Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    After a mad night yesterday (Ellie's breathing got scary but after a few hours in hospital she was much improved) I did bugger all today.

I did make some Florentines this evening once the kids were asleep. I didn't have any double cream so used full fat milk, but they're delicious anyway. It's kinda impossible to make something gross with those ingredients. I'm ridiculously excited about eating them, I figured you guys would understand.

You didn't know my MIL, but she could have made something gross from those ingredients. She could cook real food passably, but I was truly frightened og her dessert.

I've probably said this before, but my grandma's Pumpkin Pie tastes like sadness.

Is that the one that "accidentally" fell out of the car?

Yup :D.

I do love her stuffing though, but I could have lived my whole life without knowing she added liver in it & then removed it before serving. Personally I have never had to eat liver & onions or liver in general.

My dad tried to make me eat liver once. I was 7. He said I couldn't go to bed until I ate it. I fell asleep in a maple chair with no cushion and my head on the matching table. Worst sleep ever on a school night, but I didn't eat the liver.

My parents tried that routine with me a LOT as a child. Turns out you can really work on your stamina and perseverance when you're motivated!

I've tried liver, and hate it. But I also hate gravy and onions, so that was never going to go well!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Confessing that the Christmas weight gain is 2.9 pounds. I think it is mostly sodium so I am not terribly concerned. I didn't actually log it in MFP since I think a couple of days of not eating all of the food will take care I'd it.

As if I'm going to weigh myself any time around Christmas!! Not until after my birthday in January. I think allowing a couple of weeks cooling off helps. I rarely see any actual gain at Christmas. I suspect chasing after overexcited children helps too.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I've had it with my family...once again I've spent money and time to select nice gifts for each of them...I received (once again) silly/very cheap presents.

While I always make an effort to thank them for what they have giving me...not even one of them ever acknowledge any gifts I get for them (Christmas or birthdays, etc., )

I'm not doing it anymore...I'm pissed...
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    I've had it with my family...once again I've spent money and time to select nice gifts for each of them...I received (once again) silly/very cheap presents.

While I always make an effort to thank them for what they have giving me...not even one of them ever acknowledge any gifts I get for them (Christmas or birthdays, etc., )

I’d save your time and effort and get vouchers. *kitten* em!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options

Family being what it is, as far as I can tell. We all go through it from time to time. I am sorry you're feeling this way at Christmastime.

I picked my own gifts from my immediate family this year, my brothers and I stopped gift giving years ago, and my dad is 85 and gives everyone cold, hard cash.
    He bought me a very nice pair of boots this year. I love them.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    This is my office today. One section of it. I the only soul here. I love working this week!

16ao46aendyi.jpg

Are those JD Power Awards in the background?

Yes. I work for Verizon. We win lots of those each year.

We are a CWA family, too. Assuming you are CWA 😊

Actually no. Our union is of course but I work in management. I work in the marketing department. Who do you work for?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    This is my office today. One section of it. I the only soul here. I love working this week!

16ao46aendyi.jpg

Actually no. Our union is of course but I work in management. I work in the marketing department. Who do you work for?

My husband works for AT&T. He is a lifer - 26+ years in. He refuses to go into management/engineering because of the union benefits. He actually walked a picket line with his dad in 1983.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    So, when I talk about my boss' boss, I am always talking about the woman at the director level. I always forget that I have a senior manager because he is not very useful in terms of getting my work done. Maybe he's just not very useful because I just got an email that he's leaving effective tomorrow. I am not sure what that means for the future, but it's interesting timing.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Confessing that the Christmas weight gain is 2.9 pounds. I think it is mostly sodium so I am not terribly concerned. I didn't actually log it in MFP since I think a couple of days of not eating all of the food will take care I'd it.

I was at my mom's so didn't weigh in. I will weigh in tomorrow. I am sore afraid.

I weighed in at 197.5 so I think about a pound or so less than I was last week?

I think from pushing a lot of carts, being on one of the busiest registers, & shopping the Saturday before Christmas gave me a nice buffer. I'm also sometimes quick adding calories to give me another cushion in case (maybe a 100-160 or so). I'm going to stop doing the quick added calories thing New Year's Day since I don't want to make that a habit & fall into old habits that lead to me gaining weight.

On Christmas I didn't eat as bad as I usually have in the past. I had two plates of Sausage Dip with no crackers/chips, homemade baked mac & cheese, deviled eggs, & smokies. Now my dessert was a bit on the gluttonous side & I had a whole container of Turkey Hill Egg Nog ice cream (note to self do not buy that ice cream next year since I am over Egg Nog flavored stuff) & had three servings of Snickerdoodle Kookie cereal on top.

My goal for next year is to lose 37.5 more pounds to get to 160 & maybe go to 155 if I feel like I want a small maintenance cushion.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options

Family being what it is, as far as I can tell. We all go through it from time to time. I am sorry you're feeling this way at Christmastime.

I picked my own gifts from my immediate family this year, my brothers and I stopped gift giving years ago, and my dad is 85 and gives everyone cold, hard cash.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Thank you for your comments...I just needed to vent lol! It sounds like I'm very ungrateful...but now that I've had time to think about the situation, it's really because they don't ever acknowledge the gifts or thank the person who gives them (what I was brought up to always, always do -especially ensuring the children receiving items always thanked the giver...which my family doesn't seem to require from their kids.

• melissafeagins
    Options

Thank you for your comments...I just needed to vent lol! It sounds like I'm very ungrateful...but now that I've had time to think about the situation, it's really because they don't ever acknowledge the gifts or thank the person who gives them (what I was brought up to always, always do -especially ensuring the children receiving items always thanked the giver...which my family doesn't seem to require from their kids.

Ingratitude is hard to swallow, especially if you have tried to be thoughtful.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    6 days to moving day and I am feeling overwhelmed but prepared at the same time
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

16ao46aendyi.jpg

My husband works for AT&T. He is a lifer - 26+ years in. He refuses to go into management/engineering because of the union benefits. He actually walked a picket line with his dad in 1983.

I have worked 3 strikes in my career. Once as a 411 operator, twice as a CO technician. I enjoy being a CO technician. I hated 411. I may ask to do Fios installation tech if I get it again. They just signed like a 5 year contract so I'm safe for a while. I have been at Verizon 19 years. I have a sister that just retired from AT&T and one at T-Mobile. Both do mobile. I am landline. Just odd coincidence we all ended in telecom.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

You got this!!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Prepared is good! Hopefully move day will be quick and painless. Unpacking might take a bit more time, but you haven’t got pressure and time constraints to do that.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

This is the place to vent if you need to. I get what you mean about gratitude, one year I spent 3 hours trawling shops for hubbies sister and she ended up returning it anyway. So now, unless she specifically wants something, she gets vouchers so she can buy what she wants. I think she was grateful, but it was pretty disheartening for me.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Confession: I hate my job today.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    @Beka3695 if I sign up for the Trail of Tears 7 mile event on Saturday, what are the odds of getting you to walk with me or run behind me until you catch up? (walkers get a 1 hour head start)
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @Beka3695 if I sign up for the Trail of Tears 7 mile event on Saturday, what are the odds of getting you to walk with me or run behind me until you catch up? (walkers get a 1 hour head start)

Is it this coming Saturday? Where is it? I tried to google, but there are several.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Found it.

That is not too far from me at all! I’m having back issues today - if it clears up then absolutely. I’ll be a walker tho - I haven’t really ran in a month.