Juice Cleanse

Options

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Someone explain to me just how drinking juice and water "resets" your body? Reset it to what? To infancy?

What exactly are we talking about here? Because like the word "toxins" -- everybody wants to eliminate toxins -- no definable criteria is ever enumerated, other than a vague notion of doing something "healthy" sounding.
    My personal "juice cleanse" choices are bottles of wine. Like I did Saturday. It was delicious and believe me, after those two bottles I sure ate barely anything on Sunday. WIN WIN, right?
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    I prefer the Taco Bell cleanse. *nod*

LOL
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Someone explain to me just how drinking juice and water "resets" your body? Reset it to what? To infancy?

What exactly are we talking about here? Because like the word "toxins" -- everybody wants to eliminate toxins -- no definable criteria is ever enumerated, other than a vague notion of doing something "healthy" sounding.
    My personal "juice cleanse" choices are bottles of wine. Like I did Saturday. It was delicious and believe me, after those two bottles I sure ate barely anything on Sunday. WIN WIN, right?
    I wish I could still hold my liquor, other than the odd bloody mary once-in-awhile, because I miss those types of cleansing.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of trying a juice cleanse in about a week to try and reset my body and get back on track with eating healthy. It's a bit expensive but the drinks sound good. I want to try the Cedar juice cleanse. Any tips or suggestions pre/post cleanse?

Reset? Why not just upload some nutrients to your body's hard drive with a blah blah blah insert popular buzz words here etc. Good luck with that, go for the most expensive option, they always work better.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you trying to detox? If you're trying to detox your liver what are you trying to detox it from? Most people say they want to detox but they have no idea what they're trying to detoxify. Most of that crap is such a scam and there's no way something like Lemon Juice + Maple Syrup for 10 days is healthy. Oh yeah, and the Tea that makes you *kitten* like crazy in-between. I wish I could remember which "detox" it was but one of those went to court for claims in his book, not sure if it was criminal or not but he was in court and found guilty. Try and make nutritious food decisions and exercise, don't worry about the minor details of stuff.

Do the important stuff 90% of the time and don't worry about that small stuff. Too many people want to do the unimportant stuff 90% of the time and then slack on the important stuff all the time, but it doesn't work that way.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Wow, you got such a better reaction then when I asked. I asked about detox water recipes and got ripped a new XXXX.

That may be because there are so many people who try to do really, really stupid things that could damage their health. Most people here are into staying healthy and losing weight at the same time. You should be thankful that people care enough to help, not get all defensive about it.
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. Use the juice as an added bonus to your fruit/veggie intake.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with weight loss. I've been having stomach aches/ pains no matter what I eat lately and feel this is a way to help that with a 3 day juice cleanse. It consists of 6 drinks each day + water and herbal tea. I've grown up with my dad doing unhealthy juice cleanses ("lemonade cleanse") which I don't agree with and would never do. Post cleanse my plan was for lots of veggies and fruits and slowly add in other foods as tolerated. Hope this makes sense.

Step away from your juice cleanse and do as others said and go to the doctor. Stomach pains should not be ignored because it can go from pain to damn serious fast quick and in a hurry.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »
    What exactly are you trying to detox? If you're trying to detox your liver what are you trying to detox it from? Most people say they want to detox but they have no idea what they're trying to detoxify. Most of that crap is such a scam and there's no way something like Lemon Juice + Maple Syrup for 10 days is healthy. Oh yeah, and the Tea that makes you *kitten* like crazy in-between. I wish I could remember which "detox" it was but one of those went to court for claims in his book, not sure if it was criminal or not but he was in court and found guilty. Try and make nutritious food decisions and exercise, don't worry about the minor details of stuff.

Do the important stuff 90% of the time and don't worry about that small stuff. Too many people want to do the unimportant stuff 90% of the time and then slack on the important stuff all the time, but it doesn't work that way.

