Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    I confess I don't log Ketchup. For no particular reason I just won't log it.

MFP has murdered my love of ketchup. I am now forced to siracha everything. Oh man I miss ketchup, but I fear if I have some I will just pour the whole bottle down my throat I love it so much.

Here is a lil backwards confession. I miss my fat gut every time I take a bath. It was like a perfect table to lay my computer, or book, or whatever on while i soaked for hours. Now that I am 25lbs less (!!!) barely anything sticks out of the water and I have to hold everything up.

I am sooo the opposite of this, I love being able to get all of me under the water... had not been able to in about 30 years until recently losing 60+ lbs.

On the list of things that never occurred to me to check when we bought this house - the tub was kind of shallow and really short. We remodeled the bathroom a few years ago, and top priority was a tub I could sit in without having to bend my knees. I still can't get all of me under, though. Not sure they make tubs that long.

New reason to win the lottery.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

MFP has murdered my love of ketchup. I am now forced to siracha everything. Oh man I miss ketchup, but I fear if I have some I will just pour the whole bottle down my throat I love it so much.

Here is a lil backwards confession. I miss my fat gut every time I take a bath. It was like a perfect table to lay my computer, or book, or whatever on while i soaked for hours. Now that I am 25lbs less (!!!) barely anything sticks out of the water and I have to hold everything up.

I am sooo the opposite of this, I love being able to get all of me under the water... had not been able to in about 30 years until recently losing 60+ lbs.

On the list of things that never occurred to me to check when we bought this house - the tub was kind of shallow and really short. We remodeled the bathroom a few years ago, and top priority was a tub I could sit in without having to bend my knees. I still can't get all of me under, though. Not sure they make tubs that long.

I have a nice deep garden tub.
  • JPW1990
    Options

I'm jealous of your tub. I want one like that, but there's no way to do it unless we knock out a wall and turn a bedroom into part of the bathroom.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    My tub is a tub/shower combination. It's a rounded (connected to the wall of course) old cast iron tub. The only reason it's still here is it's too heavy to get rid of it I imagine.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I have 40 min. left of my work day and then I can officially say I survived tax season! From years of experience, however, I'm not going to celebrate until I successfully get out the door. I have had way too many last-minute requests and desperate pleads for help. Don't we all own a calendar at this point?! Oh yeah, there's one on the phone that is incessantly in everyone's hands. Sorry. End of rant.

HA!! there's a big cooking contest on Sunday, that all of the Chef's here are taking part in. One of the cooks, not Chef's came over and asked if they had ordered a bunch of micro-greens and specialty produce and I'm like nope, she thought I was kidding.

She's going to be sore when her edamame (sp) and small root bites aren't here.

Rut Roh Raggy!

Hahaha! That sounds like fun! Do you get to taste-test all the entries? What are the rules of the contest? I mean, are there specific dishes they are making or is it "best dish"?
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

I am unable to take a bath because I cannot justify "wasting" all of that water! However, I do let my grandkids play in the bath and outside in the water, so I'm not a complete Scrooge. I just feel it's kind of a waste of water for myself. Then again, I prefer a sauna to relax in rather than a bathtub.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I have 40 min. left of my work day and then I can officially say I survived tax season! From years of experience, however, I'm not going to celebrate until I successfully get out the door. I have had way too many last-minute requests and desperate pleads for help. Don't we all own a calendar at this point?! Oh yeah, there's one on the phone that is incessantly in everyone's hands. Sorry. End of rant.

HA!! there's a big cooking contest on Sunday, that all of the Chef's here are taking part in. One of the cooks, not Chef's came over and asked if they had ordered a bunch of micro-greens and specialty produce and I'm like nope, she thought I was kidding.

Rut Roh Raggy!

Hahaha! That sounds like fun! Do you get to taste-test all the entries? What are the rules of the contest? I mean, are there specific dishes they are making or is it "best dish"?

It's by category,

Poultry
    Beef
    Pig
    Farm to Table
    Fusion

And I could taste the dishes, but I'm not going to a food show on a Sunday.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Rut Roh Raggy!

It's by category,

Poultry
    Beef
    Pig
    Farm to Table
    Fusion

And I could taste the dishes, but I'm not going to a food show on a Sunday.

Interesting. Yeah, if it's actual work, then forget it. Gotta have some time off on the weekends.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I love nerdcore rap.

