What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• kristamas
    kristamas Posts: 30 Member
    kristamas wrote: »
    I didn't expect the huge role that SLEEP would play in my weightloss. If I go a few days without enough sleep, it suddenly gets so hard to control cravings, I start feeling like a failure, I want to give up on the whole thing and I feel like I haven't made any progress. Then I finally get a good night's rest and it isn't so hard anymore to stick to my plan. Seems like I should have put it together a long time ago. Get enough sleep!!! Staying up late for that extra 'me' time is just. Not. Worth. It.

So true.

todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/060112p48.shtml
    .....Appetite Regulation
    In other research, sleep quantity and quality have been shown to play a role in regulating the hormone ghrelin, known as the hunger hormone that controls appetite. Discovered in 1999, this amino acid peptide is the only known peripherally produced and centrally acting hormone that influences the desire for food.....

https://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22402738
    These results suggest that sleep quality and quantity may contribute to weight loss in intervention-based studies designed to promote weight control in overweight/obese adult women.

https://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3632337/
    Sleep curtailment has become a common behavior and an increasing number of adults report sleep complaints in modern society. Laboratory studies and multiple epidemiological studies have linked short-sleep duration and poor-sleep quality to obesity risk.

journalsleep.org/articles/281017.pdf
    The results from this study suggest that sleep deprivation could
    play a significant role in the etiology of obesity in some individuals.

Wow that's fascinating. I had no idea there was so much research on it. Thanks for the links! Going to bed now!
  • amnandpn
    amnandpn Posts: 1 Member
    kgb6days wrote: »
    How cold you get without a thick pad of insulation

This is so true, I used to go out in the middle of winter in a t-shirt and hoody, now I have a strappy top, a thermal top, a jumper, a coat, a scarf, a hat and gloves that come u
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!