Juice Cleanse

I'm thinking of trying a juice cleanse in about a week to try and reset my body and get back on track with eating healthy. It's a bit expensive but the drinks sound good. I want to try the Cedar juice cleanse. Any tips or suggestions pre/post cleanse?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I think it sounds nasty. What is the body reset you speak of, and why can't you just go back to eating healthy, today? You can send me the money instead.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,030 Member
    You won't get a good reception on cleanses here. There's no detox, no reset, just a lightening of your pocket. My advice pre-cleanse is save your money, and avoid having a post-cleanse at all.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Why would you put yourself through that ????
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Don't do it.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    There's no such thing as a detox/cleanse. Your body detoxes naturally. You're throwing your money away.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I prefer the Taco Bell cleanse. *nod*
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Please, no cleanses, you're just cleansing your wallet with that stuff. Yuck.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Your body isn't a piece of electronics, it doesn't reset.
    Cleanses have zero proven benefits.
    The only good cleanse is a shower/bath with some good soap.

Save your money and your sanity, don't do it.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    You won't get a good reception on cleanses here. There's no detox, no reset, just a lightening of your pocket. My advice pre-cleanse is save your money, and avoid having a post-cleanse at all.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Lol everyone else's responses pretty much sum up my thoughts. Not a fan of cleanses. I think they are gimmicks plus I just don't know that it's very good for you to put your body thru that. I guess a one day cleanse or so wouldn't be so bad if you're trying to clean out your intestinal tract and poop everything out ..
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Your liver and your kidneys cleanse all day for you. If you need a cleanse, you need an MD, not juice.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    You are not a clock. You don't need resetting. Just start making small, sustainable changes that you can see yourself sticking with, and build from there. Cleanses are crap, anyway. They do nothing in terms of long term weight loss, or promoting healthy habits. Which is what we're all about, here.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I'm thinking of trying a juice cleanse in about a week to try and reset my body and get back on track with eating healthy. It's a bit expensive but the drinks sound good. I want to try the Cedar juice cleanse. Any tips or suggestions pre/post cleanse?
    do a search for juice cleanse here.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    The only time you should do a "cleanse" is if you are majorly constipated. Nothing clears that out ODing on juice.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Sounds like a miserable way to waste a large amount of money. If I'm going to throw my money away I at least want to do it on something enjoyable.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    techgal128 wrote: »
    The only time you should do a "cleanse" is if you are majorly constipated. Nothing clears that out ODing on juice.
    Prune juice.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Every time I use juice instead of water for a cleanse, I find my clothes stick to my body in an uncomfortable way.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    I think that juice is great for micronutrients, but I can't quite understand it as a weight loss tool (though I admit I've seen people lose with it). I would think it would be easier to eat the whole fruits and veggies and feel full. I would try to make sure you are at least getting the minimum protein requirements as well.

If by reset, you are talking about changing your taste preference and getting rid of cravings, a week or two of whole foods without added fat or sugar would accomplish that goal in a much more pleasant manner. There is nothing wrong with adding fat and sugar in general if it fits in your calorie budget, but I assume you are trying to "reset" your taste buds away from sweets and fatty foods. I think a short strict phase can sometimes help with cravings and tastes, as long as you don't sacrifice good nutrition (in other words, get your protein and fat and don't go too low on calories)

Also, fresh cold pressed juice is wicked expensive. $4 per 8 oz serving around here and you'd need at least 12-15 servings to get adequate calories.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member

My tip would be to just try and get back on track with eating healthy without it.

And what do you mean by 'reset' your body, out of interest?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    randomtai wrote: »
    I prefer the Taco Bell cleanse. *nod*
    With added sugar free gummy bears!