Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 4,192Member Member Posts: 4,192Member Member
    sgriska wrote: »
    That you’ll go to rub the back of your neck and shoulders and it will feel like a completely different person back there, like you’re rubbing the wrong back!

Haha, I love this! This made me laugh. :smile:
  • johnljacksonjohnljackson Posts: 5Member, Premium Member Posts: 5Member, Premium Member
    Kelll12123 wrote: »

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

hahaha this... My back is bruised from doing workouts on the floor because my shoulder blades stick out so much now.

No one told me how annoying buying clothes could be. It's great when they fit, but I keep going down sizes and needing to buy more and then not having a purpose for the larger sizes.

On a more positive note, I get hit on a lot more. Three different guys asked me out for Valentine's Day this year :)

Good for you for getting hit on a lot more. I'm sure this gives people a chance now to see how beautiful you are on the inside. Congrats!
  • sgriskasgriska Posts: 103Member Member Posts: 103Member Member
    Okay, this is a bit of a weird one. I'm a hairy woman. I have quite a bit of hair on my chin. It used to sit under my chin, in my double-chin area. Now it sits on my chin, inching closer to my bottom lip. I also carry a chunk of weight in my face so reducing my weight has definitely reduced a lot of fat in that area.
    That’s is so funny, Rel. As a post menopausal woman, I always figured the Big Bad Wolf was, too. I mean the whole “hair of my chinny chin chin” proves it, right? But with weight loss, mine have moved further down my neck. And gotten fewer. I’m good with that but I think it’s hysterical that you’re noticing a difference, too! What a journey!!!! May yours be fewer and... blonder?

Lolllll, yes, I think the amount I deal with decreases as I lose. I think it's mainly related to hormones, and losing weight has improved my hormone balance. I'm only 31 so I've got a while before I have to deal with all that! May we all hope for the lightest and least-coarse hairs there are.

Yeah, mine is drifting downwards, but far as I can tell hasn’t lessened or lightened any. But, heck, I just shave it off every day, and that’ll be the same whether it’s a single strand or a full beard, so I guess it ultimately doesn’t matter much to me.