Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    After a mad night yesterday (Ellie's breathing got scary but after a few hours in hospital she was much improved) I did bugger all today.

I did make some Florentines this evening once the kids were asleep. I didn't have any double cream so used full fat milk, but they're delicious anyway. It's kinda impossible to make something gross with those ingredients. I'm ridiculously excited about eating them, I figured you guys would understand.

You didn't know my MIL, but she could have made something gross from those ingredients. She could cook real food passably, but I was truly frightened og her dessert.

I've probably said this before, but my grandma's Pumpkin Pie tastes like sadness.

Bahahahahahaha
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas big beautiful Confessions thread!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    After a mad night yesterday (Ellie's breathing got scary but after a few hours in hospital she was much improved) I did bugger all today.

I did make some Florentines this evening once the kids were asleep. I didn't have any double cream so used full fat milk, but they're delicious anyway. It's kinda impossible to make something gross with those ingredients. I'm ridiculously excited about eating them, I figured you guys would understand.

You didn't know my MIL, but she could have made something gross from those ingredients. She could cook real food passably, but I was truly frightened og her dessert.

I've probably said this before, but my grandma's Pumpkin Pie tastes like sadness.

Is that the one that "accidentally" fell out of the car?

Yup :D.

I do love her stuffing though, but I could have lived my whole life without knowing she added liver in it & then removed it before serving. Personally I have never had to eat liver & onions or liver in general.

My dad tried to make me eat liver once. I was 7. He said I couldn't go to bed until I ate it. I fell asleep in a maple chair with no cushion and my head on the matching table. Worst sleep ever on a school night, but I didn't eat the liver.

I tried liver and onions as a kid. My dad liked it. I doubt remember it being bad. I think I liked it. But I also would do anything as a kid to impress my dad.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I do love her stuffing though, but I could have lived my whole life without knowing she added liver in it & then removed it before serving. Personally I have never had to eat liver & onions or liver in general.

My dad tried to make me eat liver once. I was 7. He said I couldn't go to bed until I ate it. I fell asleep in a maple chair with no cushion and my head on the matching table. Worst sleep ever on a school night, but I didn't eat the liver.

I tried liver and onions as a kid. My dad liked it. I doubt remember it being bad. I think I liked it. But I also would do anything as a kid to impress my dad.

Nope. I hated the smell and that was that. If it smells bad, I can't make myself put it in my mouth.
  • melissafeagins
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Merry Christmas, Confessions Thread!!! (and even to Plate in the Bathroom Girl and Doesn't Clean the Break room Girl because charity is a virtue)
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Confession:

Did you ever crave alone time so much (real, not on call, alone time - not trying to relax while the baby might wake at any moment), that while you were chopping up veggies for dinner you thought, 'if I slip and slice my finger, I could sit in a&e for 4 hours, totally uninterrupted and ignored, waiting for somebody to give me a couple of stitches. I'd bring a book and some chocolate and I'd quietly sit anywhere they put me.

Don't worry, I'm not going to actually do it. But the thought has passed my mind more than once...

Lo it happens when you are taking care of elderly parents too.
    First kids now parents. Round 2 for me
  • Oberon21
    Options

Sigh. I don't remember not doubt remember.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Confessing that the Christmas weight gain is 2.9 pounds. I think it is mostly sodium so I am not terribly concerned. I didn't actually log it in MFP since I think a couple of days of not eating all of the food will take care I'd it.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Confessing that the Christmas weight gain is 2.9 pounds. I think it is mostly sodium so I am not terribly concerned. I didn't actually log it in MFP since I think a couple of days of not eating all of the food will take care I'd it.

I am waiting till Saturday to even take a peek. I am guessing I will be in the 215 range.

I am SO EXCITED that Christmas is over and the normality can return. I saw a pic of myself from the weekend and it was horrific. Time to buckle down again!!!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Sometimes I think my boss' boss just doesn't pay attention.
    One of the time clocks on our floor is stuck at 2:20pm 12/23/18, so I emailed the payroll manager to let her know that her equipment is broken. It's not mine and I don't know that IT will fix it for me. I copied my boss and her boss on the email because it could mess up their employees' time of someone used it without looking.

The boss' boss emailed me and said "You have to log a ticket, they won't take an email.". I logged a ticket with IT and walked away from my PC so that I wouldn't send her a snarky email, "Why won't the payroll manager take an email from me telling her that her equipment is broken?"

I sent the ticket # to all of actual bosses and to the payroll manager, but I am very annoyed with the boss' boss. It's not my equipment and I am still not sure that IT will fix it for me.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I was at my mom's so didn't weigh in. I will weigh in tomorrow. I am sore afraid.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

I was at my mom's so didn't weigh in. I will weigh in tomorrow. I am sore afraid.

Knowledge is Power. School House Ro ck told me so. I needed to know.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. Mine was good. Love visiting with family. I did weigh in this morning and was not surprised at the gain. It has been creeping up the last couple of weeks and looks like about 3-4lbs. Time to get back to work on that again. I have a few days off before New Year's so it would be a good time to get the house ready for eating properly again. We don't do much celebration wise for that, so I am looking forward to resting up a bit.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    My husband ate my pre-made lunch as a midnight snack. I did not want to order take out, so I dealt with what I had at my office...

I just ate an entire 14 oz can of Chef Boyardee Spaghetti and Meatballs. I am not proud.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    This is my office today. One section of it. I the only soul here. I love working this week!

16ao46aendyi.jpg

Are those JD Power Awards in the background?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    This is my office today. One section of it. I the only soul here. I love working this week!

16ao46aendyi.jpg

Yes. I work for Verizon. We win lots of those each year.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

16ao46aendyi.jpg

Yes. I work for Verizon. We win lots of those each year.

We are a CWA family, too. Assuming you are CWA 😊