kept asking what was wrong with me. Well for one I am exhausted for busting my literal keister going double time to get everyone out as fast as I can while managing to give everyone their bags, I pushed carts a bit yesterday, & I am trying to also watch out for SD at the registers so I can grab my light & take returns if needed. My brain literally felt like it was fighting to shut off tonight a half hour before I got off.

when-a-coworker-asks-if-youre-tired-and-you-give-11995876.png

All the customers keep asking if I am relieved that the holidays are almost over & I keep saying nope, because we'll be just as busy after the holidays with everyone buying all the leftovers & then returning everything.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Glad she's alright & I'm hoping she won't have much pain the next few days.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

She just needs to take care of herself. My first car accident I did the same thing. Held it together til I called my mom then couldn't even talk. I think I just gasped and cried for 5 min before I was coherent.