MC Chris
    MC Frontalot
    Jesse Dangerously
    Optimus Rhyme

just to name a few.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I'm for some reason incapable of not waiting until the last minute with my taxes (I almost always get an extension, and I typically do my estimate and file for that on 4/15, which I did today). I really don't know what the heck is wrong with me, but at least I did not bother anyone else with it except for those who had to endure my bad mood today. Turbo Tax.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    AllTheNoms wrote: »
    I used to make butter sandwiches. Butter? Good. Bread? Good.

It really is a wonder how I ended up overweight.

@AllTheNoms ...I do the EXACT same thing!!!!!

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ok so my confession - I hate baths. They actually completely gross me out. It's childhood trauma from my mom never rinsing the tub before giving us baths and my dad's hair floating all over. Just so freaking gross.

I still freak out when the shower drain is getting clogged and water keeps accumulating and cannot take showers in public places like the gym, I get completely grossed out by any hair on the drains... even mine.

Needless to say, my husband can keep asking about going camping, it's just not happening.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I'm for some reason incapable of not waiting until the last minute with my taxes (I almost always get an extension, and I typically do my estimate and file for that on 4/15, which I did today). I really don't know what the heck is wrong with me, but at least I did not bother anyone else with it except for those who had to endure my bad mood today. Turbo Tax.

That's the thing, if you want to wait, fine. Just don't expect other people to take care of it for you! I know you don't, so I'm pointing that out and appreciating it. I have people dump it on my like it's MY problem. Five minutes and counting down...
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok so my confession - I hate baths. They actually completely gross me out. It's childhood trauma from my mom never rinsing the tub before giving us baths and my dad's hair floating all over. Just so freaking gross.

I still freak out when the shower drain is getting clogged and water keeps accumulating and cannot take showers in public places like the gym, I get completely grossed out by any hair on the drains... even mine.

Needless to say, my husband can keep asking about going camping, it's just not happening.

Ahhhh now I'm going to have bath nightmares tonight! That is super gross I can understand your intense dislike for baths!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Lol, I would also NEVER go camping unless I had access to a clean bathroom for the whole time we're there :joy:
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    We just put party hats on and danced around the house as a celebration because my 2 year old did a wee on the potty. I'm debating whether or not to bake cupcakes lmfao
    I'm such a weird mummy
  • JPW1990
    Options
    We just put party hats on and danced around the house as a celebration because my 2 year old did a wee on the potty. I'm debating whether or not to bake cupcakes lmfao
    I'm such a weird mummy

When my son was in daycare, another mom brought in a sheet cake for the entire class when her son got out of pull ups. Beware the precedent you set ;)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    And yet another rant... despite buying tights labelled as suitable for women up to 5'11" (and I am only 5'9"), I have once again spent the day in tights whose crotch sat about 2" below mine. Don't even get me started on the weight range... which begins about 30 lbs heavier than I am.

Well, if nothing else, the damned tights shortened my stride so I probably ended up logging more steps on my lunch hour walk. Guess there's a bright side.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have a 12 year old youkie named Mandy (our first child) who is on heart Medicin. The vet says do what you have to to get her to take them. (It seems to get harder and harder. Damn clever dog) So for the confession part 1: I fed her the Medicin in the last meatball so I wouldn't eat it. Now the poor thing has gas and looks miserable.
    She won't even play with my husband. Who teases Mandy about an invisible bone. She continues to nip at him with her tail a wagging. Confession 2: it's a little annoying after a while and I hope she actually nips him at some stage. Not that it would hurt because she had to have her bottom front teeth removed about a year ago.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    My husband and I have a 12 year old youkie named Mandy (our first child) who is on heart Medicin. The vet says do what you have to to get her to take them. (It seems to get harder and harder. Damn clever dog) So for the confession part 1: I fed her the Medicin in the last meatball so I wouldn't eat it. Now the poor thing has gas and looks miserable.
    She won't even play with my husband. Who teases Mandy about an invisible bone. She continues to nip at him with her tail a wagging. Confession 2: it's a little annoying after a while and I hope she actually nips him at some stage. Not that it would hurt because she had to have her bottom front teeth removed about a year ago.

My former dog took thyroid medication for 10 years, twice a day. I used to buy cheap processed cheese slices, tear off a small piece, and squish/fold his pill inside that. He gobbled it up. Just to be fair, the other dog got a small piece of cheese too, without a pill.

I never used the cheese slices for anything else and they lasted quite well for a few days.