Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession - on weeks when I work out regularly and hard and see a rather embarrassing increase in libido, and I dare not google that to see if it's a common thing. (I am guessing it could be linked to upped testosterone levels? In women high testosterone is known to... up...... erm........ desire.)

Losing weight did this to me.
  • AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Pipara wrote: »
    I have completely irrational anxiety about talking on the phone to anyone but my immediate family. As a result I don't answer the phone when I don't recognise the number, most of the time I don't answer it even when I do. I absolutely hate having to call to make appointments (doctors, hair etc). Even my manager at work has taken the hint and now texts/emails me instead to ask if I can cover for someone.
    I can't remember if it's always been like this, but it is soo annoying sometimes!
    I completely understand, I'm the same way. The second I hear the phone ring I start getting sweaty palms. There are a lot of people who don't understand and ask "Why don't you just pick up the phone? It's just talking... you're talking to me right now, what's the difference?" It's something I can't explain! Texting >>>> Talking on the phone.

Same here. I need to find a new job after being laid off and even though I'm mainly skilled in administrative work, I won't even apply for something if answering phones is listed in the job duties. Even though every job I've had involved phones and I'm actually rather good at it, I hate it so so SO much.

The anxiety of starting over at a new job in general completely terrifies me. Somehow I've managed to keep myself together enough to hold onto good jobs in the past but this time around I'm really scared. I haven't applied for anything in a few weeks. My dream is to work alone. No phones, no face-to-face interaction...is that too much to ask?! :wink:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I recently discovered chocolate coated popcorn. This is not good news.

Chocolate covered jujubes

! -- (wait, *what*?!!!)

This... is such a foreign 'concept'...and in reading of its existence, feels as though I've just learned that some previously-understood, unwritten 'rule', about something 'fundamental' in the universe, has just been discovered to be false... (guess what? -- it turns out you *can* divide by zero!... <--- you might as well have just 'announced' *that*, the utter shockwave-inducing consequence of finding out that jujubes have now had a 'hey, you got jujubes in my chocolate!', Reese's-like 'big bang' moment, was *that* stunning (and summarily shattered my previous understanding of what would constitute viable 'chocolate-coverable, candy concoction compatibility complexes (jujubes and chocolate...?...! -- it's almost 'sci-fi' -like, it's so 'otherworldly'...! :) ))...

ythannah, I'm a fan of chocolate, and have historically been a fan of jujubes... but I'm gonna 'need a moment' to let this one sink in... ;)

There was entirely too much bacon in this thread, IMHO. It needed another injection of chocolate.

It's funny you mention that, because something I thought, but somehow refrained from conveying (perhaps I received a telepathic signal from you? :P ), was that the only way to make those chocolate covered jujubes any better would be to wrap them in bacon...! (I'm not kidding -- that actually crossed my mind... :) )

(An associated reality, however, would be the likely subsequent need to freaking toothpick-ize them, and *that's* not gonna happen (unless they're served as appetizers at some party for which the attendees are prepared to 'expect the unexpected' (though it still might warrant having them sign liability waivers, what with the pending shock being of such non-trivial 'magnitude' ;) ))...

I'm wondering why 2 of your posts on an earlier page were flagged??? Any idea why?

I had no idea that any of my posts had been flagged... how 'nice'...

If I had to hazard a guess, it would seem that the length 'bothered' someone (though that doesn't constitute grounds for flagging)...

I just checked details associated with my notifications... 2 posts were flagged (and presumably by the same person) as being "Spam" (which they perhaps consider anything beyond a certain length to 'be' (so much for embracing the "absolutely no judgment" aspect of the thread))...

(Thank you for the heads up... and Thank you for reading my posts...)

It could also be what ythannah mentioned: your user name could be mistaken for a computer-generated spam name. I have to admit, I'd love to hear how you came up with it! Looks like what happens when I drop something on my key board.

I did spend some time last night trying to figure out if it stood for something.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

It's a fast moving thread--just keep chatting!

Lol I'm well aware, I've read every single post in this thread, I'm always caught up :smiley:

Throw something super juicy and gossipy up!

I don't think that really works. The guy who slept with his cousin's wife and the girl with two boyfriends were largely ignored...

When did this happen?!?!?!?!?
    Sometimes I feel like all my posts are invisible, cause no one ever replies to them :/

It's a fast moving thread--just keep chatting!

Lol I'm well aware, I've read every single post in this thread, I'm always caught up :smiley:

Throw something super juicy and gossipy up!

I don't think that really works. The guy who slept with his cousin's wife and the girl with two boyfriends were largely ignored...

When did this happen?!?!?!?!?