"According to the American Liver Foundation, liver disease is the seventh leading cause of death in the United States, and over 25 million Americans have liver-related disease. The leading causes include viruses, hereditary defects and adverse drug reactions. However, the liver is the only organ that can actually regenerate. Furthermore, a healthy diet that includes alkaline foods that support liver function aid in this process and help the liver create new tissue. Interestingly, although lemons are high in acidic content, they are also one of the most alkaline foods available, making them one of the best ways to encourage liver regeneration."
  • MrCoolGrim
    Options

"According to the American Liver Foundation, liver disease is the seventh leading cause of death in the United States, and over 25 million Americans have liver-related disease. The leading causes include viruses, hereditary defects and adverse drug reactions. However, the liver is the only organ that can actually regenerate. Furthermore, a healthy diet that includes alkaline foods that support liver function aid in this process and help the liver create new tissue. Interestingly, although lemons are high in acidic content, they are also one of the most alkaline foods available, making them one of the best ways to encourage liver regeneration."

also,

"Lemon juice supports liver function by strengthening liver enzymes, regulating blood carbohydrate levels and serving as the basis for new enzyme creation. According to A.F. Beddoe, author of "Biological Ionization in Human Nutrition," fresh lemon juice works better at helping your liver make more enzymes than any other food. In addition, lemon is a natural antiseptic that kills harmful bacteria. It's also an antioxidant that can stabilize free radicals as they are released into the bloodstream during the digestive process."
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Master cleanse it is! Pass me that cayenne pepper, plz!
    Options

Source?

Alkaline diets are way blown out of proportion. It is very difficult, if damn near impossible to raise your body's blood PH level.

Really all they are saying is eat more veggies.
  • MrCoolGrim
    Options

Source?

Alkaline diets are way blown out of proportion. It is very difficult, if damn near impossible to raise your body's blood PH level.

"American Liver Foundation"
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    A.F. Beddoe... - a wretched hive of woo and derpity.
    "What is Advanced Ideals Institute?

Advanced Ideals Institute, is established to promote, through its online health education ministry, advanced biological-humanitarian health education in the arenas of agriculture and natural health science, via online instruction, training, certification as well as consulting services based on the science and technology of Dr. Carey Reams' Biological Theory of Ionization (RBTI). To offer these services in all branches of soil, animal and human health disciplines for bringing about a new ideal paradigm for understanding how life and health has its vital foundation in the electrochemistry of the soil in order to bring about the production of foods that become the ideal cause of super life, health and longevity of both animal and man, thereby promoting planetary harmony and advancement toward spiritual Light and Life. It is our joy and our goal to provide Advanced Ideals Institute's organization so we can share, through our seminars and publication, with everyone seeking the true Biological Theory of Ionization science and technology. Therefore, it is our mission, ministry and purpose to directly impact and advance the true life and health ideals of current human life status on planet Earth to the Glory of God.

What is The Reams' Biological Theory of Ionization (RBTI)?

Biological Ionization is a comprehensive system of mathematical principles that allow for a new and complete understanding of how the ionic electrochemical basis of biological life is to ideally develop and function. Therefore, this model also explains the cause of degenerative dis-ease namely, ionic mineral deficiencies causing electrochemical depletion, distortion, disruption and destruction of the ideal and healthy environment of the basic cellular components and sub components of the cells. Additionally, and most importantly, this model provides the exact tools required to address the cause of the electrochemical dysfunctions that are called dis-ease whether in plant, animal or human and reverse them."

The word salad is strong in that one.
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Source?

No.

The paragraph states "According to..." that is someone else paraphrasing what they think the ALF says.

Find me where the American Liver Foundation states that?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Source?

No.

The paragraph states "According to..." that is someone else paraphrasing what they think the ALF says.

I did find this, which only advocates altering your diet if you have an actual liver disease:
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/downloads/alf_download_729.pdf
  • MrCoolGrim
    Options

Source?

No.

Your right! Can't find anything. But it can't hurt to have a few glasses a week especially for those that don't eat or like vegtables?
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Source?

No.

I did find this, which only advocates altering your diet if you have an actual liver disease:
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/downloads/alf_download_729.pdf
    I found this one, but likewise it only informs what to do in the advent of liver disease.

It's just like A.F. Beddoe taking poor Ream's research and twisting it into some freak show pet "theory" of his own.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

You do realize it takes 45 days for your liver to "regenerate" itself, right? Not 10 days.