What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    That seat belts will hurt on long tips. I'm sort of short and we are road warriors (have a red Mustang convertible). I tend to enjoy doing most of the driving and our typical days will be 8+hours. Last trip I noticed my shoulder and arm hurting, then I kept having to shift the seat belt because it was hitting me right on my collar bone. Never bothered me before when I had padding there. I'm going to have to get one of those "old lady" clips to make it go across my chest lower. (never considered it before because the girls were so massive)

The shoulder strap should go squarely over your collarbone, through the middle of your shoulder. Don't get a belt positioner that moves it lower, that is unsafe. Those are for if it is hitting your neck, not sitting properly on your shoulder.

What you need are one of those "sheepskin" pads. :grin:

I have a problem that mine goes up to my neck, no matter how I adjust it. When I'm wearing a regular bra my boobs used to be big enough to hold it in place properly, but now it won't stay, especially in a sports bra.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    My period has become more regular. Before, it usually started every 35-40 days. A little harder to predict, but longer gaps between. The last three months? 28-28-28. Like clockwork. Symptoms and pain still the same, hopefully those will go away the more I lose.

I used to have horrifically painful periods. The one thing that helped was actually having children. After my first was born, I had no pain at all. Before children, I could always tell when my period was about to start as the tops of my legs would hurt. That all stopped after my first baby was born, to a point where I had no idea when my period would start as my cycles were all over the place.

Losing weight certainly regulated my cycles, they went from 30-35 days to 28 days. Every. Single. Month.

Still get grumpy beforehand though - snappy little crocodile doesn't come close to how grumpy I get!

I tend to cycle more during that week. It puts me in a good mood and protects others from "snappy crocodile" syndrome :)

This happened to me too. Periods were lie in bed miserable for the first day painful, pumped with ibuprofen and a heating pad cranked to high.

After the first kid? Nothing. Barely any cramps. My mom had a similar experience.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    OMG @NewLIFEstyle4ME I forgot all about the rings! I was in a store one day and, boom, my wedding ring fell off and clanked on the floor! Thank God I heard it. When it is hot and humid the rings are not a problem, but come winter, look out everyone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!