What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sunflowerhippi: I know exactly how you feel about the loose skin! I've lost 100 pounds already and there is nowhere there isn't hanging skin! My arms, my stomach, my thighs, my butt....everything hangs! I'm sure I'll be looking at skin surgery at some point in time

• chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    chel325 wrote: »
    How your self esteem plummets when you have to walk around with super baggy clothes because you cannot keep affording to buy new clothes for your forever shrinking waistline.

I just bought new jeans a month ago and they're already baggy in spots that aren't cute.

I'm wearing a size 16 with a belt to work when I wear a 10 and I feel so unprofessional.

I shop at thrift stores for this very reason- I got into and out of two pairs of jeans from there and they only cost me $3.50 each (name brand too). I've already donated them back.

This is a thing I've been trying to do but it's a little bit harder for me as I'm 4'11 so need to find pants that aren't too long. It's hard finding things in regular stores as sometimes the short is too long but in thrift stores it's nearly impossible! haha. I can do the tops though :)
  • pinkpsyche
    pinkpsyche Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lots of good stuff here.
    I remember finding a few new 'friends' who all of a sudden would talk to me, or notice me, or remember my name next time I visited their establishment when I had been going there for years or had mutual friends etc....

Some people obviously let vanity cloud their judgement.

Or maybe I just had a better attitude after and was more approachable?
    Nah..I was always jolly

Yes! To be honest though, those that couldn't give me the time of day as a heavier person really are not worth my time. It shows to me their true character. Maybe that sounds mean and I should be more forgiving?
  • NewMEEE2016
    NewMEEE2016 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    LoreA1960 wrote: »
    Sunflowerhippi: I know exactly how you feel about the loose skin! I've lost 100 pounds already and there is nowhere there isn't hanging skin! My arms, my stomach, my thighs, my butt....everything hangs! I'm sure I'll be looking at skin surgery at some point in time

This is why I've slowed down my weight loss, purposely, to about a lb a week. It was a downer, b/c I was all set to keep going at 2lbs per week- it was easy & really motivating. But the skin thing started to worry me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!