What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    That you will walk out of a restaurant without ordering after looking at a menu and realizing they don't have anything that will fit your macros.

Wow. Can't wait for that to happen to me!!
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Nobody told my that my community would benefit as well. Now that I walk around town instead of driving from one spot to another, I've taken up the habit of picking up trash and disposing of it.
    I find it strange though when some people look at me like "what is she doing?" They're probably the same people who just drop their trash where they want to.

Bless you for caring about our one and only Earth. <3
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    c_leeee wrote: »
    KpopGrad92 wrote: »
    The emotional side of it all. Passing former lowest weights, Getting out of obese category, Getting out of plus size, Realizing how capable you are of physical activity. Realizing what people really support you, this is so huge! I realized how unsupportive my ex was of me and all I can think is thank god I got rid of him before we moved in or got married. I know in 20 lbs when I hit onederland there will be tears, I know when I hit normal BMI there will be tears. Goal weight I will just be such a mess. You learn a lot about your real self. You learn about the people around you. I learned I love running and that weight lifting doesn't suck that much. Weight loss is a lot of self discovery. I am excited what losing 80 more pounds will help me learn.

Oh my gosh yes! A lot of this, I have been super emotional about it lately! I hit 80lbs lost and Onederland in January. I cried the morning my scale read 199.8lbs. Then in February I hit 90lbs lost and finally left the Obese category. Now I'm like 2 1/2lbs from reaching my -100lb mark and I sort of feel this manic excitement. Goal weight is in sight, then transitioning to maintenance begins and I'm scared but excited. I had no idea it would be so emotional and the only people who really understand are the ones that go through it! I'm going to friend you!

It is very emotional, luckily I have some super supportive friends that listened to me and encouraged the excitement. However, I agree with you that the only people that truly understand how emotional it is are the ones who have done it. That said, when I reached the 100lb lost, it was very uneventful. I lost about 9lbs in 5 days because I was sick. I'll take it though :)
  • BillGaskell
    BillGaskell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 13 out of 40 lbs, but I was shocked this morning when (after realizing I'd gained a pound), I looked in the mirror and the image I saw made me feel like I had gained 10. Thankfully it motivated me to drink a lot of tea and water, so I can now see me in the mirror at my current weight and see the changes, but I couldn't believe how much my mind tricked me this morning.
    I've only lost 13 out of 40 lbs, but I was shocked this morning when (after realizing I'd gained a pound), I looked in the mirror and the image I saw made me feel like I had gained 10. Thankfully it motivated me to drink a lot of tea and water, so I can now see me in the mirror at my current weight and see the changes, but I couldn't believe how much my mind tricked me this morning.

I
  • BillGaskell
    BillGaskell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pound 12 to 18 months ago and have kept it off. Blood pressure back to normal.
    It's ok to put 3 or 4 back on at Christmas, holidays (at Daydream Island now ) and birthdays because you know you can lose it again doing the same things as before. Cheers
  • MrBlodudel
    MrBlodudel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How confident your way of walking will become. You walk past a mirror and notice that your shoulders are back, your spine straight, your strides longer and swifter.
    You can't help but stop and grin at your own reflection.
  • Kriskolas
    Kriskolas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    How emotional it can be. Realizing you're almost 30 and you are smaller and weigh less than you did in middle school gets those feels going.

Omg amen to this.
  • Goldhartbeat
    Goldhartbeat Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How suddenly walking on heels is a lot less painful! So much less pressure on those joints!
    How your mind doesn't catch up for a looooong time until suddenly you look in the mirror and feel like you lost all your weight in one day. I had that day, it was weird! I suddenly hardly recognised myself. :open_mouth:
  • Goldhartbeat
    Goldhartbeat Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lastly, how you can look in a mirror and just admire and poke not only bones (collar bones are amazing), but also muscles. My calves have such defined muscles!
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I get excited to exercise and run in new places.

So when I go on vacation or visit a friend in a different state or city and it's time for me to work out, I get really excited!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    How suddenly walking on heels is a lot less painful! So much less pressure on those joints!
    How your mind doesn't catch up for a looooong time until suddenly you look in the mirror and feel like you lost all your weight in one day. I had that day, it was weird! I suddenly hardly recognised myself. :open_mouth:

RIGHT?!? There is a whole new world of super-cute shoes available!!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    bump
  • baharal
    baharal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    [Dave_GettingFit
    How looking in the mirror will feel like looking at an old friend I haven't seen in years instead of the complete stranger I've been avoiding looking at as much as possible for so long.

Exactly!

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    MrBlodudel wrote: »
    How confident your way of walking will become. You walk past a mirror and notice that your shoulders are back, your spine straight, your strides longer and swifter.
    You can't help but stop and grin at your own reflection.

Yes! I've noticed it a lot more recently. Partly because there's less weight in my belly and it's not making me hunch over, but also there's a big increase in confidence.

The fun of showing new interns at work my "before" pictures. They didn't see me 100+ lbs ago.
  • saraAmcd
    saraAmcd Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    wearing a dress and not having to worry about your inner thighs rubbing together and stinging like hell!!! Summer is so much more enjoyable without the extra weight making you extra hot
    I can't wait for this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!