Way back in the thread. I think the cousin's wife one was quite near the start. Apparently it was fun when it happened but now visiting them is awkward. Probably unsurprisingly.

I don't remember that one either. My favorite was the guy that slept with an older woman (one night stand kind of thing), fast forward a couple years, starts dating some girl, the girl takes him to meet her Mom, and guess who!

I remember all of it. I think when things get to the point we want to judge...we ignore it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

We went very low key. We already have two children together, we have lived together for 7 years. We don't even really care about being married, we are totally committed regardless - we mainly did it so that my now husband can adopt my older child who he has been raising this whole time. She knew that, and still made a huge fuss over nothing. Oh well.

I don't think you sound selfish. People can be so unreasonable. Also, I like your cat.

Thanks!! he is so adorable and can be a little *kitten* sometimes but he is my kid... until I have kids.

I am a huge cat person. I do have kids, but I'm just as likely to bore someone talking about my cats or showing their pictures.

My wife & I don't have kids, just cats & dogs.

We've lost 3 cats & a Lab over the years, and we took our favorite photo of them & blew them up on those 18 x 30 photo-to-canvas prints...they're major pieces of our wall art, lol

I love this. When my gelding (the love of my life) had a stroke last year I hired 2 different photographers to photograph him. He is still going strong (if walking crooked) but he will paper the walls of my condo forever (he is he bigger of the 2 black horses in my Avatar -- Oberon).
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I have a phone interview tomorrow for a job, and I'm super nervous about it. I've been out of work for a long time, I really need a job (and this one sounds pretty good), and I haven't interviewed in about 5 years. I know, logically, that even if I totally blow it, I'm in no worse position than I am now...but my stomach is still jumping around like crazy. :/

You will do great. Take deep breaths and relax. Pretend you don't care. I always do better when I don't care! :)

Thanks :) You reminded me that that's how I got my last job. I got lost (twice) trying to find the place so I was a half-hour late to the interview. I figured I'd blown it, so I just chatted with everyone and ended up getting the job (it turned out to be one of the worst experiences of my life but that's besides the point). I'll definitely try to keep this in mind tomorrow :)
    AshZie wrote: »
    I have completely irrational anxiety about talking on the phone to anyone but my immediate family. As a result I don't answer the phone when I don't recognise the number, most of the time I don't answer it even when I do. I absolutely hate having to call to make appointments (doctors, hair etc). Even my manager at work has taken the hint and now texts/emails me instead to ask if I can cover for someone.
    I can't remember if it's always been like this, but it is soo annoying sometimes!
    I completely understand, I'm the same way. The second I hear the phone ring I start getting sweaty palms. There are a lot of people who don't understand and ask "Why don't you just pick up the phone? It's just talking... you're talking to me right now, what's the difference?" It's something I can't explain! Texting >>>> Talking on the phone.

Same here. I need to find a new job after being laid off and even though I'm mainly skilled in administrative work, I won't even apply for something if answering phones is listed in the job duties. Even though every job I've had involved phones and I'm actually rather good at it, I hate it so so SO much.

The anxiety of starting over at a new job in general completely terrifies me. Somehow I've managed to keep myself together enough to hold onto good jobs in the past but this time around I'm really scared. I haven't applied for anything in a few weeks. My dream is to work alone. No phones, no face-to-face interaction...is that too much to ask?! :wink:
    Yup. Me, too. My dream job is to be Jessica Fletcher from "Murder, She Wrote." Living alone in a quaint seaside town writing best-sellers. I could do without all the dead bodies though.
  • Oberon21
    Options

How about an online chat representative? Might be perfect.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have a phone interview tomorrow for a job, and I'm super nervous about it. I've been out of work for a long time, I really need a job (and this one sounds pretty good), and I haven't interviewed in about 5 years. I know, logically, that even if I totally blow it, I'm in no worse position than I am now...but my stomach is still jumping around like crazy. :/

You will do great. Take deep breaths and relax. Pretend you don't care. I always do better when I don't care! :)

Thanks :) You reminded me that that's how I got my last job. I got lost (twice) trying to find the place so I was a half-hour late to the interview. I figured I'd blown it, so I just chatted with everyone and ended up getting the job (it turned out to be one of the worst experiences of my life but that's besides the point). I'll definitely try to keep this in mind tomorrow :)

Yup. Me, too. My dream job is to be Jessica Fletcher from "Murder, She Wrote." Living alone in a quaint seaside town writing best-sellers. I could do without all the dead bodies though.

So many dead bodies popped up around her and yet she was never a suspect. I never trusted her...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    It's comforting to know that other people eat the whole bag, box, or package of something sometimes. It's like you can't help it. You buy it with the intention of eating the serving size, but cravings take over, and it's gone.

