Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Gym time=
    I confess that I secretly wish I could find a MFP member who is close to where I live so I can have someone to work out with besides my boyfriend. He's gone a lot so our schedules don't always meet up.
    I'm pretty shy in a gym and it just takes a little encouragement for me to go to the weight room when there are already a bunch of people over there.

I am always afraid I am going to do something wrong and someone will get mad at me for interrupting their set. haha. Silly, I know... I don't wanna be THAT person y'know?

Also, I haven't been craving any particular foods lately which is really really strange to me.

Most of time I'm like " oh, I feel like chicken, or a burger, or tacos, etc."

Not this week :/

Makes me think something big is coming on. OH GOD.

This, if you're in the Quad Cities, let me know :smile:

Not sure what the quad cities are! haha

2.5 hours west of Chicago, on the border of Iowa. It's the only place where the Mississippi flows directly east to west.

ahh nope, sorry. used to live over in Ohio but now currently reside is Texas.

I was born in Dallas, Texas and now live in Ohio! Haha

haha holy crap I am in Dallas now. please PLEASEEEE tell me you live in Cleveland.

That way I can know I traded places with someone lol
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Yep, we all have our secret motivators. Part of mine is refusing to let my ex (that I mentioned in a previous post) have the satisfaction of saying I gained weight after we broke up. I did gain some weight, but it was due to other reasons.

That would motivate me, too. I haven't gained since we broke up but I've been struggling with my weight for a long time. (thank God I finally figured out how to get rid of it). I often wonder if my weight was why he seemed so disinterested in me :\

Now I'm going to have to go home and have chips and cheese for dinner.

My husband brought me along to do some grunt work for a job at a dentist office (they were only open a half day, it is a vacation/holiday weekend). I am feeling like crap and have so far taken a nap in the office on their couch. Permanently borrowed a free sample of tooth paste/brush and proceeded to spend 5 min brushing my teeth in the bathroom. Now I am laying on the couch reading this forum.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Gym time=
    I confess that I secretly wish I could find a MFP member who is close to where I live so I can have someone to work out with besides my boyfriend. He's gone a lot so our schedules don't always meet up.
    I'm pretty shy in a gym and it just takes a little encouragement for me to go to the weight room when there are already a bunch of people over there.

I am always afraid I am going to do something wrong and someone will get mad at me for interrupting their set. haha. Silly, I know... I don't wanna be THAT person y'know?

Also, I haven't been craving any particular foods lately which is really really strange to me.

2.5 hours west of Chicago, on the border of Iowa. It's the only place where the Mississippi flows directly east to west.

haha holy crap I am in Dallas now. please PLEASEEEE tell me you live in Cleveland.

Ahh so close! I'm in Columbus! But have been to Cleveland quite a few times!
  • saraherren
    saraherren Posts: 59 Member
    Gym time=

I actually live in Arlington! On the border of Arlington and Mansfield.
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Gym time=

hah well I did live in Columbus for 3 years but born and raised in Cleveland. Hah, I somehow feel satisfied by this.
  • mocadet95
    mocadet95 Posts: 75 Member
    I've been doing so good this week and I broke a little this morning and for breakfast had Sour Patch Kids.
  • LBuehrle8
    Gym time=

hah well I did live in Columbus for 3 years but born and raised in Cleveland. Hah, I somehow feel satisfied by this.

That's so nuts especially since I was born and lived in Dallas until I was 8! My dad was transferred to Dayton! Moved to VA for three years after college- was too far from the fam so moved to Columbus as nothing's happening in Dayton, Ohio haha
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Gym time=

That's so nuts especially since I was born and lived in Dallas until I was 8! My dad was transferred to Dayton! Moved to VA for three years after college- was too far from the fam so moved to Columbus as nothing's happening in Dayton, Ohio haha

I'm from Dayton area! Miamisburg actually. I went to college near Cleveland and now live east of Cincy.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    I am kinda cranky this a.m .. unexpected crappy weigh in, slept like crap, obnoxious pets in the morning... Today is supposed to be a rest day but my crappy weigh in makes me feel like I should work out... I dunno.

No slips this week with food so I am shocked by my weigh in. Yes, weight loss is not linear, some weeks will be up, some down, but damn, I feel like I worked soooo hard this week.

Just happens sometimes and is almost certainly meaningless, but I know it's hard not to let it get you down. I always figure it's bathroom-related or hormonal.
  • LBuehrle8
    Gym time=

I'm from Dayton area! Miamisburg actually. I went to college near Cleveland and now live east of Cincy.

Oh wow I'm from Kettering! And my name is Laura too :)
  • LBuehrle8
    I don't have kids yet though!
  • lemurcat12

Confession: I used to (and might still) pride myself on being able to name all the Quad Cities. (Used to date a guy from Moline, and he was impressed by this when we met. Few others have been, however.)
  • MoreFabbLessFlab
    MoreFabbLessFlab Posts: 60 Member
    I got to page 15 of the Gym Pet Peeves and wish it was on live feed to see how angry some of these people are, the blood guy was the best. I too am a "rail holder" Judge away.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    I saw this today and it made me think of this thread.

1vog6c5fl1c1.jpg
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Well, I'm not super social, but my guess would be that we'd all have more "physical" friends if we stopped following this string and talked to some "physical" people.

Pshaw. Get out of here with your logic :wink:

Guys! I have 10 pages to catch up on - stop being entertaining!
  • ethim
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I couldn't believe the difference in my kids from the teenage years to their early 20"s. It was like they all became these brand new people: adults I could have adult conversations with. They have all at various times surprised me by saying, "Hey remember X and I was mad at you for it? I get it now.". Of course, this means they too need to go through the emotions of relationships to understand (both good and bad). But that is all part of growing up.

I'm 24 and I understand this from their perspective. I'm able to talk with my mom now about those teen years and I see things more clearly about how I've matured since high school.

Confession: I only really have one girl who I consider my friend around here. The rest are all online. Haven't seen her since July. She lives 15 minutes away, but I don't drive and she has a kid and she has a 40-minute commute to her work, so she's always busy. We bought Christmas presents for each other and we haven't had the chance to get together. I feel like we don't really relate to each other anymore. She's most likely moving soon to be closer to her job and I'm pretending to be happy for her, but my only real friendship will basically be ending when it happens. It makes me feel lost. I haven't really had any friends since I was 16. I've let myself miss out on so much.

I know this feeling. I've gotten to the point where I've decided that if I want to do something I'll just have to do it by myself. I go to movies by myself, shopping by myself, and in January I took my dog and went away for the weekend. It was great. I've gotten tired of waiting for other people to finally be available so now I'm getting a "screw it, I'll just go do it" attitude.

Definitely this. For various reasons I've always felt the odd one out and that friendships I have made have faded/been cut off. Not only does this mean it's more difficult to make friends - the more I put in the harder it will hurt when it ends - it also means I've grown pretty independent. I go on holiday alone, go to gigs alone, go to the cinema alone, go on excursions to art galleries/hiking/museums/new places alone. Sometimes I like it - I can do what I want... but I do feel ALONE.
  • ethim
    Confession: When the confessions on the thread get serious I want to show sympathy/empathy, give support and advice but I'm rubbish at it. I get really awkward and don't know what to say. So I'm not ignoring them - I just don't know how to respond appropriately. (I'm even worse in real life.)
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    ethim wrote: »
    Confession: When the confessions on the thread get serious I want to show sympathy/empathy, give support and advice but I'm rubbish at it. I get really awkward and don't know what to say. So I'm not ignoring them - I just don't know how to respond appropriately. (I'm even worse in real life.)

Me too
  • ethim
    I went out to a bar with my husband last night. My parents have the kids and we haven't been out in years. I put on my six inch hooker boots and tightest pants, had two O'Douls (I don't drink) and ate cheese fries on a whim. I haven't eaten anything on a whim that wasn't a full on binge in months. I felt so normal! I then of course logged it and was right at maintenance so I would say that's a win.

That's a fab win! I'm looking forward to getting some "keep 'em on" boots if my calves get thinner.
  • lemurcat12
    ethim wrote: »

Me too, most of the time. Or it's been too long or I feel like it's redundant of what others have posted.

This actually was a really hard thing for me to learn to deal with off-line, although even though I'm still awkward I've gotten a bit better about acknowledging things and trying to express sympathy or the like. Part of it is that (off-line, obviously less so on-line) I'm extremely private even with the people I'm closest to and certainly with people I know less well, so I always think others may not want to talk about stuff or have others raising it even to express support, etc.