jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    I prefer the Taco Bell cleanse. *nod*
    With added sugar free gummy bears!
  • mackenzierain
    mackenzierain Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with weight loss. I've been having stomach aches/ pains no matter what I eat lately and feel this is a way to help that with a 3 day juice cleanse. It consists of 6 drinks each day + water and herbal tea. I've grown up with my dad doing unhealthy juice cleanses ("lemonade cleanse") which I don't agree with and would never do. Post cleanse my plan was for lots of veggies and fruits and slowly add in other foods as tolerated. Hope this makes sense.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Post cleanse my plan was for lots of veggies and fruits and slowly add in other foods as tolerated.

Skip the cleanse and start here...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with weight loss. I've been having stomach aches/ pains no matter what I eat lately and feel this is a way to help that with a 3 day juice cleanse. It consists of 6 drinks each day + water and herbal tea. I've grown up with my dad doing unhealthy juice cleanses ("lemonade cleanse") which I don't agree with and would never do. Post cleanse my plan was for lots of veggies and fruits and slowly add in other foods as tolerated. Hope this makes sense.

See a doctor.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options

Get to a doctor -- a juice cleanse is voodoo medicine.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    Every time I use juice instead of water for a cleanse, I find my clothes stick to my body in an uncomfortable way.
    Do you get fruit flies? I get fruit flies , too.

• SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with weight loss. I've been having stomach aches/ pains no matter what I eat lately and feel this is a way to help that with a 3 day juice cleanse.

Best to see a doctor. Why do you feel a juice cleanse would stop the stomach pains?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Unless you mean you are constipated, I would expect juice to be the last thing to help with tummy pains. It sounds more like a way to make the problem much worse. Time to see a dr?
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    With all the talk on TV about cleanses and detoxing, etc. I asked my nutritionist about it because we never heard them (the dr.'s office staff) talk about it. She said if there were anything valuable to those, they would have recommended them. But they don't.

Hey, if you can't trust your bariatric surgeon's office staff, including a bariatric nutritionist, who can you trust?!

• BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options

See a doctor.

I have to agree with this one. Don't mess around with your health.
  • Taylor_Bride_to_Be
    Options
    Wow, you got such a better reaction then when I asked. I asked about detox water recipes and got ripped a new *kitten*.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    "Resetting your body" isn't a thing.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    Wow, you got such a better reaction then when I asked. I asked about detox water recipes and got ripped a new *kitten*.
    Yeah, not surprising......
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

See a doctor.

I have to agree with this one. Don't mess around with your health.

This, If you're having pain regardless of what you eat, you need to see a doctor about that. Juice isn't going to improve that.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Unless you mean you are constipated, I would expect juice to be the last thing to help with tummy pains. It sounds more like a way to make the problem much worse. Time to see a dr?

Yes.

If the first- go hit up five guys- or white castle. That should clear that right up.

If you mean pains and problems- a doctor.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    aggelikik wrote: »

If the first- go hit up five guys- or white castle. That should clear that right up.
    LOL! :s

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Mmm hmm... Wonder why.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    I prefer the Taco Bell cleanse. *nod*
    With added sugar free gummy bears!

The horror...
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Someone explain to me just how drinking juice and water "resets" your body? Reset it to what? To infancy?

What exactly are we talking about here? Because like the word "toxins" -- everybody wants to eliminate toxins -- no definable criteria is ever enumerated, other than a vague notion of doing something "healthy" sounding.