This is really good to know that I am not alone in this. I will eat entire bags of things if they are in my house. I can not have chips, sweets, or anything of that sort in my house or I will eat it all.

This is why I do not have any food in my house. Seriously. Cat food is it.

Confession: When I was a little kid, mum always had to feed the cat on top of the chest freezer, not to keep the kibble away from the dog, but to keep it away from me and my brother. We loved that stuff.

I tried dog food when I was a kid. And as an adult the bran mash we feed to the horses ( includes sweet feed -- how could I not?). Gross to both. And sweet feed is NOT sweet.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    It's comforting to know that other people eat the whole bag, box, or package of something sometimes. It's like you can't help it. You buy it with the intention of eating the serving size, but cravings take over, and it's gone.

This is really good to know that I am not alone in this. I will eat entire bags of things if they are in my house. I can not have chips, sweets, or anything of that sort in my house or I will eat it all.

This is why I do not have any food in my house. Seriously. Cat food is it.

To clarify I never binge eat cat food....I am a vegetarian after all.

I never thought otherwise, but I love that you felt you needed to clarify. On this thread, why not?

I also have a friend who is a vegetarian who loves her dog (who has all sorts of medical issues and allergies) so much that she home cooks his non-vegetarian food. I mean, I guess that would be expected, but it seems a level of commitment beyond buying the food.

(I'm a carb eater who has my cats on a low carb diet, but that's of course different.) ;-)

I would do this. But since I am hardly home I would PAY someone to do this if I had to.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok my confession du jour. I have gotten so good at home eating well and not drinking. WHY WHY when I travel I blow it?????
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So many dead bodies popped up around her and yet she was never a suspect. I never trusted her...

Or if she was a suspect, it was only for a second because who would believe such a kindly older lady would be a killer, right? You know, the first sheriff - Amos Tupper - disappeared (after the first couple seasons) and supposedly went to live in Kentucky, but I suspect that he was actually buried under her rose garden ;)
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    And yet another rant... despite buying tights labelled as suitable for women up to 5'11" (and I am only 5'9"), I have once again spent the day in tights whose crotch sat about 2" below mine. Don't even get me started on the weight range... which begins about 30 lbs heavier than I am.

Well, if nothing else, the damned tights shortened my stride so I probably ended up logging more steps on my lunch hour walk. Guess there's a bright side.

The weight range for tall women is ridiculous. I hate always having to hike my hose up, it makes no sense at all.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    And yet another rant... despite buying tights labelled as suitable for women up to 5'11" (and I am only 5'9"), I have once again spent the day in tights whose crotch sat about 2" below mine. Don't even get me started on the weight range... which begins about 30 lbs heavier than I am.

Well, if nothing else, the damned tights shortened my stride so I probably ended up logging more steps on my lunch hour walk. Guess there's a bright side.

The weight range for tall women is ridiculous. I hate always having to hike my hose up, it makes no sense at all.

I hate that too! Plus, I wear tights so I don't get chub rub, but when they slip down, I get woorse chub rub than not wearing them at all!!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

According the the charts, there should not even be hose in existence that fit my body. In reality, regular sizes fit me just fine--I don't even need plus or tall at just over 5'10."

Try wearing thigh-highs instead of pantyhose--very little hiking up. They just feel better overall. I LOVE this place for all kinds of stockings:sockdreams.com/
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

A very wise friend of mine made a lot of telephone calls in her working life (she's now retired) and always says that if you smile when you speak, it will come across in your voice. She worked in scheduling and had to call people in to cover shifts so she had a vested interest in sounding pleasant and cheerful.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok so I went to the sugar thread after getting caught up on this. Sooo not judging but... Does anyone notice that it's like the same 3 or 4 people who blow up these threads? And get all nasty and judgmental? They seem to follow each other around.

I hope they never find their way to this thread.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options

A very wise friend of mine made a lot of telephone calls in her working life (she's now retired) and always says that if you smile when you speak, it will come across in your voice. She worked in scheduling and had to call people in to cover shifts so she had a vested interest in sounding pleasant and cheerful.

Y'all would hate my job. I work in retail. I talk to customers all the time. It has reaffirmed one if my favorite song lyrics: "Everybody knows, that the world is full of stupid people..."

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Ok so I went to the sugar thread after getting caught up on this. Sooo not judging but... Does anyone notice that it's like the same 3 or 4 people who blow up these threads? And get all nasty and judgmental? They seem to follow each other around.

I hope they never find their way to this thread.

It's been noticed before. I guess everyone needs a hobby.
  • AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    Options

How about an online chat representative? Might be perfect.

I never thought about that! It would be perfect for me :smiley: